Finale

Welcome to the World, Kim Sunghyun

Sound of birds chirping greet human population in the early morning. Almost whole residency are now already taking their leave for work but that is not happening to this one person. Even though vehicles come and go passing infront of his mansion, he is still laying comfortably inside his blanket. Yes, that person is no other, Kim Sunggyu, a CEO of Kim Corp. In fact, he is snoring although the alarm clock has been ringing countless time.

 

Rather than waking up and switch off the alarm, Sunggyu choose to hug the fluffy pillow closer to his chest and shamelessly snuggles under the duvet. His eyes not opened even an inch even he already awake few seconds ago. Drowsiness is still conquering his system and brain.

 

“Hoaaff…”

 

That will be the biggest yawn has been recorded by Woohyun the moment he steps into the room. Even hippo is not that ugly.

 

“Oh my God, my husband. You look quite ugly hubby.”

 

“Open your mouth more bigger, let flies come into it.” Woohyun nags with both hands on his waist. While the said man only grinned innocently.

 

“You should not talk bad about your husband, darling.” There is a hint of sulk in his voice. Sunggyu already sit against the headboard, giving a room for Woohyun to sit beside him.

 

“It is not my fault when your face resemble hippo.” Woohyun answered. Carefully he sit down on the bed to give rest at his throbbing feet after walking from the kitchen. When his due is around the corner, Woohyun become more tired with his feet and back are slowly killing him.

 

He rests his palm on his protruding belly, feeling his baby wiggling inside his warm womb. Since he awake this morning, his baby cannot stay still. Sometime he can feel the feet right on top of his navel, sometime the head is pressing down his bladder which make Woohyun sprints to the toilet in a mean second.

 

Sunggyu watches in silence his wife is drawning in his own thought while lovingly caressing his watermelon size belly. A pair of smile is craved on his lips remembering their fruit of love is growing healthily inside his wife womb. His mind automatically turns back to the time where they received this happy news nine months ago. That is three weeks they returned home from their honeymoon in Italy. For about a week Woohyun experienced nausea and vomited all foods his consumed. Sunggyu is dead worry at that time because they just back from oversea, he afraid if Woohyun is infected with influenza or virus while they are still in Italy.

 

Woohyun frowns when he see his husband is smiling while looking at him. What is wrong with him actually? Yes he looks like a prince charming but second time he see, it kind of creepy.

 

“Why are you smiling?”

 

Sunggyu jolted from his thought when Woohyun taps his right thigh. He hold onto his left chest to calm his heartbeat. “Honey!”

 

“I’m sorry. I’m just want to ask why are you smiling to your self just now. What are you thinking?” Repeats Woohyun.

 

“Do you remember the first time when we knew you are expecting? That time I thought you are infected by influenza or something.” Sunggyu starts off. While speaking, he carefully takes his wife body into his embrace and rubbed his bump lovingly.

 

Immediately Woohyun’s mind travels back to nine month ago. He is still remember Sunggyu’s anxious face everytime he pukes out his foods into the toilet bowl. Not only that, his appetite is decreasing, he even vomits just from the aroma of foods. Woohyun is really in terrible state at that time.

 

“Truthfully Gyu, I felt like want to laugh at you after I saw your panic face. Luck is on your side because I barely open my eyes at time. If not, I would already rolling on the floor laughing at you.”

 

“Honey! I really panic at that time okay. How should I know that is the earlier sign of pregnancy.”

 

 

---

 

Flashback…

 

Sunggyu waited outside the toilet impatiently. It had been 30 minutes since Woohyun entered the toilet. The sound of throwing up was not going to stop any sooner. Sunggyu started to pace back and forth while waiting for the door to be opened. He had to cancel his intention going to office. Woohyun was more important.

 

“Darling! Please open the door. Let me in.” Sunggyu shouted from the outside but still did not get any answer.

 

He waited for another few minutes until the door being opened and revealed a very pale and weak Woohyun coming out. Seeing the vulnerable state of his wife, Sunggyu rushed to his side and helped him to walk to their bed. A glass of water on the nightstand was passed to Woohyun to help him getting rid the after vomit taste.

 

Sunggyu corrected the damp hair of Woohyun and kissed his temple. “Let’s go to the clinic. It has been a week you are like this and it getting worse day by day.” Sunggyu tried to coax Woohyun. Without being asked, he massaged Woohyun’s nape to ease the strain on that area.

 

The sensation from the massage really help Woohyun to relax. He closed his eyes to feel his husband fingers working like magic on his nape. Thanks to him, the nausea and discomfort from earlier were slowly gone. But still, he felt very weak right now, even to lift his finger, Woohyun did not had much strength.

 

“I don’t think I can Gyu. I can’t even lift my head right now.” Woohyun replied in a small voice. He almost sounded like whispering but managed to be heard by Sunggyu.

 

Swear to God, Sunggyu almost shed his tears when he witnessed his wife weak state. If he can change place right now, Sunggyu would be gladly do it. He rather had his wife sickness than see him lifeless like this,

 

He tried to think any possible way so that Woohyun can be examined. He suddenly then remembered his family doctor, Dr. Yoon. His hand dipped into his back pocket and fished out his smartphone to search for his contact. Right after he found it, he dialled the number instantly.

 

He waited for a few seconds before the line was connected. “Hello uncle, it is me, Sunggyu.

 

“Yes, Sunggyu. Why are you calling me early in the morning?”

 

“Uncle can you come over to my house to check on my wife? He has been vomiting for one week.”

 

While Sunggyu was talking to his family doctor, Woohyun was fighting hard to hold back the sudden nausea in his throat. He closed his eyes and tried to chase away the nausea but it seems like not working. Every second passed, the bile rose higher until at one point he could not hold any longer. Woohyun ran to the toilet and let out the content in his stomach.

 

“Hoek!”

 

Sunggyu whipped his head to the source and abruptly ended the call before he managed to properly end it. He rushed to his wife side and rubbed his back to help him. He did not care if his shirt was stained by his wife vomit.

 

“Hoek!”

 

The flush was pulled after Woohyun finished and Sunggyu lifted Woohyun in bridal style until he reached their bed. Carefully he laid down Woohyun like his wife was made from a pice of glass. Right the moment Woohyun felt the back of his head touched the pillow, he straight away drifted to his slumber.

 

 

“How about him, Doojoon?” Sunggyu asked directly after Doojoon had finished examined his wife. He let the young doctor to pack his things first before he get his answer. But before that, Woohyun’s peaceful face were caught by his eyes before he and Doojoon left the room.

 

The door was closed to avoid interruption to Woohyun. Doojoon ushered Sunggyu to follow him as he descended the stairs. Sunggyu followed him closely behind until they reached downstairs. Both of the gentlemen were facing each other.

 

“First of all, my daddy send his apology because he could not make it because he is on-call.” Doojoon started off first. His tone was relax but only brought tension to Sunggyu.

 

“Oh, no wonder you are here. I thought uncle undergo plastic surgery.” Sunggyu tried to crack a joke to calm his own heart. And it did help him a bit.

 

“Hahah!” A chuckle slipped off from Doojoon red lips.

 

“Congratulation Sunggyu. You are going to be a Daddy.”

 

Surprised!

 

1

 

2

 

3

 

“I’M GOING TO BE A DADDY!!!!” A loud yell was produced by Sunggyu after he connected everything. Due to his loud voice, Doojoon had to cover his ears or else they might be hurt.

