Part I

That Morning He

“So, in conclusion, you’ll have a successful career. I see many opportunities for you in that field.”

Junmyeon smirked. He lowered his head and stared attentively at the crystal ball. Although he couldn’t see anything on the glass surface, his mind could already envision the seer’s predictions. Successful academic life and later career, health and wealth. These were all the things Junmyeon hoped that this life would be. Hearing the seer say it, reassured Junmyeon that his efforts would be rewarded. He had a bright future ahead, and he couldn’t wait to experience it. There was only one point left he needed to hear.

“How about my love life?”

The fortuneteller nodded. She began doing those strange hand movements again. In silence, she concentrated on watching the crystal ball while Junmyeon could already sense what she’d say. Right now things weren’t in the position Junmyeon wanted, but come on, it was evident that he’ll be with none other than-

“You will die alone.”

Junmyeon raised his head. He furrowed his eyebrows and stared at the woman in disbelief. “What?!”

“Yes, yes, I see you’re in love with this boy… He’s your age, has dimples, likes to play badminton, might cause trouble without meaning to, has a pet lizard… He and you are very close.”

Junmyeon nodded. The seer had seen right again. That was nobody else but Zhang Yixing. Yixing, his best friend, and secret crush. He had met Yixing two years ago through their mutual friend, Baekhyun. One thing that often made Yixing stand-out was that he could be a very straightforward and upfront person. Sometimes his bluntness would cause misunderstandings and unintentional hurt feelings because although most people said they valued sincerity, Yixing’s honesty could sometimes be too much honesty. Junmyeon found it endearing, however, a characteristic of Yixing that most of the times made him chuckle or smile. So, it wasn’t odd that Yixing had directly told Junmyeon he had feelings for him, but it had been surprising. Junmyeon had not seen it coming, Yixing falling for him. Unfortunately, at that time Junmyeon had been dating who would later be known as the what-the-hell-was-I-thinking guy. Therefore, he had rejected Yixing, who only nodded meekly and said he understood it and would never bring up the topic again. Still, Yixing and Junmyeon remained to be friends and even managed to become best friends as time had passed.

“But you’re afraid to tell him your feelings… And that silent will be your doom, Kim Junmyeon.”

Of course, he was afraid. He couldn’t pinpoint when he had begun seeing Yixing differently, but he knew that it had happened. He knew that being with Yixing every day made him happy. That hearing his voice and laugh were one of the most beautiful melodies. That whenever Yixing complimented him, put an arm around his shoulder, gave him a hug or a kiss on the cheek, his heart would flutter, and his stomach would fill with flying butterflies. Sometimes Junmyeon even got a little jealous when he saw one of their friends getting too close to Yixing. It should only be him that Yixing should offer his lap to sit on when the bus or the subway was full, not Baekhyun, Jongdae, or Minseok. So, yes Junmyeon was in love with his best friend. But he couldn’t voice out his feelings yet. Yixing had fulfilled his promised and never brought up the topic again. Yixing had even dated some people after that. Maybe he had gotten over Junmyeon, maybe he hadn’t. Either way, Junmyeon didn’t dare to say something first. Knowing Yixing, he would probably flat out say he didn’t like Junmyeon anymore. That was who Yixing was. How many times hadn’t Junmyeon heard Yixing reject someone who he wasn’t interested in dating? Junmyeon feared he’ll be the next. Their timing hadn’t been right. But Junmyeon thought he could fix that. If he and Yixing continued spending more time together (only the two), eventually, Yixing would see what he had seen in him before, and so, Yixing’s old feelings would return. Plus, Junmyeon had a plan. Although, sometimes his attempts were not so subtle... Like walking around without a shirt from time to time in his apartment. But hey, he was doing his best.

“Your crush will meet someone very special soon. And while you keep pining for him in silence, they will fall in love for a long time… So long that your chance to be with him won’t ever come again. You’ll keep waiting forever, Kim Junmyeon.”

Junmyeon raised an eyebrow. He huffed. Yixing? Meeting someone special? Impossible. In all the casual dates Yixing had had before, it had never developed into something serious. Recently, Yixing hadn’t even been going out on any dates. And Junmyeon thought that his plan was indeed working, it was only a matter of time before Yixing confessed to him again. After all, Yixing had rejected someone’s invitation to his faculty’s anniversary dinner because he had plans with Junmyeon… That was a sign! Yixing had put Junmyeon first before one evening with some wannabe giant, mullet-wearing, musician. It was just a matter of time before Yixing voiced out what he felt for Junmyeon again, and they would be together forever. This seer must be mistaken. She was mistaken, she was nuts!

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” Junmyeon said, rolling his eyes. He wasn’t going to sit there anymore and hear whatever nonsense that woman would say. Junmyeon stood up from his chair and brought out the twenty-five thousand wons from his wallet. What a waste of time and money, he thought. This was the last time he listened to any of Baekhyun’s ridiculous ideas.

Just as Junmyeon handed the seer the money, she held his arm with her other hand. “For twenty-thousand more, I’ll give you something that’d make your crush fall head over heels for you.”

“Really? What?” Junmyeon said uninterested.

“A love potion. Its effects are instant and guaranteed. It will make all your troubles go away, and you’ll be with him forever.”

Perfect. Junmyeon first instinct had been right. Earlier he had been too naïve to believe in the woman’s ‘abilities.’ These people were just charlatans. He rolled his eyes yet again. “Listen, lady, I-”

“It’s effective. Believe me,” she said. A smirk appeared on her face, “And if it doesn’t work, I’ll give you back your money and some more for the disappointment.”

Well, what harm could there be in giving her some extra twenty-thousand wons? Perhaps she needed the money more than him. And Junmyeon liked to believe that fate would reward him for every good deed he did. “Fine,” he said.

She finally let go of Junmyeon’s arm and stood up to search in her drawers. Junmyeon grabbed more money and put it on the table.

“This is it,” the seer said, giving Junmyeon a beautiful glass bottle with an intricate pattern, there was a red sparkling liquid inside. “Make sure to give him one spoon for seven days straight. And on the eight, you have to kiss him. The moment you kiss him he’ll…”

Junmyeon’s brain didn’t capture the rest, he merely nodded along to the woman’s nonsense, but he stared at the glass bottle in his hands. It was a beautiful looking and fancy bottle. He could empty its content and gift it to his mother, who liked to collect these types of old junk. At least his money hadn’t been to complete waste.

Not so long after, Junmyeon and the seer finally left that dimly lit room and stepped out into the hallway. She guided Junmyeon and his friends out of her house now that everyone’s sessions were done. After saying their goodbyes and some final comments, Junmyeon, Baekhyun, Jongdae, and Minseok got in the car and went to pick up Yixing.

“So, what you got in there, Junmyeon? What did she say to you?” Baekhyun eagerly asked, peeking from the passenger seat.

Jongdae, who sat next to Junmyeon, took the bottle from Junmyeon’s grasp before he could even reply. “Amore, an elixir for the lovelorn!” Jongdae read out loud. He looked up from the bottle and shook his head. “Your plan to seduce Yixing isn’t working, so you bought a love potion? Tsk, tsk, tsk.”

“Really? Let me see,” Baekhyun said. Jongdae tossed him the bottle.

“Don’t be ridiculous, Jongdae,” Junmyeon retorted. “It’s not like that! You know those stuff don’t work. I only bought it for the bottle. It’s pretty, and my mom’s gonna like it. And I didn’t believe anything she said. She was wrong about Yixing and me. Those people are swindlers. Nothing was true. This is the last time I listen to you, Baekhyun.”

“Hey, she’s good, okay? She predicted I might have a near-death experience,” Baekhyun said, “Don’t you guys remember what happened a few months back?”

Junmyeon and Jongdae stared at each other.

“Yeah, your car ran out of gas on the highway,” Jongdae explained, “You called us, and we went to pick you up. Big deal. I don’t think that counts as a near-death experience. It’s not even experiencing.”

“Of course, it is! What if my phone had run out of battery? What if none of you could have come? Huh? Can’t you think about that? Without food and water, I would have starved to death, not before I froze to death.”

“You were like four kilometers away from civilization, and it was summer,” Minseok added.

