Manager Bae

Manager Bae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is going to be a fic about popular idol/actress Seulgi and her wife Manager Bae, who is super protective of her and wants to keep her “safe” from um threats lol. So yeah crazy/jealous/protective Bae and idol Seulgi that’s all you need to really know. Not sure how many chapters yet. Please enjoy.

 

Idol and actress, Kang Seulgi is one of the most beloved and popular artists in South Korea, as well as loved on an international level. She is multi talented in all musical, and artistic forms. That have kept her in the top for many years, and she is possibly the kindest idol anyone could meet. She never hesitates to say hello to a fan, and always greets people warmly. Everyone knows who, Kang Seulgi is. They also know the idol’s wife, Joohyun. Why do you ask? It’s because, Bae Joohyun, is a cut throat manager who always gets the best deals possible for her wife. She is relentless, persistent, determined, and everything one needs in a manager.

 

She is also a jealous, overprotective, spouse who makes sure she is there for any event, Seulgi has. She can trust no one else with the care, and handling of both her wife and career. Some people are just also scared of her. When you see Bae heading your way, you get the hell out of her way, and that’s it. Many people have wondered how it is that Seulgi is married to such a scary wife. Sure, the woman is drop dead gorgeous with her own stunning visuals. To the point she could have also been an idol. They just don’t understand the relationship.

 

That is also because they don’t get to see the Joohyun that Seulgi knows. The one who always takes care of her. The woman who has been by her side since she was a teenager. The woman who has such a childish, playful side that very few people get to see. They don’t see the Joohyun who loves her with all her heart. They just see Manager Bae, and that part of her scares people. After all, you don’t get Seulgi without Joohyun too. They are a two for one deal.

 

Seulgi is currently supposed to be on her way to a joint photoshoot with some beautiful actress. Joohyun made sure to end that before it could happen. She didn’t even bother to look up the name. She just politely told them, Seulgi would not be apart of the shoot. The raven-haired manager spent much of the time on the phone. She doesn’t sleep on deals, if there is anything remotely in the best interest of her wife. She is already a part of it, or at the very least she knows about it. The brunette, monolid woman has been trying to get her attention for the last half hour. There are times when Joohyun is immersed in her Manager role, such as now.

 

“Hey, Hyunnie.” She begins.

 

“Are you being serious?” Joohyun has her professional voice on. “My wife can make more money doing one commercial than your weak offer.”

 

Seulgi does appreciate all that Joohyun does for her. She makes sure to get her the best possible deals. Whether it’s with the label, movie scripts, or otherwise. She is lucky to have a wife who loves her this much, and does so much for her on both a personal, and professional level.

 

“Hyun?” She nudges her.

 

“Oh, you bet your we don’t want this deal. Thanks for wasting our time, goodbye.” Joohyun ends the call. Then she looks to her wife who has been waiting patiently for her to notice.

 

“I’m sorry, sweetie. I was trying to get you out of that other schedule.” The raven frowns in distaste. She doesn’t even want to talk about the other schedule. Mostly because Joohyun can’t stand it when people still try to make her work with other women. Everyone knows she and Seulgi are married. That doesn’t mean people still don’t ship her with other idols, or actresses.

 

“You’re still upset about that?” Seulgi teases with a smile.

 

Joohyun doesn’t return the smile. Seulgi knows how much she gets jealous over the very idea of her sharing the same breathing space with another woman. It’s why for the most part Seulgi doesn’t take the jobs that pair her with other idols, and actresses.

 

“She likes you.” The raven frowns with distaste. The person Seulgi was going to work with, Joohyun is very positive that she wants her wife. If there are any potential threats to Seulgi, or their marriage, Joohyun makes sure to take care of it. She isn’t an amazing manager, and wife for no reason.

 

“You think everyone likes me.”

 

“That’s because…” Joohyun stops to answer her once again ringing phone. “Hold, on baby.” She squeezes her hand and answers the call. Seulgi turns her attention outside of the van. She wishes she was able to drive her own car, but on usually busy schedule days like this. She and Joohyun are usually driven around by a driver. Seulgi makes a hand signal to their driver, and he stops the car.

 

The idol jumps out of the car, and walks off. The raven notices moments after. She ends the call, and gets out too. Seulgi seemed a bit upset to her all day.

 

“Honey, wait. Where are you going?”

 

“I’m going to take a walk, maybe get some tea.”

 

“No!” Joohyun grabs her suddenly. “You know you can’t just go walking around in broad daylight. You have some crazy fans, baby.” She says seriously, and looks around as if checking the perimeter for any suspicious people. Seulgi knows she’s not wrong. There has definitely been scary moments. Fans finding their way backstage to some of her concerts, and appearing in her dressing room. She and Joohyun also had to move because their main residence was discovered. Her wife joked they would have a house in almost every district of South Korea at this rate.

 

“I know. I married one.” The brunette, idol teases, and tries to kiss her. Joohyun dodges the kiss, and shoves her.

 

“I’m not a crazy fan. You’re the one that couldn’t stop talking about how beautiful I was when we first met.”

 

Seulgi smiles, with red cheeks. That’s a story her wife will never let her live down. It is true that the monolid woman was blown away by the gorgeous girl from Daegu. They met so many years ago as teens, and when Seulgi expressed that she wanted to be an idol. Joohyun promised she would do all she could to support her. Seulgi, had no idea she meant she would one day become her manager. In Joohyun’s own words at the time, “No one will take care of you as I will". She was right in the sense that no one else would go above and beyond in the way her wife did, and still does for her.

 

“You’re wrong, Hyunnie. I still think you’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen.”

 

“Okay, smooth talker.” Joohyun kisses her lips then. “Come on, at least put o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter