End.

Secret Valentine

  

a/n: unfortunately... it did not revolved around magical coffees and such as i would hope for. this story revolved around cheesyness and all that fluffiness..enjoy~!

 


 

 

February 14, 7 am.

 

Sungmin busied himself wiping dry the glass and cups behind the bar while sitting on a high stool, hips swaying the movable round stool once in between cleaning and whistling to the tune of Super Junior’s song: Black Suit.

Not far from the bar, Hongbin is engaged in sweeping the floor while singing and dancing to the tune coming out from his mobile device inside his pocket. The dining personnel was too engrossed that he didn’t know someone who had witnessed the exaggerated dancing and soft mumbling of the lyrics of an unheard tune, shakes his head and goes back to wiping the counter tops where delicious pastries are displayed.

Kyuhyun, the pastry personnel, silently wipes every nook and cranny of the shelves and counter tops while deep thoughts ran through his mind. He quietly displayed the pastries in a beautiful and neatly manner, took one last look before walking out of the counter and strutted his way towards the bar.

 

“Minnie,” he called.

Sungmin who just placed the glasses he had wiped under the bar, stood up and blinks seeing Kyuhyun standing in front of him, his elbow is placed on top of the counter while supporting his head, looking as greasy as he could get, obviously sending a malicious signal to the not-so-oblivious bartender who acts oblivious to the other.

“Hey, Kyu.” He simply replied and quietly wipes the counter, eyes rooted to the granite countertop.

“Uh… I was thinking—” Kyuhyun nervously starts an almost conversation but was quickly interrupted by the bartender.

“That’s bad, Kyu.” Sungmin abruptly stops the pastry chef before he could finish his sentence.

“What’s bad when you don’t even let me finish, Minnie?” Kyuhyun asked, pouting.

Sungmin sighed. “I obviously know what you’re going to say.”

“H-huh? You do?” Kyuhyun now look dumbfound—and nervous, his sideburns started to sweat.

“U-huh.” Sungmin proudly answered and crosses his arms after placing down the dirty towel on top of the table and looks straight at Kyuhyun’s shaky eyelids.

“You’re letting me taste your new product again, right?” Sungmin stated, walks over to Kyuhyun and holds both of the chef’s shoulders. “I’m on a diet starting today so, no. thank you. Ask Wookie instead. I’m sure he’ll love to help you.” After saying his piece, he taps both Kyuhyun’s shoulders and walks off and goes inside the locker room.

Kyuhyun was then left dumbfounded. After a good while—that lasted quite a while, he laughed confounded, unable to produce a better way to console his pride and glory: his heart.

Ryeowook, who had witness the tragedy of his best friend, walks over and taps the back of Kyuhyun who still continuous on laughing out of his wits.

“Don’t worry, Kyu. I’ll eat everything you cook ‘cause I support you.” The sweet, little cashier, plastered his sweet—too sweet smile then walks to the locker room too, following their weird front liner who loves turtles and sticking to his best friend, Yesung.

Kyuhyun, who got another astounded advice he got from two people he cared so much almost worn him out of energy but he must think positive so he held back his composure, his natural arrogance and cool aura starts to come out as he run his plan b inside his head, thinking of another way of asking a pink bunny out on valentine’s day.

 

February 14, 8 am.

 

Jaejoong beautifully woke up from his bed and stretches out his sore and tired body awake while he groans as he does so. When he felt like he can finally stand up, he did and walked straight to the adjoining bathroom inside the room and takes his time in bathing and cleaning himself thoroughly, not leaving any impurities behind his ever so flawless and spotless body.

Once done, he headed straight back to bed with his body wrapped around a bathrobe and hair still wet and fresh.

He sat on the side of his bed and softly leaned down to kiss the part the lips he likes the most toward the sleeping person who had slept next to him and made him feel warmed last night.

Little did he know, that person who has a lovely mole on the left side of his upper lip is already awake upon smelling the freshly bathe beauty. He then quickly snakes his arms around the robed body and twirl it around, making a soft puff sound coming from the bed and a groan from the smaller man, now under the security of the strong arms of his beloved, Yunho.

