Final

A Surprise Visit

Having a relationship with an idol can be hard. Time was the worst enemy with these particular relationships. However, the key to keeping any relationship going strong is understanding, at least you thought so. You thought this because you were dating an idol for almost 2 years. Kim Donghyun was probably the greatest boyfriend you could ask for. You tend to joke that it is no wonder he was a part of a group called Boyfriend.

Donghyun was the type of guy who would always make time for you to be together. Most of the time these plans worked out, but there were times when an unforeseen schedule would pop up cancelling any plans the two of you had. He was always worrying about letting you down when these unexpected events came about, but you always reassure him that you were never upset and that you understood he has a prior commitment to fulfilling his dreams.

So, It wasn't totally unexpected when Donghyun called you a couple days before you both had plans to go out and have a day to yourselves just before his schedule became too busy from Boyfriend's comeback. “Hey, ______. It's me” he simply started. You could tell that his tone was already preparing an apology. Much like the times before, he continued with a sigh, “The photoshoot that was scheduled for next week had to be moved to this week. Something about a hot new rookie group, having only our original time to make it in. So they asked our manager if we would take an earlier date.” You didn't need much more explanation to get where this conversation was going. Before he could continue you said, “Donghyun, it's alright.” You smiled in hopes to make Donghyun feel better, even though he couldn't see you at this very moment, you hoped he could hear it. “______, I promise I will make it up to you.” His words instantly made you feel warm, and you chuckled in reply “You always do.”

A silence took over, it wasn't awkward, but rather comforting. It was comforting because you could hear him breathing, and suddenly the distance between you both felt so small. He took in a deep breath and exhaled slowly, as he felt a similar relief that you experience. “I miss you” he said, “You know that, right?” Your reply was instant, “Of course. Even if you didn't tell me.” You continued on quietly, telling him the words you only wanted him to hear, “I miss you, too.” He continued to talk about his upcoming schedule with the boys, and a little part of you grew worried since it was so busy. However, you knew this wasn't the first time his schedule was like this and it would hopefully not be the last, so he knew how to take care of himself and the ‘kids,’ as he called them.

Before you knew it, an hour passed and it was probably a good idea to end the phone call here. “It's getting late,” you said to bring this call to its end, “Don’t you have practice tomorrow?” “Yeah,” he said with a small sigh, “but it feels like I just barely started talking to you.” You laugh lightly, understanding exactly what he was feeling and simply said, “I know.” “I guess I have to let you go now.” In response you joked, “Don't miss me too much.” “Too late,” was his instant reply, and you were left with a faster beating heart and cheeks dusted a faint red color. ‘It's been two years,’ you thought, 'and he still manages to make me feel the same feelings as day one.’ “I love you,” he said shortly after accompanied with, “See you soon.” You replied the same words, he insists on ending every parting, be it a phone call or when we are together in person, with see you soon instead of goodbye or bye because it will “always hold a promise to see each other again soon.”

After the call me ended, you took a moment to really process everything Donghyun had told you. You couldn't help it. You were a little upset that your date with Donghyun was postponed. You definitely were not upset with Donghyun, he couldn't help it, but rather the situation. It was while thinking that, when an idea popped up in your head. Donghyun always made it up to you if a plan had been cancelled, but this time you were going to make it up to him, after all it wasn't just you that missed out.

First you needed to discreetly get the information for the photoshoot, and you couldn't simply ask Donghyun. So, you decided to text the one member we who would best keep your plans quiet and you were set.

------

You arrived at the building were the photoshoot should be currently taking place. You waited outside, which was quite the task with hands and arms loaded up with bags full of food and drinks. You weren't waiting long as one of the back doors slowly opened and the head of your accomplice popped up. He smiled when he saw you standing there, “Hello, _______. Have you been waiting long?” “Not at all,” you replied as you entered through the door. He grabbed a majority of the bags you were carrying, easing the weight you were carrying. “Thanks, Jeongmin” you said in gratitude. “ I just couldn't let you carry all these bags, besides what would Donghyun say if I didn't help you out.” You smiled, “I was thanking you for helping me set up today, too.” He continued to lead you down a hallway and you could faintly hear music and the flashes of a camera in a room ahead, your destination most likely. He flashed you one of his bright smiled and said, “No problem anything for you, sister-in-law.” All of the Boyfriend members would call you that, mostly to tease, but that didn't mean you got used to hearing it. You turned away from Jeongmin, in an attempt to hide your slightly flushed face, but that only made him laugh. In order to draw the attention away from you you said, “So no one besides you knows I am here.” “Nope,” was Jeongmin’s reply, “I had to really insist that I wanted to order the food today, in place of Donghyun. He let me do it, but I think he thinks I am up to something...which is right.” He explained and you laughed. You finally get to the open door of the photoshoot and Jeongmin takes you to a table where a couple members sat. “Look what I brought,” Jeongmin said in a sing song voice. “Food~,” came Hyunseong’s reply, though he didn't realize your presence yet. “________, I didn't know that you were coming today.” Minwoo said as he saw you approach. This caused Hyunseong to turn to you, “oh, ______. Donghyun didn't say anything about you coming today.” You set what little bags you were carrying, “He wouldn't have said anything because he doesn't even know yet.” Hyunseong laughed after hearing your statement, and said, “Hyung is going to be surprised.” Minwoo then said, “Your plan is going to help more than you know.” Minwoo pointed behind you in the direction of the photographer, but from your angle you couldn't see who was getting photographed. Minwoo continued, “Donghyun hyung has had a difficult day. They said his photos aren't turning out well.” As soon as he stopped, Jeongmin added “But Hyung will feel better after eating and seeing you here.” You felt your ears warm up, “I doubt that. If anything he will feel better after the food.” Jeongmin tilted his head at your response, “Is that really what you think?” You stared at him, not really sure how to answer, before you could say anything you were cut off by Hyunseong. “Donghyun still talks about you like he did before you both started dating.” He chuckled, “Like when he asks if he looks okay for your date. Or if you would like to go to this place or eat that thing. There are also the times when he comes home and he can't stop talking about how cute you were.” Now your face felt hot, and you could only imagine how red you looked , you instead leaned towards the table and started to pull out and distribute the food. You heard a light *smack* and an “ow” from Hyunseong followed by Jeongmin telling him, “Now you embarrassed her.”

You set up the food and sent off the other boys to distribute the extra food and drinks to the staff. You were then quickly joined by Youngmin and Kwangmin, who were both surprised to see you there. Kwangmin asked, “Noona! When did you get here.” Youngmin then said, “Thank you for bringing food. You and Donghyun hyung are the only ones who get it right.” They didn't talk much as they dug straight into the food, after a quick “We will eat well.” It didn't take long for the others to come back, you were surprised, however, when you saw Donghyun approaching followed directly by Jeongmin, who's hands were busy covering his Hyung’s eyes. You almost laughed at the questions the confused Donghyun was asking. “You know, Jeongmin. It's not much if a surprise if I already know you ordered food. I also saw that you bought enough for the staff, while that is surprising, I already saw.” Jeongmin stayed quite as his hyung continued on, “Yah, Lee Jeongmin. Don't ignore me. Why are you covering my eyes?” At this point, they already reached the table and Jeongmin positioned Donghyun in front of the couch right next to you and pushed him into a seated position. Just as soon as Donghyun finished his question, Jeongmin released his eyes. Jeongmin grinned, “I am not covering your eyes.” Donghyun had not noticed you yet, and turned to Jeongmin with a look clearly questioning his antics, Jeongmin laughed and with a shrug of his shoulders he said, “Well, not anymore.”

He held eye contact with Jeongmin and turned back to face the table. With a shake of his head he scooted to the edge of the couch, reaching out to remove the lid on his box. You felt bad. As you looked at your boyfriend you couldn't help but worry. He looked exhausted and a little frustrated, no doubt blaming himself for his bad day. He pulled his chopsticks apart and took his first bite.

He was preparing to take the next bite when he suddenly stopped, having noticed that the other 5 members of Boyfriend, who were sitting or standing across him on the other side of the table. They had their eyes on him, waiting for him to finally realize that his girlfriend was next to him. He stared up meeting each of their eyes, when they didn't turn away or continue eating he asked, “What?”. It was at this moment when you saw Jeongmin flickered his eyes to you, who was on Donghyun's left, and back at his hyung , when Donghyun became aware of the sixth pair of eyes gazing at him. He quickly turned and meet eyes with you. He didn't say anything for a few seconds, but he didn't really need to, his eyes told it all. He quickly pulled you into a tight embrace, ignoring the kids who were laughing. His arms were warm and your head was rested on his shoulder. You turn your head, bringing your lips close to his ear and say, “Rough day?” He chuckles lightly and pulls away, keeping his hand in yours. “It was,” he smiled, “But I have a feeling it's going to be better now that you are here.” You can feel yourself get a little warm, “I wanted to surprise you. Just because our plans for our day together got cancelled doesn't mean we still can't spend it together.” His reply came after with a laugh, “I definitely was surprised. I didn't expect the one person I needed to sitting right next to me. What would I ever do without you, _______.” It wasn't really a question, but more of a statement. The members all “Awed” and Donghyun turned to them, “Eat quickly so we can finish the photoshoot off strong.” The members all replied with a yes and began eating talking about random things. Donghyun also picked up his chopsticks, and grab a roll of kimbab. He turned in his seat to face you as he said “ahh” and held out the roll in front of you mouth. You pulled back slightly, too embarrassed to take the roll you said, “No it's okay. You take care of yourself first.” He shook his head, still holding out the roll in front of you, “No. Knowing you you were too busy caught up in you surprise, and probably didn't eat before coming here, right. Besides,” he smiles, “Taking care of you is the best way to take care of myself.”