10 Stories

Description

10 Stories

A refreshingly small cafe, slightly out of sight in a bustling outdoor strip mall. Customers are one-a-many and looking to begin their day with a bright and simple drink--hot coffee or tea, and maybe a milk concotion for a young one--before moving onto with their daily lives. (If brunch is on the list, simple waffles, or pastries are available). 
 
There is nothing overwhelming about this little cafe. The drinks are made fresh to order and is in the line of view for the customer. There are a few chairs and tables, perhaps with simple table decorations--succulent or a flower in a vase to add color to the simple interior.
 
However,once the sun begins to set, small tables pour out into the street. Lights are strung up and if the weather is too humid and warm, perhaps a small fan is attached to the front of the store. The night cools and customers are refreshed with iced coffees, iced teas, and iced milk drinks. Perhaps a light snack.
 
The concept is for customers to stop for a moment and write their own story to add to the cafe's own.
 
Welcome to the 10 Stories Cafe. 

Foreword

10 Stories - Foreward

It's a tinkling of ceramic mugs and vase glasses being washed in the stainless steel sink that greets the sight of the slightly-rushed-owner, hands full with pastries. 
 
"The Bakery's van broke down early this morning so I had to run over. Thanks for opening up." 
 
"No problem. Everything's all set. Just finishing up with the tables" 
 
A sigh of relief washes over the owner as he sets the pastries down and begins to arrange them in the display container. It was grand opening day and to say he was nervous was quite an understatement. He could hardly sleep last night. A kiss on the cheek surprises him out of his reverie. 
 
"Don't worry, everything's going to go fine. It's grand opening day."
 
He laughs and as if the morning could not yet be filled with adventure, rain begins to sprinkle downward.