 

If only Sunggyu was not his friend, Doojoon will gladly hit him until he lost his conscious. But luckily he still had that humanity or else Sunggyu would be already dead right now. Doojoon put on some distance between them to save his eardrum. But later, Sunggyu shook his whole body until he almost can see stars. His organs almost displaced.

 

“Kim Sunggyu, I am not a coconut shake or anything similar to it.” He peeled off Sunggyu’s hands on his body and pushed him a bit. His shirt became wrinkle a bit.

 

“I am so happy!” A huge smile plastered on Sunggyu’s handsome face. He almost looked like a toothpaste model.

 

Seeing Sunggyu wide teeth smile, Doojoon shivered. He could feel his hairs stood when he saw Sunggyu smiled. “Put away that smile! You look creepy.”

 

“I am not!”

 

“Whatever. I’m going now. About the payment just bank in to my account, later I’ll give you the number.” Doojoon excused himself before Sunggyu acted more bizarre.

 

“Why your account?”

 

“Who is coming? Me or Daddy?” Doojoon raised his left eyebrow.

 

“Okay, I get it.”

 

“See you again, bye.”

 

 

---

 

The room was left in silence with Woohyun peacefully lying on the bed in the moddle of the room. Couple minutes after, Woohyun’s eyes slowly fluttered to be opened. He scanned the whole room and pouted when he found no one else in the room besides him. Last time he remembered, Doojoon was coming over to check on him before he fell into a deep sleep after he took a medicine from Doojoon.

 

His head was not longer throbbing like before. He felt much better thanks to the medicine earlier. Woohyun took of the duvet over his body and rested his back against the bedhead. His mind was still wondering where did everyone go. Did Sunggyu left to the office without telling him first? Was not he promised to stay home today?

 

“Darling,” Woohyun shifted his head to the door and found Sunggyu was entering the room with a bright smile. He was still wearing his office attire.

 

“Where were you just now?”

 

“I sent off Doojoon and had a little chit chat before that.” Sunggu explained. He sat himself beside Woohyun and took his wife hand into his larger one.

 

This was weird. Sunggyu was still wearing the same smile since he entered just now. What was really happening? Did he enjoy his wife was not feeling well?

 

“What with that smile? Am I missing anything while resting just now?” Woohyun looked at him skeptically.

 

The question was left hanging in the air. Rather than answered, Sunggyu’s smile stretched longer and almost reached his ears.

 

“Gyu, put away that creepy face please. You look like a crazy person.”

 

“Thank you darling.” He answered short. Sunggyu rested his palm on top of Woohyun’s abdomen and left his wife in dumbfound. One of Woohyun’s eyebrow lifted in confusion at his husband action.

 

Wait…

 

Did this mean?

 

“Am I pregnant, Gyu?” The question was not answered but Sunggyu just only smiled at him. Upon seeing the smile, Woohyun finally caught the meaning behind it. Directly after that, he threw his body into his husband embrace and cried his eyes out. His fist were clenched hardly to the fabric of Sunggyu shirt.

 

Sunggyu truly understand how Woohyun felt right now. He, himself was feeling delighted now, and of course Woohyun would be the same as him. The small body of Woohyun shook in Sunggyu embrace as he was a bit overjoy with the news. Sunggyu hugged the body closer to him and caressed the back of Woohyun’s body to calm him. Once a while, he rocked their body and hummed some soothing tune to make Woohyun stopped crying.

 

“Enough crying please. I cannot differentiate if you are actually happy nor sad.” Sunggyu tilted Woohyun’s chin to face him and directly kissed the plump lips.

 

“I am so happy, Gyu. I have your baby.”

 

“I know darling. Finally Kim junior is inside your womb.”

 

“I love you, Gyu.”

 

“I love you more. And also our baby Kim.” At the end of it, Sunggyu bent down and left a chaste kiss on the flat stomach.

 

 

---

 

“Darling, Doojoon almost wanted to throw a punch to me because he said that I scream too loud and hurt his ears. That was because I am too happy. Babo Doojoon.”

 

“Really?” Woohyun asks playfully.

 

“Yes darling. I swear.” Sunggyu tries to convince Woohyun.

 

Woohyun just smiled when he hears Sunggyu story. He has been heard it countless time since the day he is announced pregnant. Every time they bring up the topic of pregnancy, Sunggyu’s story never fail to tag along. It will only stop either Sunggyu is dead or amnesia, if not the story will continue. But sometimes Woohyun enjoys listening to Sunggyu story telling time because his husband acts like a kid telling his story. From his expression and emphasizing, everything is cute to Woohyun. So everytime Sunggyu opens his mouth, he wonders if their future kids will inherit their father cute habit.

 

“If you are happy, then I will be thousand time more happier than you because got chosen to have your baby.” Like on cue, Woohyun feel some faint movements inside his womb. Looks like baby Kim is siding his/her Mommy.

 

“Baby Kim kicked?” Sunggyu asks when he see Woohyun is rubbing his side. His face showing liked he is holding back a pain. When Sunggyu sees that, he quickly levels down his face so that it become at the same level with the bump and casually talking with the unborn.

 

“Nothing, baby Kim just kicked be a bit harder. Since I awake this morning baby Kim has been moving around a lot. That is very unsual as baby Kim is supposed to be sleeping until noon.” Woohyun explains while his fingers are running through Sunggyu’s dark locks.

 

“Have you feel anything yet?”

 

“Just some minor contraction. It is still bareable.”

 

“Does it hurt?” Sunggyu cannot hide his curiosity. Both of his eyes looks up innocently to Woohyun to seek for an answer. And that only invites Woohyun to pinch hard his husband cheeks and make the poor man to let out a yelp.

 

Later, he kisses both of the abused cheeks and caressed them to reduce the stinging pain. Sunggyu’s smile is back again plastered on his lips.

 

“Not really but sometime it does. My waist and back almost break into two when the pain striked.”

 

Hearing his wife complaint, Sunggyu instantly massages the said area with much care and gentleness. The sensation received by Woohyun is really no joke. All his pain and discomfort are sent away and leave only with satisfaction. A series of satisfied moan are slipped from the kissable lips everytime Sunggyu’s fingers work on the pain area.

 

“How is it?

 

“Much better. Thank you hubby.”

 

 

---

 

Week 14 (3 months and 2 weeks)

 

On a calm and bright morning, we can see a familiar figure was busy in the kitchen to prepare some breakfast. Supposedly Woohyun was the one who prepared them breakfast this morning but due to his health right now, Sunggyu took over the chore. Sunggyu turned off the alarm on Woohyun’s phone purposely so that the pregnant man could get his rest. Actually he could not bear to see his wife pushed himself to do the house chores while his body was still weak. Considering that, Sunggyu chose to volunteer making them breakfast this morning.

 

Even though the cooking task was fully handled by Woohyun but it did not mean that Sunggyu was bad at it. Of course his skill was not at the same level as Woohyun but he still can cook to stay alive. The taste also was not that bad, but sometime he needed a bit of improve,ent in certain part. But he tried all his best to cook for Woohyun this morning.

 

Now Woohyun could already accept a bit of food after his nausea was gradually to disappear. So, Sunggyu decided to make him a chicken porridge because it was more convenience to Woohyun and easy to swallow.

 

After the porridge was cooked, Sunggyu turned off the heat and took a spoon of it to taste it first. Satisfied with his own masterpiece, Sunggyu than filled an empty bowl with the porridge and put it in a tray together with a glass of water. He carefully lifted the tray from the table and headed to upstairs.

 

 

“Darling, wake up. I made breakfast for you.” Sunggyu whispered softly at Woohyun’s right ears. He whispered as softly as possible afraid to make Woohyun jolted from his sleep.

 

A few second later, the sleeping figure started to squirm under the fluffy duvet. Sunggyu pulled back his body a bit to give some room for Woohyun to stretch before the sleeping beauty decided to open his eyes.

 

His husband handsome became the first thing he saw right after his eyes cracked open. Woohyun flashed him a smile as a greeting and got a reply with a morning kiss on his lips. His eyes then accidentally caught the hand of the clock across him and made his eyes almost popped out from his socket.

 

“I’m sorry Gyu.” Woohyun sent him an apologetic smile.

 

“It’s okay darling. I volunteer to cook this for you.”

 

When Woohyun heard his husband reason, his lips stretched to its limit where it almost reaching his ears. Sunggyu’s thin lips then was kissed but later he hide his blushing face into Sunggyu’s firm chest.

 

“All right darling, enough with the blushing. Come, let mefeed you.”

 

 

---

 

“Are you guys ready to meet your little one?” The middle age woman in white coat asked the couple in front her with a bit enthusiasm which immediately Woohyun answered by nodding his head.

 

The strap on his left arm had been put off as the doctor will do ultrasound after that. Sunggyu held onto Woohyun’s hand and helped his cute wife to lay on the examination bed. He watched in silence how the doctor put on the cold gel on Woohyun’s belly and ran the transducer along the surface to find the image of the fetus.

 

Woohyun accidentally gripped his husband band a bit hard when the cold gel touched his skin. “It’s cold.”

 

Sunggyu just only smiled and turned back their focus to the black and white screen while waiting attentively for the doctor to find the desired image. While rubbing the transducer along it, the doctor’s eyes remained fixed to the screen. Her eyes were focused to find the image until few minutes later she smiled in triumph.

 

“Found it!” Her voice got an octave higher when she already found it. Her point finger circled the image on the screen to show it to the expecting parent.

 

It was still small but not that smaller during their first appointment. The size now was almost a plum. The moment when Woohyun laid his eyes on the screen, his tears started to pool in his eyes. He brought his fingers to the screen and caressed the image of his fetus. The head of the fetus had already formed but still not completely. Although the fetus had not been fully formed yet, but Sunggyu can recognize it. He shared the same joyful with his wife. Woohyun’s fluffy cheek were kissed multiple time to express his overflowing gratitude.

 

“That is our baby. I can’t believe there is another life growing inside you.” Sunggyu whispered. Woohyun nodded at his husband without tearing his gaze from the screen.

 

“So far the fetus is healthy and fine. Look closer here,” Both Sunggyu and Woohyun followed where the doctor finger pointed. “The chin, forehead, and the nose are almost formed. If everything is fine, you can see the complete face in the next appoinment.”

 

“Really doctor!” An excited shriek from Sunggyu almost startled the doctor. Woohyun could only shook his head at his husband cute reaction. He did not expect his husband would react cutely like this.

 

“Yes, from my observation the vital organs of the fetus have been matured and operated. And also here I detect steady heartbeat from it.” She turned his face to face the couple. “Would you guys want to listen to the heartbeat?”

 

The expecting parents nodded their heads. For one second the room filled with silence as the doctor was preparing to play the steady heartbeat of their fetus.

 

Dug… Dug…

 

Dug… Dug…

 

The whole room echoed with the most beautiful and peaceful rhythm in this world. Sunggyu’s mouth gaped as he listened to it. This was just beautiful. He never heard any peaceful rhythm other than his own child heartbeat. Excited, thrill, nervous, happy, all the emotion jumbled up inside Woohyun to the point where it triggered the production of his tears.

 

Woohyun tilted his head to his side where his husband was still holding tightly onto his hand. His condition was not far better than him. He did not expect Sunggyu will also cry like him. How he wished he was holding onto a camera right now so he can record his husband ugly face. A crying Sunggyu was not something that people can easily watch.

 

Sunggyu startled when he felt a finger came in contact with his skin to wipe off his running tears. He dropped his gaze to his wife and kissed his wife palm lovingly.

 

“Thank you so much darling.”

 

“Thank you to you too, Gyu.”

 

 

---

Their position now have been changed with Sunggyu is leaning his back against the headboard and Woohyun is sitting in between his husband legs. A pair of strong arms protectively hugging the round belly and sometimes poking the skin playfully to play with the baby inside.

 

“That was the most beautiful rhythm I have ever heard in my life before. Even your singing cannot beat the calming sound of the heartbeat.” Sunggyu tighten his arms but still not too tight, afraid he might hurt baby Kim inside.

 

“I agree. It just too overwhelmed. No words can describe my feeling at that time.”

 

The moment when Woohyun knows there is another life is growing inside him, he is in cloud nine. He is too happy and excited to has a cute little bundle in his arms later. Also, Woohyun feeling proud of himself because he has almost completed his task as Kim Woohyun by giving Sunggyu an heir. Being married to Sunggyu is his ultimate dream and to build a family with Sunggyu is his forever dream. Since he tied the knot with Sunggyu, Woohyun has his physical and mental ready to move a step forward in his life.

 

Sunggyu smiles along with Woohyun and later kisses the red plump lips where he almost caught Woohyun off guard. The kiss is pure and innocence. It just a symbolic of their love and how they express each other gratitude. Marrying Woohyun is the most awaiting part in his life. He is his turning point. If before this Sunggyu does not has to share his love and care but now he has Woohyun, and he owns the highest ranking in Sunggyu mind. With the adding of their future child, Sunggyu believes he makes the right decision to marry Woohyun. He believes Woohyun will be the best mother figure of his kids.

 

 

---

 

Weeks 23 (5 months and 3 weeks)

 

The foetus was growing healthily inside Woohyun. Since he just entered the second trimester of his pregnancy, the morning sicks and nausea experienced by Woohyun during his early trimester had completely disappeared. How much Woohyun felt relieved because he did not had to face toilet bowl the first thing after he awoke. He could counted with his fingers how many times he kissed Sunggyu the first thing he did after he opened his eyes.

 

“What is this delicious smell? What are you making?”

 

Woohyun almost slipped the knife he held to cut the ingredient after suddenly a pair of arms s around his waist. Thanks to his quick reflex, the knife was still in his hand. He let the person hugging him while he was preparing their breakfast.

 

The hug became stronger after Woohyun left a shy morning kiss on his husband right cheek. Sunggyu snuggled his face against Woohyun’s inviting neck, rubbing his pointy nose against the warms skin. The sweet aroma from Woohyun really calming Sunggyu.

 

“My love Gyu, I am cooking now. If you still cling on me like this, I can’t promise we can have our breakfast on time.” Woohyun tried to coax Sunggyu. He knew why his husband suddenly became clingy. Sunggyu was in the mood to cuddle and being pampered by Woohyun.

 

Not an answer he received, but a whimper from Sunggyu. Inside Woohyun heart he was doing calculation how to split his body into two after their baby was born. He had two baby to be taken care, one his real baby while the other one was his forever giant baby.

 

He put down the knife and pushed the chopper board away from his body. With a bit difficulty with Sunggyu clung on him fully, Woohyun turned his body without breaking the hold. After he was completely faced Sunggyu, his husband immediately snuggled closer to his chest. Woohyun had to hold his husband shoulder or else he was tickling him.

 

He rubbed his palm up and down along Sunggyu back to calm him down. Upon receiving a loving touch, spontaneously Sunggyu’s eyes were shut closed.

 

“Why is my giant baby is so clingy this morning, hmm?” Woohyun caressed his husband sharp jawline. “Usually even if I leave for a while, you are not acting like this.” Instead of receiving an answer, Woohyun earned more whimpered from Sunggyu. He even stomped his feet on the floor.