“Yunho,” Jaejoong called, blushing hard. His hands unknowingly found its place on the muscular chest of his lover, placing over an inch space between them but nevertheless, an inch is an inch. Oxygen slightly passes through holes so small.

Yunho, on the other hand, feel satisfied seeing the reaction coming from Jaejoong, smirks and quickly chaste a kiss from Jaejoong’s full lips. He heartily laughs when his kiss made Jaejoong’s lips to pout.

“Good morning, Jaejoongie.” Yunho greeted that made Jaejoong scoffed. He then lowered his head to the latter’s neck and sniff his fresh scent and kissed a small part to tease, earning a moan and a groan afterwards to the beauty underneath his hold.

Yunho chuckled as he returns his body back up, meeting Jaejoong face to face.

“Why do you look as beautiful as ever, Jae? I find you getting more beautiful each day. I wonder what causes that, may I ask?” Yunho asks and his lips quickly curve a smile when Jaejoong pushed him off with force that made him the one who is now in between the bed and his beautiful lover on top of him.

“I’m not beautiful, okay? I am handsome, Yunnie. You got that?” Jaejoong stated, matter-of-factly that made Yunho laughs and that made the bed shakes as well as Jaejoong who towers on top of him.

Yunho then cups Jaejoong’s face and pull him closer, another inch space away from what was about to happen next.

“Jae,” Yunho called in a manly Gwangju accent. His hot breath tickled Jaejoong’s senses that made him blush once again. This time, red hue is clearly visible in his face, especially in his ears and cheeks.

“No matter what you say, to me,” Yunho paused as he circled his right thumb to the small part of Jaejoong’s smooth, red cheek then continuous on.

“You are beautiful. Inside and out. And that’s final, alright?” Yunho stated, and finally closes that inch distance to kiss Jaejoong’s full lips in an intoxicating, exhilarating, and cloud-nine kiss that made Jaejoong melt one more time.

They spend the next hours completely strapped to the four corners of the bed, not wanting to do anything other than cherishing each other all over again.

 

 

 

February 14, 11 am.

 

Jaehwan, for the nth time blinks his eyes, staring at the ceiling for the past hour he had woken up. He was waiting alright. It has been one hour, fourteen minutes, and 22 seconds and counting but still, his phone is not ringing underneath his pillow beside him.

Last night, he went to bed very late as he was busy talking on the other line of his own bed, just two blocks away from their house. The other party, who, although hasn’t been talking much over the phone, promised him that he will call first thing in the morning. So, although Jaehwan was supposed to be dead sleeping till this late morning, his eyes are wide awake and waiting for the call to happen. But, it has now been one hour, forty-two minutes and 6 seconds but still no call is transmitting. With a sullen face, he sits up on his bed and was about to cry when the door of his bedroom burst open with a loud thud. The culprit is none other than his brother who looks like he didn’t like walking in to his room and tossing him the cordless phone onto his lap.

“I was about to go out because Donghae has been asking me every damn second where I am but mom just walked over to me and ask me to give you the phone because a certain angry lion is calling. What happened to your phone? Did it break?” Hyukjae, who is dressed colorfully and stylishly changes his expression from irritated to concern once ending his speech.

Jaehwan just swiftly witness the sudden change from his brother’s face and tone of his voice because, upon registering the last words of his brother in his system, he gasps and quickly looks for his phone and wails when he had witnessed the future death of him that is coming soon. His phone is dead and he doesn’t have a clue. He didn’t even check whether it still has battery left but, as he is dumb—most of the time, and not all the time—he forgot to check it upon waking up earlier.

He smacks his head and quickly strode over to his desk to look for his charger and quickly charge his phone before going back to his bed, the cordless phone in his grasps.

Hyukjae, who had witnessed every single thing, shook his head and without a word, walks out and closes back the door.

 

Jaehwan, took a heavy sigh and shakily bring the phone close to his ears.

“H-hello?” he cried.

Jaehwan then heard a sigh.

“Why didn’t you charge your phone last night before you sleep, Jaehwan?” said an authoritative voice on the second line.

Jaehwan pouted.  “I-I must’ve fallen asleep right after. Leo, I’m sorry—”

“That’s all you have to say to me?” Leo raised his voice, making Jaehwan flinches in fear. “I’ve called you almost a hundred times—if not, more than a hundred and you still didn’t answer you goddamn phone! Then, I called your home to check on you and obviously, you didn’t know I am calling you for almost over an hour now. Now, what do you except me to—” Leo abruptly stops upon hearing sniffles coming to the other line.

“Jaehwan?” he called out, his voice tone down big time. He is angry no more. One sniffle and it took all of his anger away.

“I—I… I woke up early…” Jaehwan paused to sniffle back his tears before continuing.  “I waited for your call that didn’t come. I thought you already forgot your promise but it was me who forgot to check my phone first.” Jaehwan then stops to heave a sigh.

“I’m sorry, Leo. I didn’t mean to, okay? Will you forgive me?” he pleaded.

And, what would Leo did? A sniffle took his anger away. What more a guilty plea from a cute crying, dumb kid? Of course, a lion is not so very cold hearted. He has a big heart for the stupid kid two blocks away from his house.

“I…” Leo paused then sighed. “I forgive you. But next time, don’t forget to check your phone, alright?”

Jaehwan, who finally hear Leo’s forgiveness jumps for joy and peppered the phone with smooches.

Leo chuckled on the other line.

“Just don’t forget about this time, okay?”

“I won’t!” Jaehwan shouted giddily. “I’ll definitely, one hundred and one percent will go!” Jaehwan stated and for the last time, peppered the phone with kisses before ending the call. He then quickly moves around his room, looking for clothes to wear.

 

February 14, 12 noon.

 

Hyukjae ran as fast as he could towards his and Donghae’s meeting place. He then abruptly stops upon seeing the one who has been waiting for him at the top of the subway stairs. With a sigh, he courage his way up in normal, slow motion with his head bow so low.

“Hyukkie?”

Hyukjae closes his eyes upon hearing his nick being called by his former best friend, now lover and slowly ascends the stairs until he saw Donghae’s shoes in front of him.

“Hyukk—”

Hyukjae, who didn’t let Donghae finish calling his name over again, rose up from bowing low and awkwardly smiled.

“I-I’m sorry. I’m late.” He quickly apologized.

Donghae beamed a smile at him, making Hyukjae’s heart felt like it had been stabbed with a huge pin. He felt sorry for being so awkward. Well, who wouldn’t be when it hasn’t been twenty-four hours since their relationship changes from friends to lovers.

It just so happens that they suddenly realize all that very toothy sweet gestures and extra tender and loving care has silently escalated to admitting their hidden, strong feelings towards each other. And they kissed too. So definitely, that’s awkward.

“It’s okay, Hyukkie.” Donghae graced a toothy smile and held out his hand to the awkward and nervous Hyukjae in front of him.

Hyukjae then look at him, dumbfounded and Donghae chuckled at the cute act.

Without saying anything, his hand then grabs Hyukjae’s and intertwines both of their hands that made Donghae happy that Hyukjae is as clueless as he is while the latter expressed a shock on his face.

“D-Donghae…” Hyukjae mumbled but, Donghae just squeezed his hand to encourage him and they both started walking to the streets, not minding the looks people has giving.

Obviously, Donghae didn’t care. Hyukjae, on the other hand, his eyes darted to their intertwined hands.

 

After a couple of stop overs, small talks, and Hyukjae’s blushing hard face, they made a stop at the café Donghae was talking about to him last night.

Hyukjae gasps seeing how beautiful the scenery beholds them right now. the café’s outer and interior design is inspired by the rustic modern design which is cliché toward cafes nowadays but what gives this particular café above the rest? It’s magical atmosphere outside and inside the beautiful place on earth.

Hyukjae couldn’t been any happier being inside the café with Donghae with him.

 

“Do you like it here, Hyukkie?”

 

Hyukjae blinks at Donghae upon hearing him speak. He almost forgot that he’s here with Donghae not to be amazed at the place—although he truly is—but today is his and Donghae’s first romantic date.

“Yes.” Hyukjae quickly nodded and squeezed Donghae’s hand that he was surprised that they didn’t even let go not even once.

