One

Bad Girl Down

"Taehyung! Are you even listening to me?"

Ugh.

It probably wasn't the best idea, but Taehyung had spent the entire night staying up and watching a whole season of anime. This meant he hadn't had a single blink of sleep. Though he only had himself to blame, he knew he had school the very next day yet he still decided that attack on titan was more precious than education. 

"Woojin please don't bother me." Taehyung tried to drown out his best friend's babbling & return to his inviting nap. "Fine! I don't want you to listen to my super interesting story anyways!" Woojin huffed, crossing his arms and turning his head to the other side. His efforts went to vain as Taehyung showed no sign of notice, happily sleeping on the school table. 

Woojin thought it was quite extrodinary how Taehyung spent countless nights playing video games & watching anime yet still mantained his position as one of the top students. The two had been close friends ever since middle school, sharing countless of memories together. They had a small circle of friends, however Taehyung & Woojin would always be like two peas in a pod. Obviously they weren't popular. In the vast sea of faces, they were nobodies. Yet they preferred it that way. 

"Taehyung."

"Taeeehyung."

Woojin was met with silence. "Dude are you really gonna keep me hanging like this?"

It was only until he spotted a familar face approaching the door, he gleefully cackled. 

"Taehyung."

Woojin cleared his throat. 

"Joohyun just entered the class." 

In a blur, Taehyung snapped his head up. Energy suddenly jolted into him as his eyes travelled to the door immediately. It was as if an angel was in the presence of the students. There in front of the class entrance, stood Bae Joohyun. It truly was a mystery, how someone could be so breathtakingly beautiful. Doe eyes that contained sparkle inside, rose coloured lips & porcelain skin which shone in the light. How could such a person even exist? 

As always, Joohyun wore an unreadable expression on her small face. Every step she took forward mimicked the increasing heartbeat inside Taehyung's chest. However he wasn't the only one holding his breath. The entire classroom had their eyes on the cold beauty. Though it was nothing new, Joohyun always had that entrancing effect on everyone.

"Wow.." A soft gasp left Taehyung's lips as he peeked across the classroom. It was no secret to his friends that Taehyung was extremly infatuated with Joohyun. It was nothing special since there were countless of secret admirers waiting in line for her. On the other hand, Taehyung had liked Joohyun for 2 years. It was to the point that Taehyung was getting worried. He never dared to start a conversation with her or even attempt to befriend her. The only exchange they shared lasted 3 seconds when Taehyung unknowingly stood in Joohyun's way, shakily apologizing "Im s-sorry!" & dashing away. Though it was painfully embarrasing, Taehyung cherished that memory dearly, reminiscing how close he stood to her.

A smack flew at the back of his head. "Oh you're alive now?" 

"I was awake the entire time, I was just drowning you out." Taehyung glared at Woojin & nursed his poor scalp. With a sly smile, Woojin grabbed his pencil case & dramatically posed, "Oh poor Taehyung, drowning in the sea of loveee. All you need is a kiss from Joohyun and-" 

Taehyung lunged out in the speed of light, covering Woojin's mouth & ignoring the muffled noises emerging from within. A few students looked up at the questionable duo as Taehyung nervously smiled back at them, freeing Woojin from his death grip. Their attention dispersed elsewhere and the image of Woojin desperately catching his breath made Taehyung giggle. "I could have DIED." 

“If I wanted to kill you, I would’ve done it the day we first met.”  Taehyung rolled his eyes,

 

Woojin raised his brows. “If I died, who else would listen to your endless love poems for Joohyun shoved under your pillow?” 

 

A passion for writing was something Taehyung kept as a secret. Unsurprisingly, he was a hopeless romantic. Poems & bringing beauty to life in the form of words was a talent of Taehyung‘s inner self. He may seem shy & unassuming in the eyes of others, but he had a million words unspoken in his mind. His biggest muse was of course, Bae Joohyun. For her, he had written the most beautiful words & countless of sonnets. Only for her to never hear them. 

 

“You’re the only one who’s ever going to read it anyways.” a dejected sigh escaped his lips.

 

Sometimes Woojin only felt pity for Taehyung. It was kind of hopeless how his best friend just had to fall in the hands of the most popular girl in school. It wasn’t fair. He out of all people knew that Taehyung was an amazing guy. He was painfully shy at first & fit your typical nerd stereotype like the perfect shoe. However once you had a hold of him, Taehyung was a friend for life.

Woojin wordlessly patted him on the back & Taehyung responded with a small smile. Just at that moment, a loud commotion emerged outside the classroom door. It seemed to be coming from the hallways as the two turned their heads aside.

A stoic face appeared at the entrance. Broad shoulders that stood proudly & a model like figure that was envied by many

“Yo! Joohyun.” The face spoke out. 

Joohyun responded without her eyes leaving her book. “Sehun.”

All the noise seemed to be squeals & screams coming from the female students in the year below. As they surrounded him like moths to a flame, he courteously smiled & threw promises of seeing them all after class. One by one, they all unwillingly left the door & Sehun let out an exasperated breath.

“Must be nice.” Woojin muttered under his breath

Taehyung also felt a twinge of jealousy, but not for the same reason.

 

He watched Sehun easily walk to Joohyun’s table & grab a chair next to her. The two started a conversation, Sehun making animated hand gestures & Joohyun quietly nodding every now & then. 

 

Taehyung hated it. The jealousy he was feeling was undeniable. It felt invalid. 

It’s not like you had a chance.

Their interactions wasn’t something surprising either. They belonged in the same social circle & Sehun was one of Joohyun’s very few close friends. So it only made sense that Sehun could greet Joohyun so casually like that. It’s what friends do.

Taehyung looked away & started drawing scribbles on his notebook. Like routine, he ignored the tugging feeling on his heart.