 

“I cannot find you when I awake just now. I miss you so much to where I almost to cry.” His voice sounded vibrated like he was holding back his emotion.

 

Woohyun started to panic when he saw some tears were pooling in his husband eyes. “Shh, I am here, don’t cry.” He pulled back Sunggyu’s head and rested his face into his chest. This was very unusual of Sunggyu to be this clingy. If Sunggyu wanted cuddle or being pampered, he will asked him not acting like this.

 

“Honey, I went to the market earlier like always I did, don’t you remember? Did not I be at home around this time? You are not like this before even I come home a bit late.”

 

The cries had subsided now, only left with small hiccups. “I don’t know. Maybe the hormone.”

 

Sunggyu’s reason made Woohyun chuckled. “Who is the one pregnant here? You or me?”

 

“People said not only the expecting mother will experience hormone ups and downs, the husband also can.”

 

 

Sunggyu quickly washed his hands after he finished washing their plates during lunch earlier. He had been excited since they had lunch because Woohyun promised to cuddle with him after this. Woohyun already took his leave after they finished their lunch to clean himself before their cuddling session. He did not reject the offer when his husband volunteered to do the cleaning, he gladly accepted that.

 

“Darling~” Sunggyu plopped his body next to Woohyun who already had been waiting for him on the bed while playing with his phone. Right after when Woohyun caught his husband figure, he locked his phone and pit it back on the nightstand.

 

“Come closer to me honey.” Woohyun opened his arms to take Sunggyu’s body into him. He wrapped his arms around his husband waist before he directed his husband head to lay on his chest. He later then ran his fingers through his husband dark locks and sometimes massaged the scalp which brought a calm feeling to Sunggyu.

 

Sunggyu brought his free hand to his wife round bump and caressed it lovingly. “Darling, will you still love me after the baby is born?”

 

His hand immediately stopped massaging his husband scalp right after he heard Sunggyu nonsense question. Woohyun could not stop himself from not to laugh at him. Seeing his wife reaction, Sunggyu pouted and sulked at him.

 

“I am serious here.”

 

Gradually Woohyun’s laughter became slower but still not fully. “What are you thinking when you asked me that question, Gyu? Of course I love you, if not I am not here with you.”

 

“Really?” Sunggyu still doubted at Woohyun’s answer. His small eyes tried to read Woohyun’s black orbs, to find any hint of lie there.

 

“No, I lie to you. Of course after this baby Kim will be my first priority, and me dearest husband might not be in the list, I guess?” Woohyun teased his husband. His point finger massaged his chin, trying to look like he was thinking.

 

“Woo!”

 

“Ouch!”

 

Right at his husband sudden shout, Woohyun felt a strong kick on the side of his belly. It was strong and stinging. Reflex, Woohyun pulled his body to sit and pushed aside his husband. His face grimaced in pain when he rubbed the area with his palm. Guilt suddenly crept on inside Sunggyu when he saw Woohyun pain state.

 

“Daddy is sorry, baby. I did not mean to startle you, it was Mommy fault.” Sunggyu put the blame on Woohyun. He whispered his apologize to their unborn baby. Once a while he glanced at his wife and found Woohyun’s face was still holding back the pain. He continued to rub the round belly to calm baby Kim movement as he still can feel some vigorous kicks underneath his palm.

 

“You are the one who did this, then you put the blame on me. And now you tattletale to our baby.”

 

“Daddy is sorry Mommy. I did not mean to raise my voice earlier. I forgot baby Kim is inside you.”

 

Woohyun hardly holding back his smile to see his husband cute sulk. The pain was gradually decreasing and baby Kim also had calm. No more kicking around, just left only with flutter movement inside him.

 

“Are you still hurt?” The question was answered with a shook from Woohyun. After he received it, Sunggyu levelled down his head at the same level with Woohyun bump and left a kiss on top of it. The after that, the kiss moved to Woohyun’s lips which made the owner to blush deeply.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s okay. I want you to know that will always be only you in my heart, Kim Sunggyu. No one can replace your place there.”

 

“Promise?”

 

“I swear.”

 

 

---

 

The couple enjoy each other warmth and comfort. Sunggyu is hugging Woohyun closer to him while his hand continuously tracing some unknown pattern on the bump. Woohyun smiles to himself at the tranquility between them. But soon after, his eyes almost bulged out from its socket when his gaze drops at the hands on the clock inside the room. It almost 9.30 am but the CEO is still here, what is more worsen, he is still clad in his pyjama and has not shower yet. Woohyun untangles the arms on his waist and jumps off the bed.

 

“Darling, what is wrong? Is it the time?” A blur Sunggyu appears.

 

“Faster, Gyu. Go shower now, you are late. Look at the clock.” Woohyun starts to nag. But before he manages to walk away from the bed, Woohyun feels his wrist is being held.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

If only he can kill his husband, Woohyun would be gladly do that. How can his husband is still calm and relax after he knows that he is late right now. Is he serious?

 

“Sunggyu darling, look at the clock now, read the hands. You are late right now. Or you want your daddy to come and nag at you, hmm?” Woohyun ignores his husband confused look and proceeds to prepare his husband attire.

 

While he was busy choosing a shirt for Sunggyu, Woohyun feels his body is being pulled against something hard. He sighs when Sunggyu rests his chin on his crown. He places his hand on Sunggyu’s.

 

“Gyu, go shower please.”

 

“Do you want to know something?”

 

“What?” Woohyun asks lazily.

 

“My leaves start today until baby Kim is born.”

 

Silence.

 

1

 

2

 

3

 

“Auch!!!” Sunggyu rubs his stomach where Woohyun has pinched him there. Thanks God Woohyun is pregnant right now, or Sunggyu may has many bruises later.

 

“You always play with me. Why did not you tell me earlier?” He is still annoyed at his own husband but he has stopped pinching him. Woohyun leaves Sunggyu alone at there and moves to their bed to sit. He purposely throws his face from seeing his husband. Woohyun is sulking.

 

Sunggyu feels guilty suddenly. He does not mean to keep this secret from his wife. He wants to tell him last night but, he has already sleeping. And of course Sunggyu would not going to wake him up just because of that. He is aware Woohyun has trouble in sleeping as his bump is giving him discomfort. One more thing, he remembers he has tell him before this around three weeks ago.

 

He needs to take responsible on what he has done. Sunggyu brings his feet to where his wife is sitting on the bed. He bends down his knee in front of Woohyun and pulls his hands into him, and kisses each of the knuckles.

 

“Darling,”

 

Woohyun is not answering him. One more problem now is Woohyun roller coaster emotion. Since he enters his last trimester, his hormones become unstable. Sometimes he can get angry even over the smallest thing. And being a good husband he is, Sunggyu has to adapt on the changes. Depends on his luck, if he is lucky on that time, Woohyun’s sulk end earlier.

 

“Darling,” Again, Sunggyu calls out his wife nickname but he is still get ignored by him. Woohyun’s pout become more visible than before.

 

This is call for drastic measure. The last resort he can think right now is baby card. Sunggyu knows Woohyun will reply him.

 

“Baby, your Mommy is angry at Daddy. He refuses to look at Daddy.” Sunggyu leans his face against the bump. His right cheek glued on the belly.

 

Before this baby Kim is resting peacefully until his husband decides to disturb the baby. And now baby Kim is fully awake which means it is play time now.

 

“See that, you always talk bad about me to our baby. Are you really love me, Gyu?” Suddenly his eyes fill with warm tears. Sunggyu becomes panic.

 

“Darling, listen to me first. I love you, if not baby Kim is not inside you.” Sunggyu palms the round bump with both of his hand. He noticed his wife face changes its shade.

 

“Then why are you do that?”

 

“I am not. I swear I want to tell you last night but you already sleeping. And this morning we cuddle until I forget to tell you again. But I swear I am not lying.”

 

Woohyun only nods. A smile craves on his red lips which means he is not angry anymore.

 

“I love you, darling.” Sunggyu kisses his wife temple before he pulls the small body into his warm embrace.

 

“I love you too.”

 

“Enough with that, now I want you to follow me shower.”

 

“When?”

 

“Of course now.”

 

 

---

 

Week 30 (7 months and 2 weeks)

 

Sunggyu arranged the files lying on the table along with papers after he finished his work. The small clock beside his laptop was glanced a while to read the display number. It almost 11.45 and that means that he had been staying here for four hours straight since after he had dinner. Last time he saw his wife beautiful face was when he sent him a warm nescafe before he took his rest in their shared room.

 

After he finished his task, Sunggyu clicked the shut down icon on his laptop and walked to the door. He makes sure first the air con and lamp were switch off first before he left the room. His destination was to his room. His wife must be waiting for him right now. The moment when he opened the door, he eyes caught the sight of his wife was sitting at the dressing table. When their gaze met each other, Woohyun gave his husband a genuine smile.

 

Sunggyu straight away headed to their bed while waiting for Woohyun to finish his night facial routine. After Woohyun had finished his routine, he rose from the chair and soon followed his husband on the bed. Woohyun felt guilty when he saw his husband tired face with both of his eyes closed.

 

Because of him, Sunggyu had to stay up late to finish his works just to accompany him to buy baby things tomorrow. Since last week Woohyun had told Sunggyu about this but Sunggyu requested to postpone it because he cannot accompany him.

 

Actually Woohyun did not mind if Sunggyu could not accompany him. He can asked his mother or Sunggyu’s mother or even his friends to accompany him. It was not a big deal. But Sunggyu insisted to postpone and Woohyun just granted his request considering that Sunggyu,s schedule was really pack. He knew his husband wanted to buy the baby things together.

 

“I thought you fall asleep, I just plan to look on you after this.” Woohyun started the conversation. His head rested comfortably on Sunggyu’s firm chest which in the mean second his hairs were caressed by Sunggyu.

 

Sunggyu did not answer Woohyun verbally, he just simply hummed at him and continue to his wife dark locks. All his fatigue now had vanished the moment his nostril inhaled his wife special comforting scent.

 

“Why are you not sleeping yet?”

 

“I want too but baby Kim not allow me to do so.”

 

It was the truth actually. Since he left Sunggyu’s working room, baby Kim started to act up. Baby Kim did not let Woohyun to get his rest. If he shifted to the right, then baby Kim will kicking, if he shifted to the left, baby Kim still kicking. Woohyun could not find his most comfortable position as baby Kim still not stop kicking. He tried to lulled his baby to sleep but to no avail. Lastly Woohyun thought that maybe baby Kim missed Sunggyu because usually after dinner Sunggyu will be talking with their baby first but not this night. Maybe because of that baby Kim protested.

 

Sunggyu slowly lifted Woohyun’s head from his chest to pull his body to sit facing his wife bump. He pulled the sleeping shirt until it reached just below Woohyun’s chest. He took his time to admire the silky skin, free from stretch marks because every night Sunggyu would spare some times to put on lotion to the skin. As the result, Woohyun’s bump was free from any stretches usually expecting mom have.

 

Sunggyu purposely rubbed his nose onto the skin where he found baby Kim head leisurely laid there. When he disturbed the baby, baby Kim changed his position which it sometimes tickle Woohyun but he suppressed his laugh so he was not interrupt the father and baby bonding time. He only speak up when it needed, the rest only Sunggyu’s voice talking to their unborn baby. He knew his husband must be missing baby Kim so much, the night before they went to bed was the only time Sunggyu had to talk with baby Kim. While him had the whole 24 hours with baby Kim.

 

Did baby Kim do not let Mommy sleep? Why did you do that?” Sunggyu softly talked to the bump while his hand was rubbing every inch of the skin with some oil. Woohyun just only smile but a while later, his face grimaced in pain when he felt a sudden pain under his belly. Woohyun put on light pressure on that side to sooth the pain.

 

“Baby kicks?” Sunggyu asked. His face showed a clear concerned. To help his wife reducing the pain, Sunggyu joined Woohyun to rub the area. While doing that, Sunggyu kept on whispering to their unborn baby to calm the foetus. He cannot stand to see everytime his wife is in pain.

 

“Daddy don’t get angry at me. I just miss Daddy.” Woohyun mimicked baby voice to cheer his husband. Sunggyu was trying back to hold himself from attacking Woohyun with thousand kisses because of his cute antic. Could not be able to hold himself, Sunggyu stole a kiss on Woohyun’s sharp nose and successfully changed Woohyun’s face colour.

 

“Daddy is not angry at you honey. But can my baby please don’t hurt you Mommy often. Poor him. Mommy needs to rest a lot before he gives birth to you later.”

 

When Woohyun watched the beautiful scene between the father and his baby, his heart swell in happiness. His choice was not wrong. Sunggyu will be the best husband to him and a great father to their children. Baby Kim was not being born yet but he can already see the generous amount love and affection shown by Sunggyu. Not even once Sunggyu failed to talk to their baby although his time was constrained. A kiss will do and if their were on the phone, Sunggyu will ask Woohyun to put on loud speaker near his stomach so he can greet baby Kim.

 

“All right Daddy, baby is sorry. Baby promise not to hurt Mommy anymore. Baby loves you.”

 

Sunggyu smiled to his content when he looked up to see his wife smiling face. The lotion bottle was put back onto the nightstand and Sunggyu pulled back the clothe to cover the exposed belly. Then the expecting parent together lay down onto the mattress and slowly drown into dream fantasy.

 

 

“Honey, look at this! So cute!” For the nth time Woohyun sighed and prayed in his heart Sunggyu will finish shopping very soon. It almost been an hour since they entered this store and not even once Woohyun saw Sunggyu stay still and kept his sane. He understand Sunggyu was excited but can his husband please control himself a bit. People were watching them.

 

“Dear hubby, I think we should call it a day. The clothes are more than enough.” Woohyun whined from the bench in the baby store. His feet and back were aching badly to the point where he had no energy left to stand. Blamed his husband.

 

The salesgirl only grinned at the couple behaviour. This kind of scene was common to her because not all expecting mother were excited, most of the cases the father usually more excited than the wife.

 

“But this one is cute. I’m sure baby Kim will like it.” Sunggyu not give up easily. He activated his cute mode with hope Woohyun melts at it.

 

“Since we come until now, you have been saying that, Gyu. From ten clothes chosen here, only two pieces were mine. I repeat, ONLY TWO and the rest is yours.”

 

Sunggyu face turned to sullen. His lips were pouting. And yes Woohyun glad finally his husband understood him but later he felt guilty. His eyes scanned his husband rejected face.

 

“Fine. That will be last one. Promise me, no clothe after this okay.” Sulky Gyu was one of Woohyun’s weakness other than cute Gyu. This side of Sunggyu he never revealed to anyone else apart from his parent and Woohyun.

 

“Thank you honey!” Sunggyu smiled brightly and pumped his hands into the air. Right after Woohyun turned his body to the cashier, Sunggyu smirked but changed back to innocent smile when Woohyun looked at him.