“You guys will never understand what I went through until you’re in my shoes. Just wait for it, Baekhyun won’t be there to save you.”

Before any of the friends could say something, the car stopped. The door opened, and Junmyeon moved to the middle seat to give Yixing some space. After some greetings, quick questions about Yixing’s evening at his part-time job, and once everyone was buckled up, Minseok began driving.

“Guys, did you see? Yixing is not dressed up!” Baekhyun complained, “What happened to your costume?”

“My costume didn’t reach here on time. But I am dressed up,” Yixing replied, “Don’t you see? I’m a vampire. I’m wearing a cape.”

“What kind of vampire wears a denim jacket, a red hoodie, and black jeans underneath a cape?” Jongdae questioned.

“Eh, have you ever heard of Edward Cullen?”

Junmyeon laughed at Yixing’s answer. But Yixing did have a point there, he could pass a modern-day vampire. With his black hair styled down and killer dimples, Yixing was the cutest vampire of the night.

So, why did Yixing need a costume? Because tonight the group was attending a costume party hosted by one of Baekhyun’s many friends. With finals just around the corner, the friends decided to have one night out before studying like no tomorrow. It was agreed that all of them would dress up as something. Which explained why Jongdae was wearing a Gudetama onesie, Baekhyun dressed up as crime lord from ‘The Outlaws,’ Minseok was a spy from ‘Kingsman,’ and Junmyeon was clad in a red basketball uniform from ‘Slam Dunk.’ Yixing was supposed to be a Super Saiyan, but it looked like he would go as a vampire instead.

“I guess you’ll be the only one embarrassed when everyone but you at the party has a costume,” Baekhyun said.

“I can live with it.” Yixing smiled. He focused his gaze on Junmyeon. “Your costume looks good, Jun! But aren’t you cold? That basketball jersey and those shorts don’t seem warm enough.” Yixing worriedly stared at Junmyeon.

He probably would be cold when they left the warmth of the car. But the costume had been strategically chosen so Yixing could see what lovely toned calves and arms Junmyeon had. It seemed to be working because Yixing kept staring at him. Junmyeon inwardly smiled. Besides, Yixing worrying about his well-being was a bonus point. “I have my long coat and sweatpants in the back trunk, just in case. But it’s okay, Xing.”

Yixing smiled at him again. “If you do feel cold, just say the word, I can give you my jacket, or hoodie, or cape. Just say ask for it.”

Junmyeon nodded. Quite frankly he wouldn’t mind asking for Yixing to take off all his clothes… But that would be more appropriate on another chance.

“Here’s your bottle, Junmyeon,” Baekhyun interrupted them.

“Thanks,” Junmyeon spoke through his teeth. As expected Yixing reached closer to see what Junmyeon had in his hands, but Baekhyun had actually peeled off the label, to Junmyeon’s relief.

“Cool bottle,” Yixing said. “Oh right, you guys went to see that seer tonight. Did you get that there? What is it for? What did she say?”

Junmyeon gulped. “This? No, it’s just a fancy way to store my energy drink,” he laughed nervously. “She didn’t say much to me. But Baekhyun and the others have way more interesting things to tell, right Baek?”

Baekhyun peeked again and smirked. Obviously, he, they, would want something in return for their silence. Still, Baekhyun and the rest began telling what the fortuneteller had said to them earlier.

Sometime later, the five friends arrived at their destination. Yixing walked close behind Junmyeon to keep him warm, not that Junmyeon minded that proximity at all. They walked to the door and knocked. Baekhyun’s friend, Jongin, welcomed them to the house where the party took place. Pop music was playing in the background. Some students were dancing, others talked, a few were making-out.

After introducing themselves and all, Minseok gasped, “Oh, my god.”

“Baek, didn’t you say this was a costume party?” Jongdae said, “Why is nobody besides us wearing one?”

Jongin chuckled. The only thing he was wearing was a headband with bear ears, other than that, he looked stylish in his casual outfit. “We always say that, but nobody really takes it seriously and puts in much effort around here. Don’t worry, though, you guys look great!” Jongin grinned at them. “We have snacks and drinks over there. And there’s food in the kitchen. Feel free to grab anything. Mi casa es su casa.”

