Tickets

Tickets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TICKETS

 

 

It is that time of the day when your co-workers are now turning off their desktop computers after respectively saving the files before leaving.

“Chorong unnie uhh- I’ve got two tickets for that musical play you’ve been wanting to go to.” Jeong Eunji said as she rushed to the older girl’s side who’s now on her way out of their office building. Eunji really did talk to a lot of her friends just to acquire this tickets for the sake that maybe just maybe Chorong would consider going together with her. But as soon as she heard the response of the raven haired girl, Eunji thought, “Stupid. I should’ve told her that I have an extra ticket and not two tickets” and wonder on how can she possibly take back what she said to Chorong.

“Ah! Really?! Daebak. Eunji-ya~ thank you so much! I’ve been wanting to watch this with Bomi.” With hopeful eyes, Chorong is now hugging Eunji holding on to the tickets and as soon as it hits her, she immediately pulled away from the hug saying, “Uh- sorry. But is this really for me? Like both of the tickets or just one? Oh no. I’m really sorry Eunji-ya I got so carried away about inviting Bomi..” she continue to apologise and explain but the brunette stopped listening the moment Chorong started talking about her girlfriend, Eunji's bestfriend, Yoon Bomi.

 

 

Back in middle school when the three of them met, Chorong was a transferee at that time and the two same age friends, Bomi and Eunji, decided to befriend her. It was all good, they were all spending time together, doing everything together, but not until the three of them enters into college. Eunji was a scholar back then and she was given the opportunity to study abroad. Without wasting the opportunity and being the good daughter she has always been, Eunji accepted the offer. 

 

“I bet you’re missing the taste of our famous chicken feet!” Bomi said facing the computer as she tease Eunji with the food on her fingers.

“Stop that Bomi-ya!” 

“It’s okay Chorong unnie, Bomi and I are always like this remember?” Eunji tries to explain but the older one can feel how much the scholar misses being home together with them and her family.

“Anyway Eunji-ya, when are you coming back?” Bomi asked stuffing another chicken into .

“Soon.”

The trio did kept their connection by the help of the internet, they chat, they video call just to keep each other updated. But the scholar surprisingly managed to talk to Chorong separately more often than to Bomi.

“Eunji-ya, I’m really sorry about Bomi earlier.. you know how she is right? She didn’t mean to- NO she did meant to tease you. Ugh. I’m kicking her later for not thinking how much you possibly miss it here.” Chorong said non-stop as she lay down in her room holding her phone as she talks to Eunji. And that was the brunette's turning point making the girl certain of her feelings towards the her friend.

“Nah~ don’t worry unnie, I’m really fine and besides.. I’d be going home soon and I- I uhh I’ve got something in my mind that I have to tell you guys.” 

She was planning to tell Chorong about her feelings, to finally confess herself, when she gets back to Korea. 

But months later as soon as she steps foot outside the airport, she was welcomed by Chorong and Bomi. It’s not that she didn’t look forward to this since she was informed by the two but what Eunji didn’t expect is to see how her best friend, Bomi, held Chorong’s hands.. intertwined together. Carefully she slid back to her pocket the little gift she bought as it was then she knew.. she already lost Chorong to Bomi without even trying.

 

 

“No. Unnie, both tickets are for you!” Eunji said and destroying herself even more, “If Bomi won’t go, you know I’m always available.”

Chorong was so confused with Eunji’s words, it’s like she’s literally saying that it’s for her but not exactly. Yet she brushed her thoughts away and gave Eunji the sweetest smile, “Gomawo, Eunji-ya you’re the best friend ever!”

“Friend. Best friend..” The brunette repeated to herself as she watch Chorong skip her way to the elevator. Before the elevator door closes, the older girl waved goodbye and once again stir the feelings of Jeong Eunji.

 

 

Quickly as Chorong enters their place, she knocked to Bomi’s home office knowing that the younger one must be busy doing her paper works.

“Come in, love.” And without fail, Bomi is indeed working tonight.

“Bbom-ah~” she said as she sat on Bomi’s lap smiling like a kid who won a bear at an arcade.

“What is up with my Rong unnie?" Bomi said pinching Chorong’s cheeks then kissed her chin that made the older girl pout.

“I can’t believe you missed!” Chorong said and quickly gave Bomi a kiss on the lips.

“Oh. Okay now please tell me what’s wrong. This is making me anxious.”

