No I’m Not

No I’m Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A certain doe-eyed girl was rummaging her bag because her phone has been ringing nonstop. When she found it, she immediately pressed the answer button upon seeing who has been calling her all this time.

"Oppa!" She gasped. "Mian.. I just finished preparing so I didn't hear my phone ringing when you called."

It was Sungjae. She heard him scoff on the other line, and she can imagine him rolling his eyes. "Of course you didn't..fish!" She giggled, knowing he can never get upset with her for more than a minute.

Thankfully she was alone in their waiting room or else she'd already be bombarded with teasing gazes from her members. She sat down the couch as she waited for him to continue.

"What are you wearing for the red carpet, Sooyoung-ah? Make sure you're all covered up because it's freezing outside." He worriedly replied, and it was almost like she was programmed, as a smile automatically escaped her lips.

It's times like this that she can't control her feelings that has been building up for the past few years of them being frien-

No, scratch that. They weren't just friends.

Heck, they can be called any word from the whole dictionary but definitely not friends..yet at the same time, they're not actually a couple.

It's funny even to her, that two people knew they love each other but they still aren't together. Yet when she thinks about it again, it's more sad than funny really. How two people fight their feelings because of reasons that can easily be judged by others but too damn complex for them to even try to understand.

"I'll still be wearing shorts but with a long sleeved top. I'll be fine, oppa. I'm used to it." She smiled as if he can see her right now.

"What the heck are you smiling for?" It was as if the universe heard her thoughts as she flinched out of surprise upon seeing him march towards her inside their waiting room.

He closed the door and slid his phone down his pocket as she lowered hers on the table. His hands flew to his waist.

"It's minus eleven degrees out there, and you'll be wearing nothing but a piece of black fabric that's been cut too short because your stylist thought you should look hot instead of thinking how cold you will be when you walk that stupid red carpet outside. I mean, who would even think of an outside red carpet in this kind of weather? So inconvenient." He rambled nonstop while his hands move animatedly in front of him.

Yes, she's programmed. She was sure of it. She was designed to automatically malfunction whenever he's around as her face started heating up while her heart danced like stars in the galaxy which is his eyes. She giggled at his answer.

"Oppa, did I tell you already?"

"What?" He angrily replied, brows meeting halfway.

"I like it when you're like this." She let out a laugh when she saw his mouth turn agape. 

He scoffed, shaking his head in disbelief. "You're unbelievable, Park Sooyoung."

He felt his ears turn red as he exclaimed, amazed at her unexpected response as he motioned for her to move over. He sat beside her while wrapping an arm round her shoulders.

"Here I am, worrying about you freezing to death thanks to that swimwear you're wearing, and you just keep on laughing at me? I bet you're enjoying this so much." He slowly buried his face at the crook of her neck while his arms encircled her waist.

She was indeed enjoying this, maybe a little too much, the feel of his breath on her neck, the warmth of his arms around her and his obvious utterance of worry about her being. Who wouldn't, she bets even a statue would feel dizzy with all the things he's doing.

She gently combed his hair, not minding the ongoing demonstration inside her chest. She should have been used to it since they've been like this for almost a year.

But she's never gonna used to how her insides flip when he does unpredictable sweet gestures, or the way her heart pounds almost ripping out her rib cage because of his blatant expression of care towards her. She should have, but she couldn't.

"Why are so clingy today, huh? Aegi aegi." She tilted her head to look at his face that was still resting on her neck.

"I am always, clingy." He said as a matter-of-factly, voiced muffled as he breathed against her neck, and she swore she almost squealed at the feeling of electricity running through her veins.

True enough though, he was clingy almost all the time. A side of him that really surprised her since he has always been careful of skinships during their run on their virtual marriage show. But he became so different as they grew closer and closer.

She can clearly remember what he said during their laundry time on the show.

"I've always been romantic. I was just a little shy before, but I'm originally romantic."

And since that day she's been unceasingly amazed of his actions. He didn't stop communicating with her even after their show ended.

Sungjae was seen to be always careful on stage and on screen, but he's the complete opposite backstage. He'd always talk to her when they see each other in the hallways, not minding the curious stares they get from everyone around them.

Now, almost everybody knows about their special relationship, from other idols to their staffs and even few celebrities outside the musical profession.

"I know, but today's different." She was fiddling with their hands that he intertwined.

"Because you're especially beautiful today." He pulled back a little, and then studied her face before a smirk played on his lips. Why do they say butterflies in the stomach, when she feels the whole damn zoo in hers.

"And I want to keep you warm." He continued as he nestled his face back in her neck. "Can't I just stick with you like this on the red carpet? That way we can keep each other warm."

'You're already doing a great job in keeping me warm. If it gets warmer than this, I'm gonna get burned.' It was good to know she still has control over or she might've already spat out the words in her mind.

She heard his aegyo voice, making produce a high pitched laugh. "Sure, if you're ready to be flooded with spiteful comments, that is."

He abruptly pulled away, his hands never leaving her thin waistline. He rolled his eyes at her before speaking. "No, thanks. If it's just me they'll attack I'm fine with that. But if they involve you, that's a whole different story they'd wish to have never been written."

See? This is what she's talking about, it's times like this that makes her already chaotic self become even more chaotic. All thanks to this guy beside her who's clinging at her like a koala. Not that she's complaining though.

The door suddenly swung open revealing her members and his leader. They all exclaimed in satisfaction knowing they have found who they've been looking for at exactly where they expected him to be.

"Aiyoo..here's the butter couple again. Oh sorry, excuse the word 'couple'." Yeri said intentionally, making all the intruders burst out laughing. She can't help but roll her eyes with their antics while Sungjae just grinned on the other hand.

"I knew he would be here, sunbaenim." Wendy chirped loooking at Eunkwang and back at them. All the girls settled on the chairs as there's no more space on the couch.

"Yeah, well, I guess we've always known where he would be. He's always trespassing your waiting room every time we have schedules together." The oldest one in the room commented.

They were still both entangled in each other arms while listening to the endless exchange between their members.

"We have to go, Sungjae-ah. The red carpet's starting soon. Bye girls. See you later." His leader left right after flashing a bright smile towards the girls.

He leaned back, brushing her cheek with his thumb. "I have to go. I'll see you later." He planted a soft kiss on her temple before bowing to her members and scurrying away after.

She was left smiling to herself while hearing her members mocking voices. These girls need to have a love life soon so she can finally escape from their never ending teasing. That's if, there's even a guy out there ready to take on her crazy members' selves.

*****

He almost ran back inside their waiting room because of the extreme coldness outside when they did the red carpet. To think he was already wearing a suit and even covered with a long coat.

That's why he couldn't help but worry about her since she's wearing a lot lesser clothes than he was. Both of their groups were next to each other before the red carpet so he kept glancing at her as she did at him.

After their walk, he hurriedly texted her to come to their waiting room as he was prevented by s from wandering around since according to them, his back hasn't been fully healed.

She came a little while after his message, more gorgeous than he has ever seen her be. His heart kept on doing jumping jacks at the sight of her.

Well, that is a big fat lie, because even when he just thinks about her, his chest would already thump like he was being CPR-ed. He didn't knew a person could possibly have a heart attack just by staring at something so beautiful.

In his case, it was someone. It was Joy.

"Oppa.." She looked down to level his gaze as he was sitting blankly on the couch, still dazed at the goddess in front of him. She sat beside him.

s were nowhere to be found. They started disappearing one by one when he told them he asked her to come, since they won't let him go to her.

"Gw..gwaenchanha?" He stuttered after finally waking up from his daydream as he saw her pale face. "It was so cold outside. I was wearing layers of clothing yet it was still freezing." He was rubbing his hands on her shoulders and down to her arms to give her warmth.

She paints a ray of sunshine all over her face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter