In My Heart 6

In My Heart

Time flew really fast. Before even he knew, his latest novel was released. He was totally excited about it. He never really card about its sales but he always looked forward to the reviews he recieved for his books. 

It was his fourth work already. Baekhyun was a rising novelist. He had a developing and rapidly growing fan club comprising of people admiring his works as well as him as a whole. So basically it comprised of teenage and young adults who were after him and another group of people who truely understood and felt the heavy and chocking feelings Baekhyun conveyed through his works. His novels had the power to grip the soul of the person and pull him straight into his works effectively transferring the bottled up emotions into his readers.

Perhaps these two factors helped him to have really good sales for his novels when compared to other newer writers.

The company estimated a rough sales of around 400,000 copies for his new book.

But that was proved to be inadequate as the stock ran out within a week of release. And by the end of one month Baekhyun already had a whooping million copies of his latest work sold , leading the company to an overdrive trying to meet the needs of the public in terms of copies of books published.

 

 

"Yaaaaa, Baek " Soo called

Baekhyun who was lazing around in his house looked in the direction of his kitchen where Kyungsoo was busy making dinner.

" So when is the fan sign event you talked about earlier" Soo asked

" Its next week Soo "

" Where??"

" There are actually 3 events. One in Soeul , next in Busan, and they are debating where the third event should be" Baek said

"Oohhh , so you are going to Busan next week??"

"Mmmm"

"Waaaaaa, that's great" Soo commented

"Cant believe you are officially having your first fan event. U nervous??" Soo asked

" Id be lying if I said no" Baek sighed

" Its ok. Everything will be fine" Soo comforted

"But still the success you had with this novel is ridiculous, you deserve every bit of it though. I'm saying this cause I know" Soo said

" Thanks Soo" Baek smiled

"Its done , come on lazy bum , let's eat" Soo chimed

Baek jumped up from his seat and dashed to the kitchen to indulge in Kyungsoo's delicious dinner.

 

 

Baekhyun was waiting for Luhan in his office. He was in the company right now as Luhan wanted to meet him to talk regarding the fan event.

" There he is, my official million seller" Luhan cheered as he entered the office room

Shocked with the sudden outburst, Baekhyun jumped from his seat and was soon engulfed in a beat hug by Luhan. Sehun came in along with Luhan and stood there chuckling seeing the absolutely bewildered expression of Baekhyun who never saw this coming.

" Great job buddy, I'm so proud of you and happy right now that I would literally kiss you , if it wasnt for the dork standing behind me. " Luhan said

"Yaaaaa, you better behave or else ......" Sehun whisper talked right beside Luhans ears sending chills down his spine

Baekhyun cleared his throat at that and looked at them with an all knowing smirk making Luhan blush deep.

Soon they began talking about business , about Baekhyuns fan sign event to be held in three different places which was about to start the next week.

 

The day for the first event arrived. It was conducted in a famous mall in Soeul starting at around 10:00 am.

To say the mall was crowded was an under statement. It was packed with fans all eager to meet their inspiration, their happiness. The event lasted past noon and it was almost 2:30pm by the time it came to a close.

Reaching the last few set of people who attended the fan sign event, Baekhyun was surprised to hear the familiar deep voice as the next person approached him. It was Chanyeol.

" What are you doing here??" Baekhyun asked

" Getting the autograph of my favorite author" he replied with his infamous smile on his face.

" Why go through all this trouble for that when you could have just told me" Baekhyun said

" Your expression is worth all the trouble"  Chanyeol winked back ( yes, he ing winked)

"  Why are you doing this, Yeol" Baekhyun was now blushing to his core now

Well, Chanyeol was no different.

Totally caught offguard with the new nickname Baekhyun gave him, he was left speechless too.

Someone clearing their throat brought them both back. Looking back, the security guard was looking at them with a " continue this romance when you are back home" look.

God , that was embarrassing.

Chanyeol gave his copy of book to Baekhyun for his autograph.

While Baekhyun was signing it, Chanyeol asked

" Did you have lunch yet???"

"Not yet" Baekhyun answered

"I'll wait for you outside, Meet me when you are done, ok"

Still flustered, Baekhyun stared at chanyeol before timidly shaking his head.

 

Finally the event was over.

It was a hectic day and Baekhyun was happy that it was finally over. Walking outside( surrounded by guards ofcourse) , he saw Chanyeol waiting for him. Reaching him they set off and together they decided to have lunch at Kyungsoo's place

A mouth watering meal later, Baekhyun asked

" You have work now??"

"Yep"

"Mmmmm"

Baekhyun continued

" Thank you for coming today" 

Smiling all so sweetly , Chanyeol replied

" It was my pleasure Beak" 

It was followed by a small flick of Baekhyuns forehead by Chanyeol

" Have I told you that you are cute, Baek???"

Baekhyun just groaned now covering his face , as if his ears turning cherry red wasnt any indication of his current condition.

After lunch, Chanyeol went back to work and Baekhyun went home to pack for his other two days event which starts the next day.