Confession

Drunk confession

"Brian?

Brian Kang!" Jae yelled.

"First of all, it's Young K and there's no need to shout at me, I'm right next to you. So, what is it, Jae?" Brian replied.

Jae took Brian's hand and pulled him away from the croud.

"Well, if you would pay attention to me for once, I wouldn't have to shout at you," Jae retorted. "And it's nothing. Apparently you aren't interested in anything I'm saying anyway," he added while glaring at his bandmate.

"Hey, calm down, hyun-"

"NO, Brian, I won't calm down. You're the one who dragged me along to this party but you're only paying attention to those girls."

"Jae, I told you a few of my classmates from highschool would be here as well, so of course I'd want to chat with them. I haven't seen them for years, you know."

Jae felt anger rising up inside of him and another feeling was heavily lying in his chest, making it hard for him to breathe. Jealousy.

Without replying to his younger bandmate, Jae the spot and headed towards the exit. He looked back one last time, just to find Brian staring at him with wide eyes while confusion was written on his face. Jae shot the boy a glare and left without giving the other a chance to follow him.

 

~

 

When he finally arrived home and fished out his phone from his pocket he noticed several missed calls.

From Brian.

He didn't bother to answer them though.

 

~

 

Jae tried his best to avoid Brian the following days, but that turned out to be harder than he had expected.

His head was filled with thoughts about the younger, making it hard for Jae to stay concentrated, even more than before. Dark circles started to form under his eyes because of the sleepless nights he spent thinking about Brian and the party.

"Man, I gotta do something about this," Jae said to himself, rubbing his forehead. "I...I need to tell him how I feel...but I think I'll need a little push..."

 

~

 

Ting~

Brian's phone buzzed inside his pocket.

A message....from Jae?

He didn't know whether to feel relieved or furious.

The older had been avoiding him for a whole week without telling him why, so he had enough reason to be angry.

Nevertheless he opened the messenger.

 

Come ovr, need to tlkk. I'm inn the livnh room

 

Brian sighed.

"Oh Jesus, don't tell me he's drunk."

Groaning, he lifted himself off his bed.

"I can't believe this guy..."

 

~

 

Jae shakily got up from the couch, knocking over an empty can of beer in the process, as Brian entered the room. With unsteady steps he walked over to the younger.

"Brian...I-"

"Why have you been avoiding me?", Brian interrupted him while his piercing gaze was directed at his bandmate. "And what's with your behaviour at the party last week? You just left without a word and you didn't reply to my calls. I was worried, you know!"

Jae could only look at Brian wide eyed as he swayed on his feet.

"Nevermind...you're clearly not in the condition to talk right now," Brian continued. "For now you should get some sleep," he added.

He lifted up Jae's arm and put it around his shoulders to steady him as they started to make their way to the older's room.

 

"Brian..." Jae slurred.

"It's Young K."

"Brian, I-"

"Ahh I give up."

"-I really need to tell you something."

 

Now or never.

 

"What is it?", Brian grumbled.

Jae shifted his gaze directly to his groupmate's eyes.

"...ike you..." he mumbled.

"Yah, you need to talk more clearly or I can't understand what you're saying!"

"Brian," Jae whispered, as he took up all of his courage, "I miss you. I...I like you."

Brian's eyes widened in disbelief as he froze, almost causing him to drop Jae.

"What?" he asked. "You're drunk, Jae,  you don't know what you're saying."

"No, listen, last week when I saw you with those girls I got jealous. The way they looked at you, the way they coincidentally touched you. I just couldn't stand it anymore, that's why I left the party, that's why I was ignoring you!" Tears started to form in Jae's eyes and streamed down his face.

"I just don't know what to do with my feelings anymore," he sobbed. "I know it's wrong but there's nothing I can do against it. I wasn't planning on telling you because I didn't want to risk our friendship but it hurts...it hurts so much, Brian..."

"And...and it gets worse every day," Jae continued. "At first I was able to ignore it, but now I can't even sleep properly anymore because I can't stop thinking about being with you, hugging you, kissing y-"

Jae suddenly felt a pair of soft lips against his own. Brian was kissing him. Oh god. Was this really happening? Just as Jae was about to process what was going on, Brian retreated from the kiss.

"God, Jae, I like you too. I've liked you for so long now."

Without giving Jae a chance to reply, his lips were back on his bandmate's. They both started to smile into the kiss as their lips softly moved against each other. It felt like heaven. Brian was running his hands through Jae's hair while the other was clutching onto Brian's shirt like his life depended on it.

That was until drunk Jae lost his balance and toppled over while he was still holding onto Brian, causing the other boy to fall to the floor with him. After a moment of silence the two started laughing like maniacs.

"Yah, I can't believe you," Brian said when they finally caught their breaths. "We should probably put you to bed right now."

"Probably," the other agreed, still smiling like an idiot.

"One more thing though," Jae added. "I love you, Brian."

"I love you too, ."