i like stars

i like the stars, and you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Firstly, Dahyun wasn't in the mood to socialize. The girl was kind of sad, for some unknown reason. She hasn't been talking to anyone since Physics, their first class.

Her closest friend, Minatozaki Sana, was extremely worried for her. She'd tried to ask the girl about the sudden mood change, but the girl hadn't been very responsive. It was almost like she's trying to avoid the question— it was like Dahyun was avoiding her.

 

"What happened to you? You alright?" Sana looked extremely concerned. Dahyun felt guilty. "Yeah, you know me, I'm like this when tired." Dahyun came up with a theory in her mind that her down mood was mostly because of her hopeless love for her best friend. It was going too much for too long, she doesn't know if she can hold out longer. That was the reason she avoids Sana's questioning looks, despite the want to clear out her best friend's worries.

 

"Are you sure that you're just tired? I think something's bothering you. Come on, tell me."

"Sana, I'm fine, okay? Don't worry." The smller girl exhaled and let out a very evident fake smile.

However, Minatozaki was secretly aware of what her best friend feels about her. Though she knows about Dahyun's secret, she was worried that the feelings of the other girl hinders a large part of their relationship— sharing problems and helping each other cope up with them.

She let Dahyun be, for a few hours during their other classes. 

The silence became very deafening. Walking up to Dahyun, as the girl's back is her, Sana hugged the girl. Dahyun, rather surprised about the backhug, was more surprised that she felt there were warm tears flowing out of Sana's eyes, whilst burying her face on Dahyun's neck. Despite the distorted moodshe was having, she was worried for Sana— she knows that Sana cries easily at small things, though this was never an issue in their friendship.

 

"Hey. Why are you crying?" The korean girl softly placed her head on top of Sana's, to assure that things were alright. Soft sobs were heard from Sana, at the same time, Chaeyoung walked by them and noticed that their friend was crying. Silently offering Dahyun for help, the girl refused, they had many secrets kept from the other girls, and she was worried that one of those might be the reason of Sana's outburst. Assured by Dahyun, Chaeyoung excused herself quietly to give the two some space.

 

After a few seconds, the sobs were more calmer and so was Dahyun. Sana then took the girl's hand— which shocked Dahyun, and led her to a bench outside their school building. 

"Now, can you tell me why?" She softly asked, to not put tension between them. Sana looked at her with slightly swollen eyes, then tears slowly started to fall out again. 

"Look, I know that you like me."

. She'd planned to tell her, but not at a time like this. But that wasn't the time to freak out about it. Sana should be her priority. "And..?" She wanted to know why the girl brought it up at this time— was she crying because of that? Dahyun silently prays that it isn't the reason for Sana's distress.

 

"I hate it that you keep things from me just because you like me. It worries me so much, you know? Every time you're sad and you won't tell me why, I'd need to ask Chaeyoung about it when in the first place, I should be the one to know things like that first!" Sana slams her hands which lands on her lap, tears continously flowing— Dahyun, however, could not find words to say and things to do at that moment,

"I'm sorry." To Sana, Dahyun was invisible right now. She talked as if Dahyun wasn't there. She vented out her feelings like no one was there. 

"I mean, like, it's okay that you like me, I don't have a problem with that, but I hate it that you're not honest to me anymore. You're my closest friend and I don't want you to be away from me."

 

Closest friend.

That's all I'll ever be.

 

Dahyun still needed to find words of comfort to ease the worries of the other. Though she has some difficu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter