It Doesn't Matter

It Doesn't Matter

You and Joon Young had met in college about an year ago and were taking the same classes. You had lunch together almost everyday and always sat together in class,

He liked to annoy you in class by stealing your pencils or by writing silly stuff in your notebooks but you didn't mind, you actually liked that he kept trying to get your attention.

You got used to this routine as the semester passed by, spending a lot of time with him.

Now the semester was ending and you were always thinking about what would happen the next semester. Would you be able to keep you daily routine with Joon Young or would you have a different schedule?

The day before the last of the semester, you two were going to class chatting with some of your friends and he said that he was planning to skip the next day since he had splept very little because of a report. You knew he could be lazy sometimes, leaving things to do until the very end and were used to him skipping the first class of the day to sleep a bit more somestimes,. But in that day you felt your heart drop when he said that. It was going to be the last day of the semester so you'd probably have lunch together for the last time in months.

You were so irritated that when he tried to mess with you in class you completely ignored him. After some time trying, he stopped without understanding what was wrong with you, but he didn't give it too much importance.
When the class was over you quietly said goodbye to your friends and went home alone. On your way you realised how much his words had affected you, but maybe your reaction was a bit over the top.

Already at home you couldn't really focus on anything from school so you just went to see some funny videos and the new music videos you had been waiting to see.
Time passed by and before you knew it, it was almost midnight and you didn't feel like going to bed, you felt awful for the way you ignored Joon Young in class so you decided to text him, "I'm sorry I acted so strange in class. Goodnight".
You were kind of hoping he wouldn't text back and you got that right, but your heart skipped a beat when your phone rang. It was him. You weren't sure if you should take the call, but you couldn't just ignore him after apologizing for doing exactly that earlier.

"Hey, [Y/N] is everything alright? If you don't want to talk it's fine but you can tell me what happened for you to turn so cold all of a sudden at school."
"Hi Joon Young, thanks but don't worry, nothing important happened."
"Then that means something did happen. Was it something I did?" He started to sound a bit worried.
"I told you, don't worry about it. I was just beeing silly, it doesn't matter." You tried to answer in a playful tone, as much as possible, but he wasn't letting it go that easily.
"Please, [Y/N] just tell me if I did anything to leave you like that because sometimes I can say things that may be misinterpreted and I don't like seeing you like that." You could tell he was starting to get agitated.
Your heart started racing and you didn't know how to get away from this so you decided to just tell him. "I just got upset when you said you weren't going to school tomorrow. It's the last day of the semester and I was kind of hoping to have lunch like we always do... But don't worry, it's fine." 
The brief moment it took for him to react felt like an eternity to you. Was he going to be mad at you? To your surprise, he sighed of relieve and let out a small chuckle. "If that's all, you could've told me. I really thought I did something really bad because it's not normal for you to get worked up like that."
You weren't quite sure of how you felt about his reaction. Did he get that you had feelings for him or was he too much of an airhead for that?
"Don't worry [Y/N], I'll go and have lunch with you, but I'm not coming to morning class, ok?"
"You don't have to, it's fine really. It was just a stupid thing." Your heart kept beating faster and faster, hoping that he would just let this go.
"Stupid? I don't think so... I think it's kind of cute." He said before laughing.
That was it for you, you couldn't keep a conversation in the state of nerves you were in.
"I have to go, unlike you I want to go to morning class, goodnight." The moment he answered with "Goodnight, see you tomorrow" you hung up.

You couldn't believe what just happened. Was he just messing with you like always when he said that it was cute that you got angry at him? You tried to go to sleep, but you ended up thinking about him and this whole situation for most of the night.

The next day you went to class and as expected Joon Young was nowhere to be seen. As the morning ended you starting getting more and more nervous thinking if he was going to show up for lunch.
Then you got a text "I'm waiting by the cafeteria's door". So he really did come like he said last night. Now how the hell were you suppose to face him? Were you going to pretend that nothing happened? That seemed like a good enough plan, you just needed him to do the same.
When you got to the cafeteria and he saw you, he came to you with his usual smile and you just went to lunch like in any other day.
The afternoon passed like last night's conversation hadn't existed and he spent the class trying to rile you up like usual.