 

 

---

 

Heaven’s Baby store was the next destination for Sunggyu and Woohyun. They heard from their friends feedback, this store offered affordable price with various goods from the smallest item, until the important. Also the store almost complete with baby needs with many types and design.

 

“Welcome to Heaven’s Baby store.” They were welcomed by a salesgirl at the entrance. Sunggyu just nodded and smiled at her.

 

“Anything I can help? What are you looking for?” The same girl assisted the couple. But Woohyun started to feel annoyed when he sensed that the girl was trying to flirt his husband.

 

“We are looking for baby cot.” Sunggyu answered short, still oblivious with the current situation. He did not notice his wife was clenching his teeth to suppress his anger.

 

“Follow me.”

 

Woohyun sent the girl sharp glance but went unnoticed. Purposely he hugged his husband arms tightly to show Sunggyu was his but she ignored the sign and continued to flirt at his husband. She intentionally tilted her head over to where his hair fell to one side and revealed her neckline. If only the girl is a piece of paper, Woohyun will surely crumple her and threw inside a dustbin. She can ask him also why only Sunggyu. Hello! Nam Woohyun was not mute!

 

“May I know the ? I can recommend some design.” Again the flirtatious smile appeared. Woohyun was trying hard to hold himself from kicking the girl.

 

“We purposely keep our baby because MY hubby wants it to be surprised. Sweet is not he?” This time Woohyun took his chance to answer the girl question. And of course she was disappointed because Woohyun was the one answer it not Sunggyu. Served her right!

 

“If that so, I recommend uni design. Both can use it.” She brought the couple to where uni section. “These are the design we have here.”

 

They reached the section where soft pastel colour other than pink and blue dominated the area. Couple line of baby cot with various design entered Sunggyu and Woohyun retina. All of them were cute and beautiful. They cannot make their decision now.

 

“Honey, how about this one?” Sunggyu called out his wife name when his eyes caught one design. Hearing his name being called, Woohyun tilted his head to the source. He saw his husband was standing beside a baby cot, he walked to him.

 

Simple but cute. The design and decoration were not too over and the most important one, the safety was secured. Both side of the bed rail can be adjust to our desired and the nest part was it can be joined together to the bed. For this moment he agreed with Sunggyu but he still want to survey other design.

 

But…

 

“We share the same view. If I, I would choose this design because it is more convenience. Baby can sleep together with the parent because the bed rail can be adjusted or detached.”

 

Woohyun huffed in annoyence. His blood boiled in anger. Had anyone asked her opinion? No right! Why she was such a busybody.

 

He sent his husband a sharp glance and hopefull Sunggyu got his hidden massage. But luck was not on his side today, Woohyun felt like crying when he saw his husband was engaged in a conversation with the girl. They were exchanging information and opinion about the previous issue.

 

 

 

“Hubby,” Woohyun called out his husband name in a soft voice.

 

“Yes honey.”

 

“Why are you not discuss with me?” Woohyun’s eyes started to look glossy. Sunggyu turned panic in a sudden when his wife almost crying. What was really happening here?

 

“What do you mean, honey?” Sunggyu asked nicely avoid to make the situation worsen. Woohyun jutted his bottom lip to where the salesgirl was standing, Sunggyu followed the direction.

 

Once Sunggyu got the meaning, a chuckle slipped from his mouth. His cute was jealous.

 

“Are you jealous?” He guessed, half whispered with his fingers caressing Woohyun’s soft cheek. Since Woohyun pregnant, Sunggyu found that his wife looked more beautiful.

 

“Of course. Since we entered this store, she flirt with you. Obviously she can see with whom you are coming with. If only she thought you randomly picked a pregnant person to but him pr her baby needs.” Woohyun complaint. He hugged his husband and hid his face into his husband chest. Let the girl saw them, Woohyun wanted to show where Sunggyu belong to.

 

Sunggyu wrapped his arms around his wife waist. He let themselves drawn into each other feeling for a moment before he retracted a bit to place a kiss on top of Woohyun’s crown. Not too much, but Sunggyu can feel someone was drilling a hole on his back. But he did not care much, the person he was hugging now was his own wedded wife, not any other person. He had his own right to kiss or to hug his wife. Who was she to object.

 

“Ignore her honey. She is not my cup of tea.” Sunggyu tried to cheer up Woohyun.

 

“But she is more beautiful than me. Look at her body, y and curvy. While me,” Woohyun’s voice became slower at the end. His confidence lowered. “I am fat, not presentable anymore.”

 

No! It was not right!

 

Sunggyu shook his head to deny his wife statement. His hand gripped onto Woohyun’s shoulder and brought their eyes at the same level. Their orbs were locked and sending each other signal and masseges.

 

“Listen to me honey. Not even once my love for you decrease. In fact, it getting stronger every second I am with you. Even your physical now does not effect my love for you. You are the best thig ever happen in my life, honey. I love you with all my heart and soul.”

 

“Erm, sorry to interrupt but can we proceed? I have other customer to attend.” The salesgirl said with annoyed face. Both of her arms rested against her chest while her foot tapped impatiently.

 

Sunggyu loosen the hug but still remained his arm on Woohyun’s waist. Woohyun could not hide his victory when he saw the look on the salesgirl. He felt in heaven right now with Sunggyu holding him close like he made from a piece of expensive glass.

 

“Respect my wife.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

 

---

 

Sunggyu laughs to himself when he suddenly remembered the moment Woohyun jealous over him and the salesgirl. Luckily no fight happen between them, if not another problem is created. Woohyun side eyes his husband because Sunggyu still laughing beside him.

 

“Why hubby is laughing?”

 

“No, I just remembered you were jealous with the salesgirl when we were buying baby needs. I did not thought you will act like that.”

 

Instantly, his mind plays the scene where the incident happen. The incident makes Woohyun to pout at his husband. He still can remember vividly how the girl shamelessly flirting with his husband while he is just beside Sunggyu. How he wishes he can slap that girl but his mind still sane.

 

“Of course I will react like that. Tell me, which wife is okay if other woman is seducing their husband. I just want to kill the girl with my own hand.”

 

“You love me?”

 

“Of course I am. If not, I am not here as your wife.”

 

Then silence engulfs them until suddenly Woohyun experiences an acute pain all over his waist makes him unintentionally gripped harder onto Sunggyu’s arm. A yelp escapes from Sunggyu mouth when his arm is suddenly clenched by Woohyun. Panic start to take over his system. Is it the time now?

 

Sunggyu’s hand moves to Woohyun’s waist to massage the vein with hope the pain will reduced. But then Sunggyu realizes something. The veins there are not the same as before. They are more tensed and hard, almost like they are clenching and flexing. But few minutes after that, Woohyun breathe is back to normal. His frown has subsided.

 

“Why you don’t tell me earlier?” Sunggyu’s voice hinted with panic and anxious. But he still control his voice, afraid if Woohyun thinks he is angry even the reality he is angry.

 

Woohyun tries to calm his breathe first before he opens his mouth. “I thought you will be going to the office this morning, that is why I did not tell you. Moreover, last night it was still bearable just it became stronger since this morning.”

 

That is the reason? Sunggyu shut his eyes after he hears the reason, trying to calm himself from getting angry at Woohyun. “Even if I did honey, you still need to tell me. You are my first priority darling. Now tell me the interval between each your contraction?”

 

What has been said by Sunggyu just now is true. Woohyun knowe he is wrong because keeping this from his husband. He just don’t want to panic his husband. “I am sorry.”

 

Sunggyu shrugs at his wife and tell him he is not angry. He just wants the best for him.