“Wow. I didn't know you spoke Portuguese,” Jongdae said.

“Actually-”

“!” Baekhyun interrupted Jongin, “That's French!”

“Oh for the love of god,” Junmyeon said.

Minseok shook his head, while Yixing and Jongin chuckled.

“Have fun guys!”

When Jongin had left the group of friends on their own, the guys glared at Baekhyun.

“You know what, I think he might have mentioned it was optional.” Baekhyun pushed back his sunglasses, laughing awkwardly. He scratched his head. “I’m not sure, I was too excited when he said costume party, so I didn’t pay much attention… But you heard him, we look great, don’t we?”

“Baekhyun!” Minseok said, “Seriously, this is the last time we listen to you.” Although that was like the nth time they had said it.

Even if they were the only ones with real costumes, Junmyeon didn’t mind as long as Yixing saw him. He simply shrugged when they waited for his reaction.

“Well, look at that, Edward Cullen over here is actually the most suitably dressed of us. Ironic,” Jongdae said before walking towards the living room to grab a drink.

“Wait for me, Dae,” Minseok said. He handed Yixing the car keys before going after Jongdae. Yixing usually never drank. Not only did he have a very low alcohol tolerance, but he also didn’t like the taste. So, it was always Yixing who was their designated driver.

Yixing and Junmyeon also made their way in the living room. Most of the party they stuck together. They danced together, only a little because the choice of music wasn’t exactly what Yixing preferred, or boring had he said. But at least he had been the only one to dance with Yixing. Whenever they talked to someone new or a few familiar faces, they stood side by side. As time passed, Junmyeon hadn’t drunk much, just enough to be a little tipsy. He disliked the sensation of being hungover the next day. It had occurred once, and after that, he said never again.

At some point in the night, Junmyeon had gone to the kitchen to get some food. He stumbled upon one of his old friends from high school. Thinking that Yixing would be alright with Baekhyun and the rest, Junmyeon got immersed in the conversation with his friend, catching up and more while he ate. The moment the conversation ended, he decided to walk back to the living room.

What did he see? Baekhyun conversing with a girl. Minseok chatting with a group of people. Jongdae was nowhere to be seen in the living room. And Yixing? Yixing was still sitting on the couch, but this time he was with some guy, looking all chummy and happy. Instant jealousy spread all over Junmyeon. Yixing usually flat-out rejected people hitting on him if he wasn’t interested. But now, this time, Yixing kept talking to that guy. Could this mean Yixing was interested too? Oh no, Junmyeon thought. He wanted to go there, grab Yixing’s hand, and take him away from whoever that not-at-all-good-looking dude was.

Junmyeon didn’t do anything. Why should he make a scene when he and Yixing were only best friends? It would be stupid, childish and unjustified. And Yixing wouldn’t like that. But Junmyeon had to put a stop to it, to them. Because Yixing was laughing and having a good time with whoever that buffoon was. Suddenly, the seer’s words came through Junmyeon’s head. Yixing would meet someone very special. Yixing would fall in love with him. Junmyeon would lose his chance. He almost screamed. Okay, he was overthinking. Come on, it was ridiculous. That woman’s words couldn’t be real. So, what? Yixing was talking with some guy at a party. Big deal. Nothing would happen. It was cool… Junmyeon quickly went over to grab another drink before pouring it in one go.

“Hey Jun, are you okay?” someone said beside him. Junmyeon looked up and saw Jongdae standing there.

Junmyeon grabbed Jongdae by the onesie and shook him forward. “Why did you leave Yixing alone? Look, he’s talking to some guy!”

Jongdae got himself free from Junmyeon’s grasp. He frowned, then stared in Yixing’s direction. “Wow, they’re really hitting it off.”

“Who’s that guy?!”

“He? He’s Hu Yitian! Jongin said he’s an exchange student from China. His Korean is not so advanced, though. So, I said, my friend Yixing is also from China and can speak Chinese. We introduced them to each other, and they began talking and stuff.”

“So, it was you who thought it was a good idea to introduce them to each other?” Junmyeon sent him a death glare.

