(A short introduction of sorts)

Little Shop of Wonders

 

Their shop has been in Minho’s family for more than 10 generations. Magic itself is imbued into every corner of the building; from the snow melting shingles to the never squeaking (but sometimes self opening) doors all the way down to the self repairing bricks. It follows that persons of any magical ability are especially drawn to the building, though it’s more often frequented by those of non-magical ability. Kibum is the first to come. Minho’s making a fresh batch of love potions when they stumble in. While it brews, Minho makes them tea. Kibum’s been thrown out of their old coven and feels lost. Minho’s never had a coven, but he’s happy to form a new one with Kibum. They’re both potion makers by trade and it works out well for the shop. Jonghyun and Jinki come next. They’re both spell chanters, though Jinki dabbles more than a little in everything. They come in looking for supplies and end up finding the coven instead. Taemin is the last to join. They stumble in thinking they’re a normal boy, but after accidentally joining into Jonghyun and Jinki’s chant and ruining their spell, they’re taken in as their apprentice.

A year after their coven is formed, Jinki’s voice box is cursed. Though Minho’s able to mostly remove it, he stops chanting in order to maintain their safety. Taemin takes Jinki’s place with Jonghyun in the upstairs level of the shop. Jinki becomes the main shopkeep out of the five. With his gentle demeanor and soothing voice, he encourages more than his fair share of purchases.  The shop is divided into four plots. Spells on the left, potions on the right; Jonghyun and Minho’s works are towards the front; good luck charms and love potions never fail to catch the eyes of passersby. Taemin and Kibum’s works are further in; hexes and truth serums are not for the first time buyer. When requested, Jinki does fortune telling in the room behind the counter. He also makes candles, tend to crystals, and generally tinkers around with whatever magic he can get his hands on. When he does make a sale, their profits are split kept in separate jars, though the others will never let one in particular go hungry.

With the support of the others, each coven member flourishes in their own way.

 

Jinki: fortune telling, instruction giving, shop tending, persuasion, chanting (rarely), potion making (rarely)

Jonghyun: chanting, shop tending.

Kibum: potion making, shop tending (rarely)

Minho: potion making, shop tending, chanting (rare), other oddities when convenient

Taemin: chanting, spirit raising, shop tending (rarely)