In My Heart 8

In My Heart

After hanging up Kyungsoo's call, Chanyeol placed the phone back in Baekhyuns pocket and continued dragging him to his bike. On reaching the bike, Chanyeol looked at a totally drunk Baekhyun and mumbled
" God ,This was not a good idea "

Driving a disoriented Baekhyun in a bike kind of scared Chanyeol

He then supported himself over his bike and held Baekhyun close to him
Baekhyun just gazed at Chanyeol like an innocent puppy.

Chanyeol them grabbed both cheeks of Baekhyun to get his attention and began talking
" Baekhyunaaa..."
Baekhyun looked up from his daze to chanyeol at the call of his name.
" I'm gonna take you home now ok!!.
But promise me you will hold on to me tight throughout the ride. I don't want you slipping from my bike and breaking a few bones now, ok???"

Baekhyun looked at him puzzled but nodded nonetheless.

Chanyeol took a deep breath, let go of Baekhyun and climbed on his bike.

Baekhyun also did that clumsily and latched himself into chanyeol like a baby koala.
" Ready??"
Chanyeol asked
Baekhyun simply nodded

And soon they started their rise back home.

A little distance later, Baekhyun began humming a tune which Chanyeol caught on real quickly.
Even though he didn't know that tune, Chanyeol found himself relaxing to it.

After the song was over, Baekhyun said
"  My omma used to sing this to me when I was young."

Chanyeol just continued the ride but his entire attention was now on the little human behind him.
" Is that so??"
He said

"Mmmmm" Baekhyun mumbled

"I was a really stubborn child. I refused to sleep till she sang me the lullabuy back then"
He chuckled

"I wonder what she is doing now Yeolla??"

Chanyeol could feel the longing and sadness in his voice and all he wanted was to hug him and if possible bring his mother back to Baekhyun if that made him happy.

"I miss them Chanyeol, very much"

And at this Baekhyuns voice cracked and little sobs were heard. The hands around Chanyeols torso tightened as if Baekhyun was being consoled by the contact.

The rest of the ride was silent except the small sniffles that left Baekhyuns body.

On reaching Baekhyuns home, Chanyeol gradually removed Baekhyuns hand over him and got out of the bike. Chanyeol looked at the now sleeping Baekhyun on his bike.

Seeing Baekhyun was in no shape to walk back, Chanyeol carried Baekhyun to the door.

Fortunately, Kyungsoo was there waiting for them. He opened the door for them with the spare key he had  and was surprised by the sight of Baekhyun clinging on to Chanyeol like his life depended on it.

He showed Chanyeol Baekhyuns room so that he could drop Baekhyun there cause by the looks of it, it didn't seem like Baekhyun was capable of doing it himself.

Chanyeol slowly carried Baekhyun to his room, slightly sweating under the sharp gaze of Kyungsoo. He placed Baekhyun on his bed and straightened up as his back was hurting a little.

When the warmth which made him feel safe disappeared, Baekhyun began whimpering and slowly came out of his slumber. Blinking his eyes he looked around.

Chanyeol found this so adorable that he bent down and kissed Baekhyun on his cheeks and said
" Its ok,  Im here. Go back to sleep"

" Don't go, plzzz" Baekhyun mumbled leaning into the kiss

"I won't" Chanyeol got on the bed beside Baekhyun and sat down reading his body over the head board

Like he was waiting for it, Baekhyun crawled near and rested his head over Chanyeols lap and hugged his thighs.
And soon took off to dreamland . Chanyeol was suprised but couldn't resist the small smile blossoming on his lips. His hands slowly moved towards Baekhyuns hair and caressed it gently, careful not to wake the sleeping person on his lap.

Kyungsoo was waiting for Chanyeol downstairs, but even after a good long 20 mins Chanyeol was nowhere to be seen.
So he went upstairs and opened the door slightly to peek into Baekhyuns room and was surprised yet pleased at the same time to see Baekhyun sleeping on Chanyeols lap with Chanyeol caressing him. So he decided not to disturb them and slowly went back downstairs and left the house to go to his own, making sure to leave the key at a noticeable place, in case Chanyeol was to leave early.

Back upstairs, around half an hour passed and Chanyeol decided it was time to leave. He tried to move Baekhyuns head off his lap as subtly as possible but Baekhyun woke up startled and sat up.

Chanyeol was frozen on his spot and watched Baekhyun. Baekhyun seemed as confused as he looked. Sleepily he looked around yawning like a cute puppy and when he noticed Chanyeol, a small smile spread across his sleepy face.
"It feels nice to have someone next to you when you wake up"

He laid back down and patted the spot next to him for Chanyeol to take.
As if being controlled, Chanyeol laid down next to him and soon had a pair of hands over him, one splayed across his chest and the other holding onto his hands.
" Feels good, not cold anymore"
And he slipped into a deep slumber.

Chanyeol felt something wierd within him when he realised the loneliness Baekhyun experienced in his life. He for once wanted to wipe away that loneliness from Baekhyuns life, but what could be do.

'At least for now, stay with him for the night' he thought.

And soon chanyeol also followed Baekhyun to dreamland, into the land of no worries.