“Calm down man, I’m sure Yixing is only being nice.”

“Jongdae!” Junmyeon snapped, “Have you seen him? He looks ultra-model like!”

Jongdae grinned. “Actually, I did hear he works as a part-time model in China. He’s really handsome. I mean, nobody can resist those visuals. Isn’t it great that he’s also gay?”

No, it was not. Yitian’s face was flawless, with neatly styled hair, good-looking body and he was much taller than Yixing and Junmyeon. That only made Junmyeon pour another drink on his glass. Okay, so the guy was a model from China, probably had many things in common with Yixing, and could whisper a bunch of sweets nothings in a language Junmyeon wouldn’t be able to understand. , Junmyeon cursed to himself.

“Why are you guys ogling at Yixing?” Baekhyun appeared at the scene.

“We’re not ogling, I’m just looking out for Yixing,” Junmyeon defended himself.

“How did it go with that girl?” Jongdae asked.

Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders. “She had a boyfriend.”

Jongdae huffed, “Funny, isn’t it? That’s like the second girl who says that.”

“People can have boyfriends, Jongdae.”

“Or maybe, it’s because that costume makes you look lame. I told you the fake hair extensions and beard would-”

Junmyeon sighed, “Concentrate on the important matter. Help me get Yixing away from that guy before they fall in love and start dating!”

“Junmyeon is right,” Baekhyun nodded. “We can’t lose Yixing to a new boyfriend. He’s the one who usually drives us home after partying.”

“And he brings us food from his job, and cooks for us,” Jongdae added.

Junmyeon rolled his eyes. He had a much more valuable reason to not lose Yixing, but as long as those two helped him figure out what to do because Junmyeon had nothing, he could ignore that.

After having caressed his chin for a while, Baekhyun snapped his fingers and came up with a suggestion. “I got it! Jongdae, go flirt with him.”

“Believe me, I want to,” Jongdae smirked, looking at Yitian. “If only I spoke Chinese.” He sighed. “His Korean it’s far too basic, he wouldn’t understand my moves.”

“True… Then again, your moves aren’t all that great.”

“Hey, look who’s talking? You couldn’t even get that girl’s number.”

“I told you, she said she had a boyfriend!”

“Focus!” Junmyeon intervened.

“Oh!” Jongdae raised his hand momentarily. “I know, go sit on Yixing’s lap. He doesn’t mind offering his lap for us to sit at. Just walk casually, make yourself comfortable on his lap, and put an arm around his shoulder. What more signal to send to Mister Perfect Face that Yixing is your man?”

Could Jongdae have a point there? It did sound like a reasonable idea… Okay, that was the alcohol talking. They weren’t on the subway nor the buss, and there was a free space next to Yixing on the couch. Clearly, Yixing would be taken aback by Junmyeon’s actions. “Really helpful, Jongdae. You both are oh so brilliant.”

Baekhyun huffed. “No, you know what Junmyeon? This is your problem and your fault!”

“My fault?”

“Yes, if you hadn’t been such a wuss and confessed earlier, you might not be about to lose Yixing. You two might have been together and would have come here tonight in some silly couple costume. And! You might have been able to go and freely sit on Yixing’s lap while he talked to Mister Perfect Face.”

Junmyeon took a sip of his drink. Baekhyun’s words stung. Perhaps his plan to make Yixing confess to him again wasn’t all that bright. Perhaps this was his own fault. He should have been more honest, more upfront like Yixing was. Junmyeon felt a wet sensation in his eyes. He raised his plastic cup and drank some more again. If Yixing was going to score tonight, Junmyeon didn’t want to remember it. He didn’t want to wake up tomorrow alone-

“Junmyeon, you do realize they’re only talking?” Minseok jumped into the conversation out of nowhere, startling the three friends.

“When did you get here?” Baekhyun asked, holding his chest.

Minseok laughed. “I’ve been standing behind you for a while. You guys speak too loudly. Be thankful there’s music. Otherwise, everyone across the room would have heard you. Besides, Yixing is our ride home, he wouldn’t leave us here to go with some guy… I think.”

