BONUS

Melody brought us together.

Baekhyun assured himself that he could go through.
That what he did was right, for him, for Chanyeol.
"Congratulations, Mr. Byun."
He never expected his little bundle of joy, it was unplanned and it threw him off grid, but he's not complaining.
Melody became his life.
"Melody! Come back, little lady, I am not done-"
"But daddy! Minzi and Jinah are waiting!"
"Your hair is not even dry yet!"
"Bye, daddy! I love you!"
Boy, he never loved another like he loved his daughter.
"Bye, sweetheart. I love you too. Take care."
Though it hurt of course, being all alone, raising a growing daughter, shouldering all the pain of the questions like, 'daddy, why are you alone?', and, 'daddy, why don't i have two daddies too? like Taeoh! he has uncle Jongin and uncle Soo.' He just ignores the pang in his heart and smiles softly at his daughter, caressing her hair as he said, 'Sometimes, we need to be alone for the sake of other people's dreams.'
But at night as he lay with Melody, the child sound asleep, he would cry quietly and apologize to her.

***

To say that Chanyeol was brokenhearted was an understatement.
He felt like he was dying. He wanted to assure Baekhyun, hug him, love him. He knew he wanted to pursuit his dream, but to see and hear Baekhyun saying those things- saying that he wants to break up- he just suddenly realized that he loved Baekhyun more than his dreams.
But it was too late.
"Congratulations, Mr. Park. You have done a great job! Juliard is offering you to be one of their music professors!"
Or was it?
"..thank you for considering me, but I'd like to go home."
"But Mr. Park, this is a great opportunity. Are you sure you want to turn it down?"
"I'm sure."

***

Once that he was back in South Korea, he started to work and save up so he could build his own music academy. He tried to go back to Baekhyun too, but it seemed like the latter had cleared all his tracks- leaving Chanyeol with an empty heart, and sad songs to sing.
It took him quite long enough, but he was somewhat happy- to see his academy growing, training more aspiring musicians just like he was.
He had one favorite student, though.
"Good afternoon, Mr. Park!"
Chanyeol smiled at her, waving. But it falters when he realized who was just behind the gates.
"B-Baekhyun.." He mutters under his breath, and as if the latter heard him, he looks up, the smile he had as he looked at him melting into the shadows, his expression void of any emotion.
Baekhyun stood up, giving Melody a last wave, turned to his heels and walked away. 
Chanyeol was left dumbstruck. 

***

Baekhyun felt like he's going to break any second.
Walking away faster, he hastily wipes his tears away, not even glancing back.
He doesn't understand himself: I broke it off. Why am I like this? Why does it hurt so much?
"Baekhyun!"
No, no, no. Baekhyun ignored the calls of the voice that he missed so much, walking past people and glancing around for a taxi to hail.
"Baekhyun, wait!"
Baekhyun raises his hand and a cab stops in front of him. Chanyeol walks faster and grabs his wrist, making him face him.
"Baekhyun.."
The latter glares at him and tries to pull his arm away, but Chanyeol's grip was firm.
"Let me go."
"Let's just talk, please.."
"I said let me go."
"Baek, please, I just- I just missed you so much-"
"Chanyeol, let me go. Please."
With tears rolling down his face, Chanyeol hesitantly releases Baekhyun's wrist.
And just like that, he was left on the side walk with nothing but sad songs and a broken heart.