Prologue

Monochrome Potraits

It's him.

I see him again.

But, just like any other rare chances I stumple upon him, he's so fast to disappear. I wonder if he knows how much I crave his sight. Maybe that's the reason he doesn't linger around me. Avoiding me.

Maybe he does that to make me want him even more. You know what they say about thing's that you can't get, you become crazier about that.

Maybe he knows my crush. And decide that being near me is too risky. Just in case I decide to confess to him. God, please don't make me do that. I bet he doesn't want the number of his fans increase anymore.

Or maybe, he doesn't know nor care about me.

Who am I, really? Just one of his classmates that never say a word to him or borrow him an eraser.

I facepalm myself and hope that nobody sees me making a dreamy face. Why does my mind always wander whenever I think about him? Lucky I'm in a library. Nobody ever bothers to look at anyone. Everyone is in a very horrible date with their laptop or library books.

Trying to catch another glimpse of him, I stand up and walk away from my reading table. He was in the Literature bookshelf section, the one that is filled with pillow-thick old proses and alien language which no one ever reads. I stop at the other side of the bookshelf. From the gap between the books, I see something that makes my heart pumping quicker.

Black t-shirt.

Worn just the same like any other people in the world. But, somehow, worn by him, it looks ten times cooler. Maybe it's the way he carries himself. Or the stomach abs.

It's hard to see from the small slits between books, but I am grateful for it.

I need to go now, before he realize someone is ing on him from behind the bookshelf. And, more importantly, seeing him is enough to fuel me for a day. I can feel myself smiling already and the butterfly in my stomach flutters. Such a very, very chronic crush.

I start to walk away.

clack clack

Oh my god, I hope my heels are not making much sound as I think. I am contemplating on banning heels from my shoe cupboard completely when I hear him talking.

"Where are you going?"

My eyes widened. For a second I think he is talking to me. But it's impossible! He didn't see me. He might be talking to his friend or something. It can't possibly be--"

"Hwang Miran-ssi."

Dammit.