To Junmyeon’s good luck, Yixing stood up from the couch. After looking around the room, Yixing found them and began walking towards them. Junmyeon quickly blinked until his eyes no longer felt watery, and his vision wasn’t blurred. A smiling Yixing stood in front of him now. Then Yixing squinted his eyes while he stared at Junmyeon. Nervously, Junmyeon waited for what Yixing would say. His mind haunted him with unreasonable scenarios. Was Yixing about to…

“Oh Jun, you got something stuck between your teeth,” Yixing said at last.

Junmyeon heard the others chuckle while he quickly took out his phone, put on the front camera and removed whatever it was. “We’ve been talking for minutes, and none of you could mention anything?”

The others mumbled excuses in response.

“Is it okay if I drive Yitian back to his dorm? Jongin said he could stay here, but he says he’ll be more comfortable sleeping in his own bed. I can drive us back home when I return, but I know it’d be pretty late by then. Do you mind?”

Everyone stared at Junmyeon for an answer. The other three left the decision to Junmyeon’s judgment. And while Junmyeon’s first instinct was to say no, he knew it would be too rude. He knew Yixing would be disappointed in him. So, Junmyeon nodded meekly. “Sure, it’s fine by me. You guys?”

The other three instantly nodded and agreed with Junmyeon. Yixing gave them a broad smile while he thanked them. Yixing raised his hand and motioned Yitian to come. Yitian was probably one head taller than all of them. Up-close his features were even more flawless and impressive. With a very noticeable Korean accent, yet melodic voice, Yitian introduced himself. Even while shaking hands, Junmyeon could feel how soft and tender Yitian’s hands were. Lucky bastard. And after Yixing explained to Yitian something in Chinese, he also said thank you to them in Korean.

But before Yixing and Yitian left, Yixing said, “Do you wanna come with us Junmyeon? I know the loud music for a prolonged time usually irritates your hearing.”

Oh thank god, Junmyeon thought. He feared that Yixing and Mr. Perfect Face would do something, and he wouldn’t be able to impede it. If Junmyeon were there as a third wheel, then they wouldn’t do anything. Hopefully. Junmyeon nodded and proceeded to say goodbye to the host and left the party with them. Standing underneath the doorframe, Yixing took off his denim jacket and put it on Junmyeon. “So, you won’t freeze,” Yixing said, smiling and showing his dimples, which only made Junmyeon’s heart skip a beat.

Yitian sat on the passenger seat while Junmyeon sat on the back seat behind Yixing. During the car ride, Yixing tried to include Junmyeon in the conversation about university life and such. Therefore he translated things for both, while also giving his opinion in both languages. Meanwhile, Junmyeon attempted to keep an eye on his rival. Yes, rival, because Junmyeon wouldn’t go down without a fight. No, he wouldn’t. Things might have seen lost back then, but after getting some fresh air and calmness, he knew he had to fight for his man. Junmyeon hoped Yixing would become his man.

Finally, they arrived at Yitian’s building. Oddly, before leaving the car, Yitian glanced at Junmyeon and gave him a smile before saying something to Yixing. Junmyeon didn’t understand what Yitian said, neither did he understood Yixing’s answer, and Yixing didn’t translate it either. Truly suspicious, but Junmyeon didn’t want to appear too intrusive, so he let it be.

“Do you want to sit in the front?” Yixing asked once Yitian, finally, had left.

Junmyeon nodded and went to sit in the front, carrying his ‘love potion’ with him. Yixing hit the road again to go pick up their friends.

“So, did you have a good time, Jun?” Yixing asked.

“It was okay. There were some interesting people. And I ran up to an old classmate… You and Mi-Yitian seemed to have fun.”

“Yeah, he’s great,” Yixing said, “He actually has lived in Changsha for some time. We talked a lot about that.”

Another thing to add to the list of Yixing’s and Mr. Perfect Face’s things in common. Yixing had lived in South Korea for over ten years now, even though he visited China often, it must have been interesting to meet someone who had lived there too. Ugh, Junmyeon though. Still, he had more advantage by being Yixing’s best friend, and maybe, future boyfriend. He wouldn’t lose. No, starting tomorrow he’ll gather the courage necessary to ask Yixing out properly. Yes, Junmyeon promised himself that the whole car ride.

It was the wee hours when everyone arrived at Minseok’s and Junmyeon’s shared apartment. Their apartment was the biggest one among the five friends, so most of the times they would sleep over there after a night out.

Jongdae, Yixing, and Baekhyun slept in the living room, while Minseok and Junmyeon in their respective bedrooms. Junmyeon was making himself comfortable on his bed when Yixing talked through his door.

“Jun, I think I’m gonna head back to my place. Jongdae and Baekhyun are already snoring on the couches, and Minseok instantly fell asleep after getting on the bed.”

That meant Yixing had nowhere to sleep at. Minseok had two mattresses so they would take out the extra one for Yixing. Junmyeon instantly got up and went to open the door. “Don’t go,” he said, “It’s late, and you’re tired.”

Yixing showed him a reassuring smile. “It’s fine. I’ll drive home safely.”

But Junmyeon didn’t agree. He held Yixing’s hand, dragged Yixing into his room and closed the door. “You can sleep here, Xing. I don’t mind.” Junmyeon got on the bed again, underneath the covers, and left some space for Yixing to join. He hoped Yixing would join him.

Yixing thought about it for a while, but in the end, he jumped on the bed next to Junmyeon. “Thanks, Jun,” Yixing whispered before turning around and turning off the lamp on the nightstand.

Having Yixing sleeping next to him made Junmyeon smile. Boy, wasn’t he thankful Yixing had listened, and Yixing was in his bed, not Mr. Perfect Face. This was progressing in a beneficial direction. With a fast-beating heart, Junmyeon closed his eyes and went to sleep. Hopefully, soon they would have more reasons to share a bed together.

The next day, it was the late morning when Junmyeon woke up. He woke up to an empty bed. But he knew Yixing would often wake up before everyone else and cook for them. They always told him it wasn’t necessary, but Yixing did it anyways. Junmyeon had a slight headache from last night. He rubbed his eyes and yawned. Another thing Yixing usually did, only for him, was to leave him a glass of water and aspirins. However, when Junmyeon looked at his nightstand, this time there was nothing. It was okay, though, Yixing didn’t have to do such tasks for Junmyeon.

He got up from his bed. Last night he hadn’t changed from his basketball uniform. So, now he felt sweaty and sticky. He grabbed a fresh set of clothes and went to take a quick shower. Minutes later, Junmyeon came out from the bathroom feeling refreshed and revitalized. He made his way to the kitchen. Jongdae and Baekhyun were still sound asleep in the living room, but he knew the moment the fresh smell of breakfast appeared, they’ll wake up. As Junmyeon walked past the dining table, he stopped when something caught his attention. The ‘love potion’ was open, and there was an empty glass next to it. That was odd. He wondered if any of those two dorks had drunk it during the night. Who knew what might be in that red liquid. He hoped they’ll be fine.

Junmyeon stepped inside the kitchen, but Yixing wasn’t there. He hadn’t been there making breakfast like he usually did. Perhaps something had happened, and Yixing had needed to go. Junmyeon was just about to go get his phone from his room and call Yixing when an unfamiliar noise stopped him. It had come from behind the kitchen counter.

“Yixing?” he called but got no answer except the same high-pitched sound.

Junmyeon took careful steps to the kitchen counter. He screamed. Loudly. Why? Because on the kitchen floor laid Yixing’s clothes… And peeking while wearing the t-shirt Yixing had worn last night, a baby smiled at him. A little chubby baby with black hair, a familiar face structure, and deep indentations sinking in his cheeks that reassured Junmyeon’s crazy thought: that baby was no one other than Yixing.

 

 

 

Hello~ Did you miss me? *cricket sounds* hahaha. Well, it's been one and a half month since I last wrote some sulay and I missed it TT

When 1001 Tales opened for adoptions, this prompt instantly caught my attention! So, I had to take it :3 I'm hoping, and aiming, it's gonna be a three-shot (but definitely no more than five parts). Lastly, I should warn you, this fic is/will be pretty silly as you have read hahaha. 

See you with part II another time!

 

Oh, and this is Hu Yitian for those who don't know!