 

Woohyun tries to remember the interval of his contraction since last night. As far he remembers, including this, he has been experiencing two strong contraction. Last night was only minor uncomformtable pain, but was not strong like this morning and now. And if he counts, the interval between the first and this one is 55 minutes.

 

“This is the second one, the gap is 55 minutes.”

 

Sunggyu nods. Thanks God he already takes his leave starting from today. What if he go to office this morning, who will help Woohyun here? Poor his wife needs to face the pain alone.

 

“I prepare the bag first.” Sunggyu excuses himself and helps Woohyun to sit against the bed while he is preparing the hospital bag. Last week he already prepared baby Kim’s bag but he has not prepare Woohyun’s yet.

 

As soon as he finishes preparing, Sunggyu returns back to Woohyun’s side. With a big pleasure Woohyun welcomes Sunggyu and straight away leans his back against his husband firm chest. The contraction is gradually fading but it does not it has ended. Baby Kim has been circling around inside his womb numerous time since this morning. Looks like baby Kim is trying to find his way out. Woohyun can feel his skin is tightening and hard, not like before.

 

Sunggyu drifted his attention to his wife. His hand reaches out to rearrange back Woohyun’s dishevel bangs and wipes off the sweats on his forehead. “Feel free to hold me if another contraction strike. You may clench me harder if that can help you to ease the pain. I am here with you honey.”

 

 

Woohyun is now in active labor. The gap between the latest contraction with the last one has been decreased to 30 minutes. Each time the contraction comes, the pain become more unbearable. Woohyun feels like his body is being ripped into two. His stomach now becomes harder and even hurt with a slight movement. Seems like baby Kim is very eager to come out to meet both Sunggyu and Woohyun.

 

“It hurts so much, Gyu.” Woohyun is trying hard to hold back his tears while fighting with the endless pain. His hand never leave Sunggyu. His husband is his strength now. Sunggyu never left his side since at first. He is the one who wipes his tears and sweats, he is also the one who endure the pain together with him. Woohyun is really thankful for having Sunggyu as his husband.

 

“Hubby, can you help walking around this room? Doctor highly encourage to walk during near to delivery time to ease the delivering process later.”

 

Sunggyu does not need to be told twice. Carefully he put his arm on Woohyun’s waist and helps him to get out from the bed. Sunggyu waits patiently for Woohyun to stand on his own feet because he understand his wife. Because of the belly position has been dropping much, Woohyun’s pace become limited with his own belly and the pain.

 

Step by step Woohyun walk with Sunggyu beside him. Not even once Sunggyu complain he is hurt because Woohyun is constantly clenching every parts of his body. He understand very well, his wife is facing very much stronger pain compared to him. Like right now, Sunggyu has to grit his teeth to suppress his own pain when Woohyun suddenly squeezed forearm a bit hard.

 

“Nghhhh!” The sobbing becomes louder.

 

The clock hanging on the wall shows it has been 20 minutes since the last contraction. Sunggyu thinks they should going to hospital right now before Woohyun’s water break which that will cause them major chaos.

 

“Let’s get you to the hospital now. I’m afraid your water will break any sooner.” Woohyun does not argue with Sunggyu. His husband is right after all. Woohyun sit on the sofa while waiting for Sunggyu to collect all they needed during his stay at the hospital later. After he grab the car key, Sunggyu come back to Woohyun and helps him to stand up.

 

“Can you walk?”

 

“Yes but very slow.”

 

“It’s okay, I will help you.”

 

 

---

 

As soon as they reach the hospital, Woohyun’s water finally broke right after Sunggyu pulls the hand-break in front of the emergency. Thank Goodness they already arrived, Sunggyu cannot imagine how he will react if the water break while they still on the way. Sunggyu moves a bit to give room for the nurse to move Woohyun to the stretcher and send to waiting room.

 

The doctor who is checking on Woohyun informs them that Woohyun just only at 6 cm. He needs to wait for another few minutes or hours depend on his progress to reach 10 cm, then he will be moved to labor room. For this moment, the doctor left Woohyun with a assigned nurse while he is assisting other patient in the labor room.

 

“Everything is going to be fine my dear. Soon enough you will be holding your baby in your arms. Just hold there a little, okay.” The nurse continuously coaxing Woohyun when she see the painful face of Woohyun since he is transferred here. Before she left the couple, she does one last check on the IV bag and make sure her patient is in good condition.

 

“Hubby, if I cannot make it, can you promise me? Please raise our baby with loves and cares, never left baby Kim alone.” Woohyun hardly saying that in between his heavy sobs.

 

Upon hearing his wife ridiculous will, Sunggyu shakes his head in disagreement. “What are you talking about? I believe you can do it, darling. I promise, both of us will raise baby Kim together. I trust you, Woo.” To be honest Sunggyu himself is afraid because he cannot predict what might be happen next. He knows the percentage is 50-50, but he is not ready to lose Woohyun and raise their baby alone. Call him selfish, but he really need Woohyun by his side.

 

“We cannot predict the future, hubby.”

 

“But-“

 

“Please choose our baby if anything happen. Don’t be selfish and please give our baby chance to see the world. I have been living for 25 years while baby Kim just about to start.”

 

Sunggyu become more restless with this stupid conversation. “Honey, please stop it. I don’t like it at all. Please trust me that both of you will be safe. I believe that, Woo.”

 

For a while their eyes are locked with each other. Woohyun can see the fear in Sunggyu as much as him. Now he understand his husband feeling, it is not only him who feel scare but Sunggyu also. Woohyun realizes that he is actually not ready to be apart from his little family. How much Sunggyu needs him, that is equal with him.

 

Soon after their moment is interrupted with the previous nurse. She come to check on Woohyun before he is entering labor room.

 

“Alright, everything is good. Your opening also has reached 10 cm and I guess you are now ready to deliver.”

 

 

---

 

The strong smell of anaesthetic rushing invading Sunggyu and Woohyun nostrils. When the doctor moves him into the labor room, Woohyun is already attacked with nervous. Right when he is laying on the bed, a sheen of cold sweats starts to hug his skin. But all his nervousness soon vanish when he feel someone is holding his hand and leave a kiss against the skin. Woohyun could not stop his lips from forming a smile after he turns his face to his right and find his husband is smiling at him and holding tight onto his hand.

 

“You already reached 10 cm. We will wait for the next contraction to push. And please push only during the contraction, if not you might tear your bottom.” The doctor remind him a few words before they start.

 

“Are you ready?” Woohyun only nods.

 

“We will wait for the next contraction.”

 

Not long after that, a wave of contraction strikes. Woohyun pushes with all his might after the doctor asks him to push. His right hand squeezing his husband hand very hard even he knows he is hurting him but Woohyun ignores the fact. Moans and cries are filling the room. Woohyun’s knuckles are turning white as he is gripping tightly on the bed railing while pushing. Then, after several minutes, the contraction has ended. Woohyun inhales a great amount of oxygen before he leans back against the elevated bed.

 

“You are doing great honey. I am proud of you.” Sunggyu whispers some courage words to Woohyun while his hand is wiping the sweats forming against his wife forehead. He then leaves a loving kiss against it as a reward for Woohyun.

 

“Okay now, push!”

 

“Nggghhhh!” Woohyun grits his teeth and push harder when the contraction come again. He can feel his baby is going down his birth canal. And because of the movement also, Woohyun feels that baby Kim almost breaks his body into two.

 

“And stop!” Together with that, Woohyun stops pushing and take a short break while waiting for the next contraction. His body is really hurt right now, even he is too tired to keep his eyes open. Woohyun’s face winces in pain when he feels the doctor is touching his bottom. That area is still burning and extra sensitive to Woohyun.

 

Sunggyu could not stop his tears from coming out of his eyes when he witness how Woohyun is struggling to give birth to their baby. He is putting his own life on the line just to make sure their baby is going too see the world for the first time. There is nothing much that he can do other than staying by his side and keeps on supporting him. Sunggyu drops a long kiss on the back of Woohyun’s hand to express his gratitude and support.

 

“Another one Woohyun-shi. Give me a big push for the head..”

 

“1,2,3, push!”

 

“Nngghhhh!” Tears and sweats become one. Everytime Sunggyu wipes them, quickly it replaces with a new set. Woohyun inhales a large amount of oxygen before he gives out a long push until his ring is feels like burning as the sign that his baby head is almost out.

 

“Okay, now relax. Take a deep breathe and please push again.”

 

Woohyun does like what he has been told by the doctor but this time it is more stronger until Sunggyu has to bite his own lower lip when Woohyun is clenching is hand vey hard. But Sunggyu does not care because the pain he experienced just now is nothing to be compared with what Woohyun is having right now. He lovingly caressing his wife damp dark locks to keep on motivating him.

 

“Come on darling, I can finally see a glimpse of his head. Can you push more, Woo?”

 

“The head is almost out. Would you like to feel it.” The doctor asks Woohyun and immediately he nods at the offer. The doctor takes Woohyun’s hand and bring it closer to his entrance and brushes his fingers against something sticky and hairy. One big smile finally appears on Woohyun face again after he knows that is his baby head. After he touched the head, Woohyun feels like recharged and cannot wait to push again.

 

“Hubby, baby Kim is coming sooner to us.” Woohyun tilts his head to face Sunggyu with his teary eyes. His eyes hold a lot of unspoken emotion that is immediately understand by Sunggyu.

 

“Yes, I know darling. I know you can do this. Now, please be a good bounand push again when the contraction come, will you? Don’t worry, I’ll always be here with you, honey.” Sunggyu seal his words with a chaste kiss against his wife pale lips.

 

But their romantic moment does not last long as another wave of contraction is coming. It seems like baby Kim is disapproving his/her parent lovely moment. One heavy moan slips from Woohyun lips while his hand clumsily trying to reach for his husband for a grip. Series of moan continue to slip off from Woohyun lips while he is pushing.

 

“Once again Woohyun-shi, give me one big push and the shoulder is out.” Finally the most difficult part is here. Woohyun gulps down his own saliva at the doctor command. If the head is already ripping his body, how about the shoulder? That must be double pain than the head.

 

“Woohyun-shi?” The doctor taps Woohyun’s calf when he is not seeing Woohyun is pushing.

 

Sunggyu whispers to Woohyun some words to boost his confidence and which it helps Woohyun a lot. He believes into his husband and he is willing to end this then he can finally has his baby in his arms.

 

“Are you ready, Woohyun-shi?” The doctor already positions his hands to pull the baby out once the the shoulder is passed. He gives some time to Woohyun to relax before he continue again. As a doctor, he knows this is the hardest part during delivery. The opening will become wider for the shoulder. That is why he is already in position to pull the shoulder to help the mother to be in less pain.

 

“Come on honey. It’s okay if you want to pull my hair or what so ever. I am willing to share the pain together.”

 

“Come on Woohyun-shi, your baby cannot wait any longer to meet you and your husband. Please push harder on the next contraction.”

 

“1,2,3, push!”

 

“Nggghhhhhh..Argghhh!” / “Uwekkk! Uwekkk!”

 

Together with Woohyun’s last moan, a beautiful cry of an infant is echoing inside the labor room. Right after he feels his baby body slips off from his body, Woohyun could not anymore hold himself. He let his body touches the pillow on his back and rested his eyes with tears flowing out from them. Sunggyu is hugging his wife closer to him and together crying with him.

 

“Thank you so much, Woo! Thank you!” Endless thank you is given by Sunggyu to Woohyun. He cannot stop peppering his wife face with kisses. Woohyun could only smile weakly to see his husband face is full of tears and snots.

 

“Congratulation, it’s a boy!” The still red infant who is still crying his lungs out is placed on his mother chest. Woohyun is fighting against his weak body just to hug his baby and kiss him. With a bit help from Sunggyu, Woohyun can properly hold his baby for the first time in his arm together with his husband hugging them both into his warmth.

 

Sunggyu is given the chance to cut his baby umbilical cord after the afterbirth is delivered. After the delivery process has finished, the nurse has to take back the newborn for standard check up and cleaning before he is given back to the mother. Again, Sunggyu kisses his wife forehead long and indirectly makes Woohyun to lean at the kiss. He then moves to kiss Woohyun’s each eyes and whispers another thanks before he leave the labor room to give the doctor time to check on Woohyun and clean him.

 

“Thank you honey. I love you so much.”

 

 

---

 

Sunggyu and Woohyun quickly drifted their attention to the door and revealing a nurse pushing a bassinet with a blue bundle who is coming towards them. Carefully she takes the baby into her arms before she passes the cute little baby boy to his mother awaiting arms. Right after the newborn rests peacefully into his arms, again Woohyun’s happy tears are coming. Sunggyu who is watching the scene silently also shedding some tears along with his wife. He moves closer to Woohyun to get a better view of his son.

 

“Would you like to hold him, Gyu?” Woohyun asks in a low voice afraid he might disturbing his son. Once he receives the conformation from Sunggyu, Woohyun positions the newborn in his arms to be received by Sunggyu. Once he is settled into his father arms, Sunggyu leans forward and kiss the little forehead long, inhaling the special aroma of newborn.

 

Woohyun leans back against the bedhead and enjoying the view of his husband holding their son. He can see clearly the fatherly aura emits from Sunggyi when he hold baby Kim and slightly bounces him when he is feeling disturbed. Finally their nine months waiting is worthily paid off. Baby Kim is born at 11.06 am, on July 27th 2017 with weight 2.7 kg without any complications or medical problems.

 

“Woohyun-shi, you can feeding your baby. I will help you.” The nurse steps closer to Woohyun.

 

The bed is elevated a bit to provide the best position for Woohyun while he feeding later. The nurse helps Woohyun to correct his sitting position before she transfers the hungry baby into his mother arms for his first meal after being born. With the help from the nurse, Woohyun positioned his son mouth near to his and wait for him to reach for it. Naturally, his lips find his source of food and eagerly his mother milk to fill his empty stomach.

 

“You can call me if you need anything. Once again, congratulation to both of you for being a parent.” The nurse then bow to the Kims before she takes her leave and let the couple to be immersed in their own thought and feelings.

 

Sunggyu sit beside Woohyun on the bed with his right hand is leaning on the bedhead. His body is partially leaning down to his wife to see more closer their newborn. Excited to see him, Sunggyu gives his little finger to him and almost squealing when his son is wrapping his little fingers around his. Woohyun who is seeing the scene only smiling at his husband cute reaction.

 

“He is so cute!” Sunggyu half whispering afraid he may disturb baby Kim meal time. Woohyun just nods at his husband and instantly agree with him. His other free hand is tracing his son’s chubby cheek and plants a kiss on his forehead.

 

“Have you decide a name for him?” Woohyuns asks without been lifting his eyes from baby Kim.

 

“Sunghyun. Kim Sunghyun.”

 

Woohyun turns to his husband side and smiles. “I love that name. Kim Sunghyun.”

 

Welcome to the world, Kim Sunghyun. Daddy and Mommy love you so much.