“Nothing’s wrong. It’s just that Eunji gave me two tickets to that musical I’ve been talking to you about. And I- I was just wondering, are you available this Saturday?” She said while playing with the short haired girl’s fringe.

“Unnie.. I don’t think I can go. Remember when I told you that we’ll be starting another mission next week?” Bomi answered apologetically as it is visible on Chorong's face the disappointment that she can’t accompany her.

Bomi is working as an inspector general, she make reports about the operations and goes to field for investigations. Chorong knew that Bomi is soon to be promoted to Senior Inspector and being the good girlfriend she is, she supports the younger one despite the fact that they’ve been losing time together. “Seems like I won’t go then.” She said as she stood up from Bomi’s lap, lean in to kiss the younger one before leaving the room. 

“Love?”

“Yes?”

“You know you can go and watch it with Eunji right? It’s not like I’m stopping you.” 

What Bomi said bewildered Chorong knowing how the younger girl is the jealous type of girlfriend after dating for 7 years. Sure the two of them talked it out, Bomi tried not to think negatively over Chorong’s friends but it didn’t work. Maybe her job as a cop makes it a little harder for her to give trust to people. With that Chorong decided to just compromise for Bomi, it’s not that hard since her love for the short haired is so so much that even the thought of having just Bomi and Bomi alone gives her contentment. 

“You sure, love?” 

“Of course. She’s our friend.” The younger girl smiled, thinking about Eunji wonders her on how did the two of them lost contact and only to get news about each other through Chorong. Since the day Eunji went back to Korea something was off between the two and making the connection way more loose as Bomi started working. Workaholic, the perfect definition for Bomi. Everything she focuses on is work, her life pattern became work, family, Chorong, rinse and repeat. Yet she regrets nothing about it, not when she knew that this is for their future and with that promotion coming right up, what is there to regret?

“I’ll ask Eunji about it. Now finish what you’re doing and join me in bed afterwards.”  Chorong said shooting her famous smirk, that playful smirk that makes Bomi so soft and weak. 

“Oh I think this paper can wait.” The workaholic said as she held Chorong up in her arms and walk their way to the bedroom, kissing her girl deeply as she earned a moan that will definitely get louder as the night goes through.

 

Bomi woke up at the dawn witnessing how peaceful her girlfriend sleeps, tracing Chorong’s face with the lightest touch her fingers could give, admiring how perfect this person whom she gave her whole heart to as she softly said, “One day, love. I’d be the one taking you to any musical you wanted to go to.”  Carefully she untangled herself from the older girl’s embrace, slowly to make sure of that she won’t wake Chorong up. Putting on her clothes, she looked back to their bed admiring once again how such beautiful creature like Chorong fell for someone like her. “She deserves so much better..” Bomi thought as she tuck the sleeping beauty in bed and kissed her forehead goodnight before going back to her home office and finish up her work.

 

 

It was during college when Bomi and Chorong get to finally be a little closer to each other and even more closer as the two of them moved in together and became roommates as they go to the same university. Bomi would do the simplest yet the sweetest thing a roommate would do. Like waiting for the older girl’s dismissal just to be able to go home together with her. 

“Bomi-ya, you know you can always go home first right? Especially when your classes ends earlier than mine.” Chorong would say and Bomi will only answer her with, “But you are home and I wanted to be by your side.” 

And when there were thunderstorms, Bomi would casually walk to Chorong’s room and ask, “Chorong unnie are you okay?” Hearing no response, she knew exactly what to do. “Here let me hold you.” Bomi would say as she scoot herself in Chorong’s bed and open her arms only to receive a tight hug from the older girl. Then Bomi would just repeatedly say, “It’s okay unnie, don’t be afraid I’m by your side.” 

Or whenever Chorong gets sick, Bomi would go cut her classes and take good care of the raven haired, she makes her soup, place a cold towel on her forehead to ease the fever down, buy the medicines that Chorong needed, and hell Bomi would even ask her roommate’s classmates about the lessons that older girl missed.

“What would I do without you, Bomi?” Chorong would ask whenever the younger one changes her towel and Bomi would just smile and say, “Never gonna happen. You know I’d always be by your side.” 

Then one day it was Bomi who caught the flu, she tried the hardest to hide it as she didn't want to bother Chorong. But the moment she opened her eyes and scanned the place, she knew she ed up. “The nurse’s clinic.” she thought and immediately sat up straight ready to leave but only to be stopped by Chorong whose eyes are so dark, is it hurt? or maybe sadness? disappointment? Bomi can't really tell but her stare gives off the vibes that would make the short haired obey anything the older girl say.

“Stay here. Let me call the nurse.” 

The school nurse walked in and check up on Bomi, “You passed out earlier. Bomi-ssi, you should never force yourself whenever you are sick. You’re lucky that Chorong-ssi here found you and immediately took you in.” And after giving the medicines needed and explaining what happened, Bomi was left with no one other than Chorong who’s expression was unreadable. “Yoon Bomi.” 

Bomi swears that she could die right now with Chorong’s cold and stern voice. “Unnie I’m sorry.”

“I found you unconscious, Bomi. Now tell me how would you feel if that was me?” Chorong asked but more likely stating that she’s so pissed off and the sick girl lying in bed could only say nothing but, “I’m really sorry.”

“Just.. just stop being so selfless, Pabo.” Chorong said as she held Bomi’s hand holding it firm before saying the phrase that caught the short haired off guard, “Date me, Yoon Bomi.”

“Unnie?” Bomi asked again trying her hardest to grasp that Chorong, her Chorong unnie, just asked her out.

“I said, date me. I’m not asking but I’m telling you to date me, Bbom-ah.” Chorong stated as she closed her eyes and buried herself behind Bomi’s hand that she’s been holding for a while now.

“‘Bbom-ah'. I like the sound of that.. so yes.” the short haired answered as she tries to remove her hands from Chorong to see a clearer view of the woman that she’s dating for a minute and forty seven seconds now.

“That’s it?! ‘yes’?” Chorong who’s mood changed a hundred and eighty degrees as she lets go of the younger one’s hand and started ranting about, “Do you even know.. how long it was for me to held back and wait for you to confess first? Hell it was so obvious how you liked me but how shallow am I not to realise a bit earlier that you’re so timid and stubborn and won’t confess anytime soon? So here I am. Being the big one to step up for this relationship to start because I love you, Yoon Bomi. And I don’t think I can just watch and relax and wait until this Pabo right here confess to me because she probably won’t and now all she’s telling me is that she liked how I call her ‘Bbom-ah' so ‘yes’? Ah. I must be really blind to-” to stop her rampage of words, Bomi locked her lips to Chorong’s. Smiling with a hint of chuckles, the kiss eventually tamed the angry bunny as it was reciprocated and the two of them savour the sweetest moment the they must’ve been waiting for too long. They pulled away and Bomi was cupping Chorong’s face as she pressed their foreheads together and softly said the words she knew the raven haired has been wanting to hear, “Chorong unnie, I love you. I love you so much. And thank you for officially letting me stay by your side.”

 

 

Stretching as she woke up, Chorong glance towards her side seeing how empty the bed is, “when will I ever woke up with her peacefully sleeping beside me again?” Softly she asked herself as it has always been that way, Chorong would sleep earlier than Bomi and woke up later than Bomi. Slowly it's became a tiring routine but whenever this thought passes through her mind, Chorong would simply think about the fact that Bomi is so loyal to her knowing that between her sleeping and waking hours, the younger girl would sleep and cuddle together with her in between.

Walking out the room Chorong saw one struggling woman facing the mirror. “Good morning!” 

“Hey love? I- I prepared you breakfast. I- ugh goddammit.” Bomi slumped back to their sofa throwing on the side her necktie that she’s been battling with. 

“You’re in war with your tie again?” Chorong chuckled as she walks closer to Bomi who’s pouting like an eight year old. “Here let me help you.” After picking up the necktie, she sat comfortably at Bomi's lap as the younger one wrapped her arms around Chorong’s waist.

“Did you slept well?” She asked as she watch Chorong fix her tie.

“Hmm. Of course I did.. but I just wish we could spend more time together. Like waking up together and all that.” Chorong explained, quite nervous that her childish action would make Bomi mad but surprisingly, the younger one just pressed their foreheads together saying, “I’ll make it up to you, love. I promise.”

 

“Chorong unnie!” Eunji greeted as soon as Chorong came to the office. 

“Oh right! Jeong, are you free this Saturday?”

“Is Bomi really that busy?” She asked sounding as disappointed as ever with how Bomi’s been treating the raven haired. But tried to cover it up as she held Chorong’s arm saying, “I am very much available for you unnie! Now let’s go get your daily dose of caffeine.”

 

The week went fast and perfectly fine as normally as it could. 

And it’s finally the day that Jeong Eunji has been waiting for as she quickly fix the stuff on her desk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter