Prologue

GAMMA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue

~

A chilled breeze passed over the dark street, the only light belonging to a lamp post, which glowed a warm amber. The alumination cast a shadow over the lone figure who stood beneath it, a cigarette clasped between his fingers. Placing the cigarette between his lips, the figure pulled the sleeve back from his long cloak, to reveal the gold varnished watch clasped around his wrist. They should be here by now, he thought. Not so often would he pay mind to a deadline, but in the instance of the past few weeks, punctuality had become a priority. Time was fickle after all.

“Jinyoung…” Came a hushed voice, and the figure looked up. The moon captured a bleak silhouette standing across the street from Jinyoung, by a corner house.

“Boa?” He felt the husk in his throat as the breathy word escaped him. Dropping the cigarette from his mouth, he pulled on his talisman. “How can I be sure it’s really you?” He called loader, but hushed enough so as not to disturb the humans who were sleeping soundly. The silhouette giggle softly, before advancing toward him.

“It’s over now Jinyoung...but if you must, ask me anything.” She told him, and slowed to a stop when he didn’t lower his hand.

“What familiar was locked in a cage inside my office the first time we met?” The most miscellaneous of details to anyone else, but if it were really her, Jinyoung knew she’d remember.

“A fox, with blue paws…” She crossed her arms, letting the heaving of her chest even for the first time since she got there.

“It’s you...good. Where is Hyun Suk Hyung?” He questioned, stowing his previously outstretched arm beneath his cloak.

“Bringing the girl, he should be here by now.” Boa sighed, turning from her colleague, toward the corner house. “Are we sure she’ll be safe here? I mean the Institute could care for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter