Final

Back Again (I Don't Want To Forget)

Baekhyun stepped from the run-down tattoo shop, his hood pulled far over his head. He strode quickly down the street, a bag hidden under his jacket, heading toward a house uptown from the shop.

He suddenly crashed into someone.

'Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to,' a deep voice said worriedly. 'Did I hurt you? Are you okay?'

'I'm fine,' Baekhyun said coldly.

'Oh, good.' Wait....he knew that voice.

'Chanyeol?' He looked up in shock. 'What are you- go away!'

He tried to escape, but his ex-boyfriend held him back. 'Baekhyun? Baekkie, wait! Baekkie, let me apologize.....'

'Let me go!' 

He glanced aside to see his brother come put of the shop and freeze when he saw Chanyeol. 

'Sehunnie! Help!'

Sehun pulled a small bucket of popcorn out of his pocket and popped the lid off. He pulled out a piece and put it in his mouth.

Baekhyun made a strained sound of anger, struggling against Chanyeol's grip.

'Please listen to me,' his ex begged. 'Please?'

Baekhyun sighed. 'Fine. Start from the beginning.'

 

'When I met you in middle school, you had a girlfriend. Taeyeon. Lovely girl, but I was so jealous. I wanted to be near you, so I did something stupid. I bullied you.

Then Taeyeon met Tiffany. She broke up with you, and I saw a chance. I apologized and we became friends.

When we were in our junior year I confessed to you. Remember?'

 

The tall, gangly boy approached Baekhyun nervously. 'Hey, Baek?'

Baekhyun closed his locker. 'Yeol! Hi! What's up?'

'I hope this doesn't sound weird, but...'

'Yes?'

The taller took a deep breath. 'I like you. A lot.'

 

 

'We started dating, and that was the happiest time of my life. I was crazy about you. But then, in your senior year, you started smoking.

'I told you no. I wouldn't date anyone who was on drugs. I begged you to stop, with no results. You just kept on.

'I reported you to your parents, but they just told me to take care of it myself. They were a little angry that you were dating a guy.

'Then one day, you came to my house high. AGAIN. That was when I hit you.

'You laughed, just laughed like it was the best joke in the world. I shoved you to the floor in anger.

'When your mind was cleared the next day, I came to you and hit you again, stating that I was breaking up with you.

'I'm so sorry, Baekkie. Can you forgive me, please?'

 

Baekhyun blurted out somethingthat surprised even himself.

'I want to go back in time, Chanyeol, and avoid you. Never become your friend, so I would never know you liked me. I fell in love with you, Chanyeol, and you hurt me.'

'I want to go back in time, too,' Chanyeol said softly. 'So I could try to understand you better, try to be gentler and more patient. So this wouldn't have to happen.'

Baekhyun stared at him.

Chanyeol stared back.

Then, slowly, Baekhyun reached out and took Chanyeol's hands. He looked up into Chanyeol's eyes....and smiled.

'You are forgiven, Channie.'

Chanyeol hugged him tight, pressing Baekhyun to his chest like he would never let him go. 'So are we dating again, Baekkie?'

'Oh, alright,' Baekhyun said in faked annoyance, but it was muffled in Chanyeol's embrace. 

'Thank you,' Chanyeol whispered.

Sehun smiled in satisfaction as he swallowed the last piece of popcorn. 'Cute.'

 

Little did Baekhyun know, five years later he would be married to Chanyeol and they would have a beautiful little son, Kai......but his story is for another day.