welcome home

im home i love you

As jeno sits on the backseat with his suitcase inside the moving cab he wonders, after 6 long years would renjun wait for him? He remembered leaving renjun without saying goodbye. Would renjun still love him? All those promises to each other to love each other till the end prevail? Would he still wait for him? Even after what jeno had done to him? They were young and free that time, they were eighteen, they were happy with their college, small apartment, part time jobs, happy with each other’s company, everything was perfect until jeno got a scholarship to study music abroad, it was once in a lifetime opportunity but jeno was scared, scared that renjun shall be heartbroken about this, he would be sad, lonely and alone, he couldn’t bear to see renjun pretending to be supportive about this but deep inside he would feel sad that he had to go, he couldn’t bear to see tears spilling out of renjun’s eyes when they said goodbyes, jeno would sit in an airplane, ready for his future while renjun would return to their small apartment, alone, sleeping alone, eating alone, feeling alone, he just couldn’t stand to see renjun getting hurt but this was his opportunity of a lifetime, he shouldn’t miss this his family told him. So one morning, he got up quietly and packed his clothes, gave renjun’s sleeping form a kiss on his forehead, a note, a one last look and he left just like that. What he did was stupid, immature and probably one of the cruelest thing you could to a person, but he was too young to know that, jeno prayed everyday for a time machine to get him back to those days.

During those six years in Canada, jeno made a friend named mark who happened to have a boyfriend too in Korea. Unlike jeno’s stupid and immature goodbye, mark and his boyfriend text each other, talk to each other every day, they were happy as they could be despite the long distance. They could’ve been like them, jen wished; he wished that renjun would wait. He wished. jeno never dated anyone else, he never even look at the girls, they may be pretty and curvy with exotic personalities but jeno always preferred renjun over those girls and renjun always beat them to jeno. He preferred renjun’s blushing face than those flirting faces, his short little legs rather than those girls’ long ones, he preferred renjun’s long and pretty fingers that were always so busy painting something, creating something, turning simple things into art, that shy but outspoken personality unlike those girls who pretend to be interesting but they really aren’t, his cute fluffy hair, the way he puts when he is sad, the way his eyes lit up childishly whenever they passed by a moomin shop, his natural soft and milky skin rather than those girls’ moisturized ones with expensive creams, he preferred those red, soft lips than these lipstick stained lips, he preferred that petite little body than these busty chest and cuppy hipped women, he preferred those oversized hoodies unlike these cleavage and see through outfits they wore, pretty small hands dirtied with paint than these manicured hands of these girls, circle framed glasses instead of these makeups,none of the feature and attires of these girls got him to get over renjun, no one could look jeno like renjun did, the he smiles with that crooked toothed smile, the way he touches him, the way he looks at him, the way he makes love to jeno, the way he kissed him, no other thing or person in the whole wide world could ever replace what he had with renjun and was he renjun was to him, what renjun meant to him. He is still so in love with that boy, he does, everyday.

He remembered one time, they were cuddling in their bed, the rain outside making the apartment cold, and they cuddled under the blankets, kissing teasing and laughing. Renjun laid his head on jeno’s chest playing with the hem of jeno’s hoodie while jeno plays with his hair he kissed the back of his head “I love you so much I will never replace you with anyone” renjun looked at him and smiled “even if you disappear for like 40 years from now, I will probably be here waiting for you” renjun grabbed renjun’s hand and place it on his chest “you keep the key to this heart’s home” renjun smiled “there is no one else I’d rather stay in home with with” jeno was kind of shocked at renjun’s answer he asked “promise?” “Promise jeno”.

He won’t replace him won’t he? Because even before he and renjun were together he knows that Renjun never breaks his promises.

The cab stopped at his destination, jeno paid the driver and got down, now he stood in front of the building of the apartment he shared with renjun, he didn’t even bother going home to his family instead, he was nervous as hell, he quietly went up to the floor of apartment, the way he remembered, he stood in front of the front door of his old apartment with a suitcase and a heart in his hand, he rang the doorbell, he wasn’t even sure if renjun would live here anymore but he took his chances. He rang and rang the doorbell only to realize there was no one home, he sighed, maybe renjun left its okay because he actually deserved this, he leaned against the door, his heart slowly breaking and then he heard loud crashes of metals beside him he jerks his head to the side the sight in front of him made his heart well up in happiness and love. Those pretty eyes were wide with shock, little hands covering his shocked mouth, soft hair fluffier than ever dyed jet black, same oversized hoodie he looks so cute in it, fresh paint cans and art supplies lying everywhere around him, the same pretty face, the same Chinese boy he loved, his first love, the same boy he left brokenhearted, the same boy he promised to spend the rest of his life with 6 years ago, the same renjun.

They stood glued to their spots both wondering if they were hallucinating jeno couldn’t move from his spot to happy, too nervous until renjun slowly walked towards him, his steps were cautious, as if he was afraid jeno would disappear like he did. Jeno could see tears welling up in his eyes, his own tearing up as well, renjun was now standing in front of him, he looked even more beautiful up close, still pretty, still adorable, the same boy he love. Renjun placed a soft palm on his cheek, renjun’s expression was filled with nostalgia with a mix of fear and happiness, he looks at him as if he was in a dream, his eyes were sad, jeno nuzzles into his touch “I’m home renjun, I’m sorry I was a selfish bastard and I deserve to---“ he was cut off by a hug renjun was hugging him, burying his face on jeno’s chest his hands around jeno’s abdomen, toes lifting, jeno felt warm, wet patches on his shirt, renjun was crying, “you idiot you are home now” he mumbled into jeno’s shirt jeno’s eyes welt up in tears and he hug back and they cried softly in each other’s arms.

After a long moment they broke apart wiping each other’s tears, jeno holds renjun’s small hands in his and questions “you waited even after all these years?” renjun smiled “yes I did I promised there is no one else I’d rather stay in home with than you” jeno’s heart welt up again, as he said renjun never breaks promises “I’m sorry I don’t deserve---“ renjun shuts him up with a kiss jeno longed for 6 years, as jeno felt those soft lips against his, he sighed and kissed back lifting renjun up, he was still light as ever and renjun wraps his legs around his hips, they giggled at their usual make out position 6 years ago and then they kissed again with passion and happiness in their hearts, he bit softly at renjun’s lower lip and renjun giggled, jeno loved hearing hose laughs and those giggles “there was no one else there whom I thought about than you renjun, during those years all I thought about was you I never replaced you with anyone and I never will” renjun looked at him with the same love in his eyes like he always did and jeno suddenly felt guilty of what he’d done to him again, renjun deserved better than his stupid “im sorry renjun, if I could’ve gotten the guts to just call or text or sent you a email, we could’ve been---“ renjun shuts him up with a kiss again “I forgive you jeno, you told me that you will always have me in your heart and mind, that’s all I need to know and that’s what kept me going every day, I always knew jeno, that you still love me, I always knew that you could find your way back home and I shall be here waiting for you even after 40 years, yes it was unfair and cruel what you did frankly but jeno my feelings never change and they never will I love you jeno” jeno smiled as he hold up renjun’s hand and placed it on his chest “you still possess the key to this heart and you didn’t threw it away thank you renjun I love you” renjun giggled again “you’re still so cheesy” he leaned down again to capture jeno’s lips with his, jeno backed him against the wall and the kiss continued, the suitcase and the paint supplies and metal cans long forgotten but they didn’t care, they’re busy returning to each other’s arms, finding their way back to each other

“I’m home”

“Welcome home jeno”

“I love you renjun”

“I love you jeno”

Fin.

 

i do not plagiarise and i can prove that this is mine so dear thieves back tf off