Donghae beamed a smile.

“That’s good to hear. I also heard they brewed magical coffee here.”

Hyukjae chuckled.

“Really? Then, I’d like to have one magical coffee, Hae.”

Donghae couldn’t be any happier hearing Hyukjae calling him by his nickname. He swiftly pecked Hyukjae’s hand that is wrapped around his own ones that doesn’t want to let go.

Hyukjae instantly blush.

“Hae… d-don’t do that. It’s em—“

“Hyukkie,” Donghae interrupted and looks at Hyukjae with a serious expression on his face.

“I’ve loved you for longer than you think you do to me. And, I want to express every love I have to offer to you for every second of every minute that I spend my time with you. So, please don’t stop me because if you do, I’ll lose my mind.” Donghae stated, eyes staring back at Hyukjae in a sincere litany of love he just told.

Hyukjae’s mouth wide agape by the sudden confession while his cheeks and ears quickly turn to red in response.

Then, their moment was quickly abrupted by someone clearing his throat behind Donghae’s back.

The person, wearing the café’s uniform walks over in between the two cheesy lovers took out his pen and paper then, looks at each of the two then back to his paper.

“Order?”

“Two magical coffees, please.” Donghae said.

The dining personnel who happened to be named as Hyuk, smirk in a brief second then snickered at the two as he rips the piece of paper in his hand.

“Two magical coffee, right away, sirs.” Hyuk stated then before he walks off, he added, “But you two don’t need our secret potion as you’re already madly in love. Those are recommended for people who are looking for love.” And strutted off towards the counter.

Donghae’s face goes unchanged at the comment while Hyukjae laughs at the kid.

“He’s funny, Hae.” Hyukjae mentioned but Donghae stayed serious.

“Hae?”

“I know I’m being cheesy right now, Hyukkie. But, I love you.” Donghae confessed and Hyukjae almost call it a day but the kid quickly went back to give their orders.

“Too fast, Hyung. Too fast. Try to slow down. He will finally understand. Then...”

“But I love you, Hyukkie.” Donghae, this time, pouted. His serious façade is finally breaking down to a pout.

“I’ve wasted half of my life not telling you that, so please be ready for the heart shaking—”

“I love you too, Hae.” Hyukjae interrupted, making Donghae’s mouth formed an ‘O’ and smiled, showing his lovely smile to the only person he loves dearly.

 

 

February 14, 2 pm.

 

Jaejoong woke up once again and stretched. He then looks at the clock and gasped to see the time. He strutted out of his bed and out, and run to the kitchen which he had clearly heard distinct sounds of someone cooking.

Wearing Yunho’s large shirt, he walks over to the back of the person in front of the stove and snakes his arms around the slim waist of the tall, tanned man and giggled.

 

“Good morning again, Yunnie.”

 

Yunho chuckled. “It’s too late for morning, Jae. Hungry?” he asked once he turned around, cups Jaejoong’s face and pecks his lips.

“Very. Can I eat you instead?” Jaejoong naughtily asked and Yunho giggled.

“Later. But right now, let’s fill ourselves with a proper meal, alright?”

Jaejoong smiled as he nodded.

 

They went out after that, strolling at Dongdaemun while holding hands; clearly not minding the watchful eyes around them. They simply do not care as long as they love and care for each other. They bought a few things at a thrift store and some supplies along the way.

“Jaejoongie,” Yunho called upon stopping at the end of the pedestrian lane, waiting for the signal at the post from the other side to turn green.

Jaejoong, turned and looked up to meet his lover’s face who stare back at him with the same love he mirrored in his own. He smiled and it quickly showed on his face, his lips stretching out enough to give Yunho a toothless smile.

“Hmm? What is it, Yunho-yah?” He called out sweetly after a while.

The lights then turned green and as the people behind and besides them started walking, they too began walking, Yunho tugging him along without answering first.

It was then the taller man stopped in the middle of people walking past them and turned to face the smaller man, still, with eyes filled with love.

Yunho then let go of Jaejoong’s hand to place it on Jaejoong’s cheek that is getting warmer by the minute. His other hand was holding what they had purchased earlier.

He then, with a serious face stare at Jaejoong’s eyes, lowering down his gaze to his nose, down to his plump lips and stops. Yunho let his eyes bore to that pink, glossy lips for as long as he can. He finally blinks once that pink lips that always got his attention moves to mouth a question, no, his name.

“Yunho? Are you okay?”

“Jaejoong-ah,” he once again called out and the owner of the name responded quickly.

“Yes?”

“Can you say those words again after I ask you one more question?” Yunho asks, gulping down the nervousness he started feeling right now.

Jaejoong, on the other hand, though left dumbfounded at Yunho’s sudden question still gave a quick reply. He definitely trusts whatever Yunho has to say or ask. He believes him and more importantly, he has faith in him.

“Yes.” Jaejoong replied. “Now, what is it really, Yunho-yah? The cars will start moving soon if we—”

“Jaejoong, will you spend the rest of your life with me?” Yunho cuts the latter with not taking a breath on every word. “’Cause I probably can’t live the rest of my life without you anymore.”

Jaejoong, once heard the words Yunho let out from his gorgeous mouth, the words he couldn’t believe he would say, at this time of the day, on the same day, and on the same spot he let Yunho kissed him for the first time a long time ago, made him stunned and unfocused. He was shock to say the least and got overwhelmed soon when he hears the sounds that wasn’t there before.

Horns started ringing in Jaejoong’s ears that he almost couldn’t catch what Yunho spoke that wakes him up from a surprising stunt made by the only dancing machine, his dancing machine, Yunho.

“Baby?”

Yunho looked at Jaejoong worriedly, forgetting he had proposed to the latter, at the middle of the day, in the middle of a pedestrian lane, and on Valentine’s day. Of course, Jaejoong would obviously get a shock with his sudden proposal. He, too, was surprised that the words he had longed to say has been finally put into verbal words today.

“Yunho-yah,” Jaejoong called, finally focusing back to reality, to Yunho, and to the world that just started moving once again.

“Is it true?” Jaejoong sheepishly asks.

“H-huh?” Yunho got dumbfounded at what Jaejoong had asked.

“About what you said earlier?” Jaejoong then moves his arms to wrap it on Yunho’s neck and pulling him closer as he does. He smirks when Yunho automatically wraps his arms around his waist.

“Yes. I believe I am saying the truth.” Yunho replied, robotically, entranced by the way Jaejoong cleverly looks at him like he has been under his spell all this time.

“Then,” Jaejoong spoke as he pulls Yunho closer to him. And as their noses touch, he finally let go of the 3-letter word he needs to say before kissing the taller man in front of him.

“Yes.”

 

February 14, 4 pm.

 

The café started getting busy by the minute. Couples are continuously entering the place and the workers are too busy serving their customers. One particular worker who doesn’t seem to be stressed unlike the others, gave each and every customer his dazzling, shining smile that made another who works behind the bar gives the already cleaned coffee-colored granite countertop a hard time.

“If that countertop could speak, he would tell you to put your jealousy toward somewhere else.”

Seongwoo who got startled at the voice behind his back, unintentionally threw the rag he was holding up in the air and landed straight at Sungmin’s awaiting hand.

“That’s the thirtieth time now today, Seongwoo-ah. How long are you going to get secretly jealous over the people he smiles at?” Sungmin asks and placed the rag under the bar. He looks at his partner who happens to be in love with their 60cm-wid-shoulders-dining-personnel named Kang Daniel who keeps on smiling at everyone that made the one who is pouting in front of him indignant about the latter’s action.

Seongwoo sighed as he glances at Sungmin and then at Daniel who still keeps on smiling at everybody. He didn’t wish to act this way. It’s just why would Daniel smile at everyone and not show that lovely, gummy smile of him at him? Or specifically, directly at him alone? He was jealous at other people because they may find Daniel lovely but, he clearly doesn’t want to share Daniel to everybody else aside from him. Though, the saddest part of it all is that, Daniel didn’t know he has feelings for him.

