Final

He's from Outer Space
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He comes from outer space. At least that’s what Wonpil thinks every time he looks at Jae who is everything Wonpil is not – tall with long limbs, fair skin, beautiful smile or hair damaged from bleaching, small eyes… With two last things, Wonpil is just trying to find something that will be a turn off when it comes to Jae. He likes him way too much and mere thought that his feelings are one-sided sickens him.

Jae is always teasing him – telling him he laughs too much, acts cute more often than necessary, wears that horrid pink nightmare when Jae is around (and Jae told him that he doesn’t want to see it – never ever), cuddles with everyone and Jae says that it hurts his eyes – blaming Wonpil for his poor eyesight.

 

 “Wonpiiiiiil~~ why is this in laundry, I thought we all agreed that you throw it away.” Jae shouts from where he is standing next to washing machine - because it’s his turn to do laundry this week. Wonpil runs over and finds him there, holding his pink knit with only two fingers, as if it was the most disgusting thing.

“Give it back!” Wonpil squeaks. Reaching out for his precious pink sweater that he loves to wear (maybe, just maybe to irk Jae further, maybe to get noticed, that too by Jae).

“I told you already I’d bleach it white if I find it lying in here again.” Jae is laughing now as he says it, because Wonpil is trying to snatch the sweater away. Jae holds it above his head and thanks to his height and long arms there is no way Wonpil would manage to get it.

Wonpil, however has his ways with Jae after all these years they spent in a band together. Punch – hard enough for it to at least tickle the giant, light enough not to hurt the giant, light enough not to hurt his own fingers (he’ll be needing them in a long run after all). Jae gasps after receiving not so strong not so weak punch to his abdomen, but it was not about the punch, but rather the fact that it was an unexpected punch.  “Ouch, you little snake!” Jae half laughs half cries (because let’s be honest, it hurts when you have no meat to cover everything that you need to live) and tries to grab Wonpil who already sprinted towards the room he shares with Sungjin, and with his beloved sweater pressed tightly against his chest. Jae is slow, Wonpil manages to lock the door. Hahaaaa

But that’s it, the moment with Jae ended and Wonpil is left to his thoughts again. Rethinking about Jae calling his pink knit ugly, Jae calling him snake. Why snake of all animals? He liked to wrap around people, that, he had to acknowledge but otherwise? He was tired of their Tom & Jerry-style quarrels. So tired – his eyes close and world around him disappears.

 

####

 

“Wonpil, did you watch the news?”

“What news noona?” Wonpil asked his elder sister. Quite disinterested in the topic. He was tired from school. Being a student is tiring...

“That star over there.” She points through the window of their spaceship. “is about to go supernova soon.”

“Bullcrap, they’ve been saying that for years.” Wonpil deadpanned.

“If you say so..” His sister shrugged and continued with driving their ship to Synthfeel, little planet where they resided.

 

 

Wonpil remembered that day clearly, because no one EVER visited their planet. Firstly, it was way out of course for any space ship out there (people say that Kims live on the edge of the space for a reason – it is close to edge) and secondly, their planet is hot pink in colour. And nobody likes hot pink. So imagine Wonpil’s surprise when he sees this tall blonde boy.

“Hi.” Blonde boy said awkwardly.

Wonpil looked at him, still little stunned that someone managed to come visit them. He probably just needed to ask for directions. No biggie. “Hey.” Wonpil replied back.

“You see, I was just on my way to visit Brian, my friend, not that you need to know that-“ And that is when Wonpil was about to tick off that imaginary box next to: He’ll ask for the directions. “-and then I saw this pink planet and was like whoa, I need to make my stop and greet whoever lives there.”

“Uhm, okay...” Wonpil’s lips quirked up a little. He wasn’t sure whether this beautiful stranger came here to mock or compliment.

“I’m Jae, by the way.” Said boy – Jae, extended his hand, offering a handshake. And who was Wonpil to refuse, especially when this Jae guy had the most beautiful eye-smile he’s ever seen? Well, it was more like his eyes completely disappeared.

“Wonpil.”

“Wonpil... nice name, has a nice feel to it, you feel me?” Jae tried to joke, but Wonpil only squinted at him.

“No, actually we just met so I don’t think I want to feel you, Jae.”

“Hahahahaaaa.” Jae laughed awkwardly, when his attempt at joking was met with... well, Wonpil. “So, I’m happy that I decided to take this detour. It was nice meeting you.”

Wonpil started to panic, because Jae was obviously trying to escape and guess what is the first thing that came to his mind? “You’re leaving already?” Okay,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter