I S A W I T

The Day
Please log in to read the full chapter

3

I Saw It.

{Byun Baekhyun}

"Baek, calm down!" Chanyeol screams, throwing the man atop the small hospital bed in despite of his injuries.

The man watches as Baekhyun sputters- tears in his eyes. His head pounds, and all he can do is hold it in his hands. "I saw it. I saw it. This can't be happening," Baekhyun starts. "Park-!"

Chanyeol grabs Baekhyun's wrists, prying them away from his head. The Byun looks like a deer in headlights as he shifts his gaze towards an upset Chanyeol, eyes wide and heart pounding. He tries ripping his arms out of the man's grasp- but his strength is no match with his injuries. Baekhyun looks around the small area closed off by curtains- paranoid. 

"What happened in there?" Chanyeol asks, "What's wrong, Baek?"

"Park, Park..." Baekhyun calls in a scared daze, the name sounding like a curse. "Park, didn't you see him? That was Ji Sung-!"

"Who?" The ravenette questions immediately. His eyes narrow with confusion, taking the Byun aback. "Look, just calm down, follow my breathing," 

He starts breathing in and out in a pattern, but Baekhyun's own breathing is too rapid- his mind running with too many questions to concentrate on anything. 

Fear. He's completely overtaken by a sense of fear- hairs standing on edge. The boy feels sick to his stomach as blurts his thoughts out towards Chanyeol. "He was there with us... in the waiting room." 

Chanyeol's eyes widen at this information. Baekhyun's frown deepens as the man pulls his hands away slowly, cautiously. His stunned features make the Byun weep even more than he already is. Unexpectedly, Chanyeol crouches down beside Baekhyun's bed- matching their heights as best as possible. He waits as the older wipes away his fearful tears. "Baek. Look at me."

Baekhyun's movements slow. He glances at the other through long lashes, breathing unevenly as Chanyeol takes his hands into his own. 

"There was no one in that room with us."

The words pierce Baekhyun's skin like a double-sided sword in search of blood. Fear, confusion, disbelief- everything pumps through his veins at the same time. Chanyeol's rough voice plays through his mind over and over again- an everlasting bitter sound. Overwhelmed by this new information, Baekhyun raises his hands to his temples, shaking his head in disbelief. His body reacts to his frustrations- tears b his eyes. Chanyeol watches with a pitiful look as Baekhyun sobs into his hands- the image of Ji Sung floating through his mind.

The man who lit up a room with his smile was suddenly a demon in Baekhyun's eyes. 

"Park, he was there." Baekhyun insists. "I swear. His tattoo... it was the same as the guy on the stretcher. "

Chanyeol's eyes widen at this new piece of information. It registers to him quickly- an unbelievable tale that he never thought he would come across. It couldn't be- things like this never happened in the real world. Even as someone who believed in things like spirits, Chanyeol's ears ring with an indescribable feeling of something. The gears of the Park's mind begin to turn- absorbing everything Baekhyun had said as if it was oil. The intake of his words ring sirens- the word DANGER! flashing in the pit of his stomach. His eyebrows furrow with sweat

Please log in to read the full chapter