“I’m sorry, Minnie Hyung.” Seongwoo once again breathe out a heavy, burden, sigh. “It’s just that… Daniel is… I want Daniel to… I mean, I want Daniel to know that—”

 

“Two americanos for table three and two lattes for table 6.” Daniel who swiftly move his way to the bar as if on skates, overheard what Seongwoo almost spoke before he got him interrupted by the orders.

After briefing the orders at Sungmin particularly and the latter nodded and turns around to do his work, Daniel turned to face Seongwoo who couldn’t even look at him in the eyes and minding the squeaky cleaned countertop at the bar. He then, slightly slammed his two palms down in front of Seongwoo’s eyes, turning his gaze away from the countertop over to his laid-out hands, catching his attention.

 He smirks when Seongwoo finally lift his head up to look at him with sadness in his eyes. Daniel plastered his smile for Seongwoo to see but it quickly vanishes and his expression shows worry.

“Eh? What’s this? Are you okay, Ong?” Daniel asks, full of worry on his face and in his voice.

Seongwoo sniffled back the tears that almost got to his eyes as he stares back at Daniel’s face. He quickly shakes his head as an answer.

“Are you really okay? Why do I feel like you are about to cry?”

Seongwoo couldn’t help suppressing his surging emotions and finally a tear fell down his face, earning Daniel a shock. He quickly wiped it with his hand but Daniel was too fast he stopped him from doing so. And instead, Daniel took hold his cheek and roll his thumb across his face to wipe his tear. Daniel didn’t stop there and continue to caress his face, particularly the part where his three-moles lie beautifully in his face.

Daniel was stunned at his own action but seeing those beautiful moles on Seongwoo’s beautiful face, he couldn’t help but feel contented and happy doing that. He thinks that there won’t be a time he would stop doing that action. As long as Seongwoo agree and as long as Seongwoo stays beautiful in his eyes. But the last thought was shrug off quickly when his heart shouted a big ‘NO!’ saying the latter will never happen. Ever.

It made him chuckle. And Seongwoo gave him a confused look.

“Why are your moles so pretty, Ong-Seong-Ong-Seong?” Daniel asks and he snickers when Seongwoo open his mouth slightly with shock.

“I couldn’t help but to touch it.” He added in trance but swiftly put his hands-on surrender motion when Sungmin came back with his set of orders.

“Two americanos and two lattes.” Sungmin interrupted but was eavesdropping all this time.

“Thanks, Min Hyung.” Daniel then smiled at Sungmin before taking the tray to his hands. He then glances at Seongwoo who was still dumbfoundedly looking at him and with his free hand, and pinch his pretty moles.

“Beautiful.” Daniel said that made Seongwoo’s heart leap a thousand miles high. “Tell me later after work about what I need to know about you, alright?” he added and plastered a grin on his face.

But before he goes completely to the dining area, Daniel turned around after taking a few steps forward and gave Sungmin a serious, threatening look.

“Hyung, don’t you ever touch what’s mine. Okay?” Daniel said while his eyes focused on that part of Seongwoo’s cheek he had just recently touched, then at Sungmin before turning his back around and happily served the drinks to the customers waiting for their orders.

Sungmin, who was half surprised and half not, turned to look at Seongwoo who was still in a daze after hearing what Kang—effing-god-Daniel has said.

Sungmin pursed a smile thinking that Seongwoo wasn’t alone being jealous but the other party was too—at him.

He patted Seongwoo’s shoulders that made the latter awake. Sungmin then quickly smiled and gave him back the rag he has earlier.

“Let’s go back to cleaning. Shall we?” Sungmin asks and the latter simply nod his head in reply.

 

February 14, 5 pm.

 

“Ouch!” Jaehwan cried when Leo hit him not so very lightly on the head after running toward the latter who was waiting for him at the pedestrian lane.

“You’re late.” Leo commented and kept his hands back to his coat because he’s not pretty much fond of the cold.

“I’m sorry, Leo-ah!” Jaehwan apologized, rubbing his palms together.

Leo scoffed then suddenly pulled Jaehwan close, and hug the latter making the latter gasp as well as the people around them.

“I’m cold while waiting for you.” Leo simply commented even before Jaehwan could ask.

On the other hand, Jaehwan, smiled after that and snuggle in closer so he could give Leo his warmth.

