Forever And Always

please don't leave me

The night of Jimin and Jungkook's 2 year anniversary, Jungkook was running late to their dinner reservation. Later than any other of the dates they had before. Jimin was starting to worry because there's no way Jungkook wouldn't call in advance if he were to be late. There was a pit in his stomach that he was starting to fear. Nothing good ever came from these feelings.

When a call finally came, Jimin couldn't be bothered to check the caller ID, praying to everything that it was Jungkook telling him he was running late and he was almost here.

Jimin would never have been prepared for what came next. It was Jungkook calling but it wasn't his voice. A woman on the other side of the phone asked him to confirm if he was Park Jimin. She said that Jungkook– his Jungkook, his wonderful, caring and loving boyfriend, was in the hospital.

"There's been an accident. He's in critical condition and currently undergoing surgery."

The whole world came tumbling down on Jimin.

He didn't know what else he could to but run to Jungkook's side and be with him. So that's what he did. Jimin ran out of the restaurant, hoping he owner would understand, and to his car. He prayed. Prayed that everything would be okay, that Jungkook would come out of this alive, that they would be able to be together for more years to come. That he would be able to kiss his Jungkook and tell him he loves him again and again. To be able to take him out on cute dates and do cringey, cute couple stuff.

Running up to the front desk of the hospital, Jimin could not shake the sickening feeling in his heart. Could not shake the dread in his stomach that was making him nauseous. He was sweating now, from what he didn't know but he didn't care. All he needed was to know how Jungkook was, to see him and touch him.

To know he is alive.

It was hours before Jungkook came out of surgery and even more before the doctors allowed him inside the room to see him.

Jungkook was asleep when he walked into the room. A rush of relief filled his veins upon seeing Jungkook on that bed. He sat by his bed for a few minutes before a doctor came in. One look at his face and Jimin could tell it wasn't going to be good news. He was afraid of the worst, would Jungkook have amnesia and forget their years of shared memories? Would he be paralyzed or wake up blind? He could deal with those, because he would still be there with him, alive.

Jimin, however, was not prepared for the news he was about to receive.

"Mr. Park, I'm sorry to have to tell you this.. but your boyfriend was severely injured in the accident. He has major head trauma on top of multiple broken bones. He's alive however, he's slipped into a coma. We're afraid he has very little chance of waking up ever again."

The gravity of the situation was too much for Jimin. He completely broke inside. In less than a second, his entire world was taken from him. He felt like all the color in his life was gone, everything was just black and white. Jimin sobbed right there in that hospital room.

The doctor had long left, having to deal with other patients, and Jimin was left alone with Jungkook. He was sitting beside Jungkook now, his sobs quiter now but tears were still falling from his eyes. Everything inside him wanted to ignore the doctors words, wanted to believe that there was still hope and that Jungkook would open his eyes soon.

That night he held onto Jungkook's cold hand tight, praying that somehow he would feel him move or tighten his grip. That he would be given at least a snall sign that he would awaken.

He was still crying when he fell asleep, still gripping Jungkook's hand. His world went dark.

It was only when he heard the opening of the door did Jimin wake up. A part of him wished that when he woke up this would all be a horrible nightmare, and that when he opened his eyes he would see Jungkook's eyes staring at him with that look full of love, like he always did.

When he looked up to nurse who had walked in, Jimin noticed she had a box in her hands. He eyed it cautiously but curiously, looking to the nurse again for answers.

"Hello Mr. Park." The nurse calmly said while Jimin just acknowledged her with a nod of his head. "In this box are some of Mr. Jeon's possessions that were recovered from the site. Whenever you are ready, you may look through them. Please don't push or rush yourself and if you need me I'll be right outside that door." The nurse bowed before leaving but Jimin didn't pay her much attention. If he were honest he had stopped listening halfway through.

These were the items Jungkook had on him yesterday. Jimin could already feel his tears returning, but he pushed on and reached into the brown box. The first thing he took out was Jungkook's jacket. The large black jacket was his favorite, and simultaneously it was Jimin's favorite jacket. Jimin noted it still smelled like him. A teardrop rolled down his cheek as he put the jacket on, wanting to feel Jungkook's warmth again.

He reached in again, this time pulling out a small black box.

Jimin's heart dropped, already dreading what it could be. Inside was a beautiful ring that Jimin guessed cost a fortune. He picked the ring up carefully and studies it with shaky fingers. Engraved on the inside of the ring were the words "Yours Forever & Always. 11/08/15". Jimin felt his heart stop as he read those words.

That was their anniversary. He was most definitely crying a river then, putting the ring slowly on his ring finger. When he looked at the box again, Jimin saw a small piece of paper peeking out. He took it out carefully and unfolded it to unveil a small note in Jungkook's messy scrawls.

For the love of my life, my moon, my stars, and my angel. I hope to spend the rest of my life with you by my side. I hope to be the one to make you happy forever. I hope to be able to be the one to receive all you're love from now on, and to give you all of me.

Jungkook

Realization fell on Jimin hard. This was supposed to be a proposal. Jungkook was going to propose to him last night. He wanted to so badly for Jungkook to wake up, because he would have said yes. He wants so much to spend everyday of his life with him. To be able to call him his husband proudly.

And now he can't.

And that stabs at Jimin's heart like a thousand knives.

He doesn't think he look through everything in this box right now. Jimin reaches in to grab one last thing before he goes back to sitting by Jungkook. The final object he grabs is rather odd. It was a small USB that Jimin had seen Jungkook use a lot. He was confused as to why Jungkook was carrying it with him. Slipping the USB into his pocket, he closed the box and returned to sit by the bed.

The nurse came in to inform him that visiting hours were over and recommended for him to go home to bring over some things if he wanted to stay overnight in the lobby before visiting hours resumed. Hesitantly, he obliged heading home for some clothes and phone charger. His phone had long died and he was sure his friends were probably freaking out about their whereabouts.

Already, Jimin didn't want to tell them about what happened– it would make everything more real. He reached into his pocket to check for his keys when he felt the USB, a reminder of the box that sits on the kitchen table. Jimin pulled it out and examined it before he slowly walked over to his laptop to plug it in.

There were a lot of folders with pictures and videos filled with him. Jimin didn't have anymore tears left in his body to shed. What had caught his eye was a lone video outside all the folders and files labeled For Jimin that Jimin clicked on.

Immediately he was met with Jungkook looking at the camera. His eyes which had just stared at him earlier yesterday afternoon. Those lips he had kissed, that hair he had ran his hands through. The hands he had held thousands of times. Everything reminded him of Jungkook and everything hurt.

The video was a compilation of moments Jungkook had apparently gathered over the years of their relationship, even before they started dating. All the while Jungkook's voice could be heard talking.

Hi love.. It'll probably be really awkward watching this but I just.. need you to see this and listen to my feelings. I know you know how bad I am at expressing my feelings in words. Do you remember the day we met? That day I knew I fell in love with you and only you. I knew that you were the only person I could ever want, the only person I wanted to be with forever. Remember all the excuses I made just so I could take pictures and videos of you when you caught me red handed? The day I asked you to be my boyfriend I told you something that I will always hold true. I promised you to always be there for you. I promised to always love you with everything I have.

Forever and always.

I will always, always love you Jimin. And there's nothing in the world that could stop me. Do you know how happy I was when you accepted me? I couldn't believe someone so wonderful loved me back. But you did. You're my everything Jimin.

I guess that's why I started collecting images to use for this video.. Jimin, I want to grow old with you. I want to have those stupid arguments we have like if waffles or pancakes are better or which actor is cuter. I want to adopt a bunch of dogs and maybe start a family with you. I want to wake up to you're face everyday, I want to hold you close to my heart every night. I want to be there though all your hardships and achievements.

I want to be the one for you. I want to be yours forever.

I want to marry you.

So, will you do me the honors, make me the happiest man on earth, and marry me Park Jimin?

By the time the video ended, Jimin was empty. He couldn't cope anymore. He truly lost a piece of his heart. How was he to cope when he couldn't hold his love in his arms anymore?

How could he when the one person he gave his everything to was gone.

The ring fitted in Jimin's finger served as a reminder of what could have been, of Jimin's dreams and could be future.

He returned to the hospital later, knowing he had to speak with the doctor.

Jimin couldn't afford to keep Jungkook alive. Couldn't afford to keep him alive, but still somehow dead. Jungkook got paler by the minute, colder by the second. His heartbeat was slowly dying.

One last time he sat by his lover, one last time he looked at his face and held his hand.

One last time he kissed his lips, his eyes, his cheeks, his nose.

 

"You promised Kook, that'd you be here forever. That you'd love me forever. So why did you leave me?"

 

One last time he shed tears in that plain white hospital room.

 

"I love you Jungkook. Forever and always."


One last time he told him he loved him.

 


And then Jungkook was gone.

He took Jimin's heart along with him.