Usually you'd go together with him to the subway, but he stayed in a different station, one that has closer than yours.
But not today. When you slowed down expecting to say goodbye to him at his stop, he kept walking.
"Aren't you going home?" You asked.
"I am, but there's somewhere I have to go first."
You didn't think much about it and kept walking by his side talking to him about what he'd missed in morning class.

When you two got to your station, you slightly groaned at the huge amount of people entering "It's always the same at this time, it's so crowded".
He just laughed and grabbed your hand "Well I wouldn't want to lose you in the crowd".
You could feel you cheeks burning, by now you should be as red as a tomato. What was he doing?
"So, where are you going, anyway?" You asked trying to think of something other than his hand holding yours.
"Doesn't matter" was all you got as an answer.

You found a spot with not too many people to wait for the subway, his hand still holding yours. He hadn't said anything else and appeared to be completely relaxed, as if that situation was completely normal.
Suddently he changed his position, grabbed your other hand too and pulled you so you were facing him and he was looking particulary serious.
"What was that for?!" You asked completely confused about this whole thing.
"There's a guy looking this way and
 I don't like the way he's staring at you, this way he'll just see my amazing back" he answered as he winked.
You were really close to him and didn't know what to do, you started getting a bit uncomfortable and he noticed.
"Want me to let go?" you couldn't quite read his expression.
"Not really..." you almost whispered averting his gaze.
"Good" he said has he pulled you closer embracing you "I didn't want to let you go anyway."
You could feel his heartbeat as you leaned on his chest and you weren't sure if he could feel yours but you sure hoped he didn't because it looked like you had just ran a mile. His heartbeat was a bit faster than what you expected by looking at him but nothing that could compare to yours.

From the station's speaker came a voice informing everyone they were experiencing some problems and that there may be some delays. "Great" you said to yourself as you bumped your head slightly on Joon Young's chest. You really liked being held by Joon Young but your mind was running wild trying to process the whole situation you were in.

"Looks like you're not running from me so soon" he said amused by your reaction and the moment you looked at him to protest he kissed you.
When you lips met, your mind went completely blank. Were you dreamimg? Was this really happening? What the hell was he doing?!
When he let go, he looked at you with a smile you had never seen before. "Aren't you going to say anything?" he asked after a bit.
"Not really" you smiled back as you wrapped your hands arround his neck and kissed him back.
"I'm sorry it took me so long to do something like this. I guess I was afraid you didn't like me back, but yesterday when you told me you got angry by something so simple like me not being with you today I knew I had to do something to find how you felt about me. This seemed like a good enough plan to see how you'd react."
"Well, what were you expecting?" You asked
"I guess a small part of me was preparing for a slap." You laughed at his answer as you leaned against his chest again.
"Was someone really staring at me?" 
"It doesn't matter". He said while running his fingers through your hair. "So I guess there's one thing I still need to ask you, you know, just to be sure. [Y/N] will you be my girlfriend?"
"What do you think?" You chuckled before kissing him again. "Maybe I should've got angry at you sooner"
"Yeah, probably" he said as the subway arrived, but instead of saying goodbye to you or going in, he just pulled you from there to the station's exit.
"Where are we going?" You asked confused.
"Let's just go for a walk in the park, I don't feel like letting go of you just yet. We can start planning what to do together in the holidays and where we want to go. It's important for me to know."
"And why is that?"
"I need to think of ways to annoy you outside school, maybe I'll get an idea if I know what we're doing." He said with a smirk.
"Alright, I'll be waiting to be impressed by your new techniques."
You both laughed as you exited the station holding hands.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone. 
I really hope you liked the story. It's my first time writing something like this, so please tell me what you think.
Thanks for reading :)