They stayed just like that until the light turns green. People started walking one by one and before they could even walk, Leo caught two people stops in the middle and started making out.

He, once again, scoffed.

He let Jaehwan go and held his hand instead, and kept their entwined hands inside his coat’s pocket and walks aggressively towards the couple in the middle of the pedestrian lane.

“Too much skinship. You better let go now or else you’ll both die here. Right now.” Leo commented that made the couple separate with their faces as red as the color of the stop signal at the end of the pedestrian lane.

All four of them quickly run to the side, gasping for air once they done so.

Jaehwan, in particular was literally out of breath even though they just ran halfway through the lane.

“I’m sorry.” The smaller man with a beautiful feminine face apologize and Leo just nodded ang bows to the couple before dragging Jaehwan along with him.

“It’s cute.” Jaehwan commented once they slowdown in walking. Leo raised an eyebrow.

“What’s cute?”

Jaehwan chuckled. “Their affection.” He said and smiled at Leo.

Both of them then stops walking and, Leo face Jaehwan with curiosity-slashed-jealousy.

“What’s with their affection? They distracted the people around them.”

Jaehwan pouted. “But still, you know that they love each other and even showed it to the world.”

“So? What are you trying to imply, Jaehwan-ah?” Leo asks, his face dimming in displeasure.

“W-well,” Jaehwan stops and looks at Leo apologetically. “I just wish we could also be like them.”

Leo’s brows furrowed even more.

“So, you want me to kiss you right here right now, huh Jaehwan-ah? Is that what you want?”

“N-no, Leo!” Jaehwan automatically shakes his head, raising his voice then toning it back down shyly.

“It’s just that…” Jaehwan paused as he heaves a sigh.

Leo, who just couldn’t take it any longer, did what he thinks Jaehwan wants him to do.

He grabbed Jaehwan’s puffy cheeks and lifted up his face to meet his. Then, he swiftly leaned down and abruptly kiss the latter’s lips, kissing Jaehwan in the sidewalk.

When Leo let Jaehwan’s lips go, it became red and puckered up. He pecked his lips again before resuming back from walking to their destination without saying a word.

 

February 14, 5:30 pm.

 

The store is already filled with paired customers on each table. The manager who was happy seeing everyone is happy, walks over to the bar and asks his senior bartender for a cup of coffee.

“Here’s your coffee, Teukie Hyung.” Sungmin said as he pushes the ceramic cup of coffee to the latter with a smile.

“We should stop people from coming in, right Minnie? Let’s close down at 6:30 so you can all go and have some fun too in Valentine’s day.” Leeteuk suggested with a smile, showing his perfectly set of white, shimmery teeth together with his dimples showing beautifully on each of his stretch cheeks.

“We can do that, Hyung?” Sungmin surprisingly asks and Leeteuk quickly nod his head in reply and then, called the two newbies who had just started working today.

“Jun, Hangyul,” Leeteuk called and gestured them to come closer.

“Yes, hyung?” both ask in unison.

“Can you turn around the sign and take the menu board back inside? We are closing down at 6:30 so you should tell the other crews to slow down on the preparation.”

“Really? Then, that means—” Jun’s lips automatically lift up a smile and abruptly stops talking when both the new recruits clasp their hands and shoulder-bump before dispersing in front of the manager.

“Did Kangin Hyung told you to close down early?” Sungmin asks sheepishly.

Leeteuk just smiled before he walks over to his office, near the pastry section and stops in front of Kyuhyun.

“Happy, Kyu?” he asks, grinning wide.

Kyuhyun nods his head and thankfully smile at their manager whom he asks a big favor to hours ago in exchange of being an obedient slave for a week in the hands of their manager.

“It’s show time.” Kyuhyun stated and evilly grins.

 

February 14, 7 pm.

 

Pair by pair, lovers who enjoyed their stay in the Pimil Café left with smiles on their faces. It only showed that the café has beaten every other café because not only they give satisfaction to their patrons but they also leave an invisible imprint of love, care and devotion to what they do and that is giving what is need to be given and that is love.

The manager who looks happy seeing his crews working ever so diligently and doing their best to finish their tasks as soon as possible can only agree to the decision he had come up at the last minute although, Kyuhyun definitely played a big role in it. And, a dinner date back at home where his lover, Kangin told him that he prepared, too. It’s a win-win situation.

 

“Hyung, I’ve checked everything. We’re all clear.” Sungmin informed behind Leeteuk who turned around with his smile brightening up the night—in Sungmin’s point of view. And he thought that was also the thing that made Kangin hyung fell in love with among all the other beautiful traits of their manager.

 

“Yes, yes… thank you, Minnie.” Leeteuk replied with a smile and taps Sungmin’s shoulder in the process before leaning in close to whisper something in his ear.

The manager then quickly left the premises, followed by the others while he was still on his feet, frozen and unmoved until Kyuhyun startled him behind and he squeaks like a mouse in shock.

“Yah! YOU SCARED ME!” Sungmin yelled and punches Kyuhyun’s chest.

“Sorry,” Kuyuhyun was quick to apologize and he truly meant not to scare the bartender. He was curious as to why he was not moving after what their manager whispered to him.

“Are you okay? Everybody’s leaving.” Kyuhyun informed and Sungmin who was still in a trance nodded but his feet stayed rooted in its place so Kyuhyun had to take Sungmin’s wrist, stopping his own urges to go lower and guided the bartender out of the now closed café.

 

After a few minutes of walking to the sidewalk, Sungmin finally talks that made the two stops from walking.

“Kyu,” he whispered.

“Hmm?” Kyuhyun hum as soon as he heard his name called before he turns around and watch as the bunny—bartender’s eyes started getting teary and his face is abruptly looking sullen.

“What’s wrong, Minnie? What did Teukie Hyung tell you?” he asks curiously because he doesn’t have any clue. But he knew and felt that it has something to do with what he had asked their manager earlier.

 

“Teukie Hyung,” Kyuhyun called as he barges in the manager’s office in the middle of their operation.

“Yes, Kyu?” the angel manager smiled, looked at him once then turned back to his pile of paperwork cluttered in his table.

“If I told you that I fell in love with the silly bunny, will you listen to my request?” Kyuhyun asks and he looks at his manager’s face that tells him that he thinks he’s not serious with a smile he has shown afterward.

“I am serious, hyung!” he said, forwarding the smiling manager before he could tell him.

“Kyu, you love games and beers and wine and s—as your best friend Changmin claimed so…” Leeteuk stated and his voice trailed over the s he remembered his best friend told him before.

Kyuhyun shows a grim face upon his manager’s words and yes, he admits to everything their manager had said but this is far more different than what he feels for Sungmin.

He’s attracted to the bartender not only because he’s beautiful but he feels so lost without seeing, talking, watching, teasing, and making the latter smile to a point where his heart always took a leap every single time.

In short, he is madly, truly, and deeply in love with Sungmin. And he wishes to convey his feelings before the day ends.

“Then, what do you want me to do?” Leeteuk spoken and as he looks at his pastry chef looking like he almost won the lottery smile, he knew that Kyuhyun meant business.

“Close early?” Kyuhyun asks, sounding so unsure because never did they close early before. Valentines day are one of their peak seasons.

Leeteuk bat an eyebrow at what he has heard from Kyuhyun. They never close their shop early during Valentines day and it would mean low income if he approves Kyuhyun’s request. But nevertheless, the request is very tempting as it was not new to this kind of request from his crew. And in fact, one dining crew in the name of Kang Daniel proposed the same request before his shift started. When asked, he simply replied his coworker’s name: Ong. Moreover, he just had received a text from Kangin that he wanted him to come home early because his lover has prepared food and such.

The manager sighed. He knew that the request is not alien to him but being persuaded by Kyuhyun’s slave contract, Daniel’s puppy smile and Kangin’s picture that sent and told him he’s been a good boy back in their house, he weighted and weighted until he finally gives up.

Okay.” Leeteuk stated but he shushed Kyuhyun when the latter yelled aloud in glee.

“We close at 6:30 and make sure that we leave the shop at 7 sharp.” The manager reminded and Kyuhyun walked over him and bowed politely before leaving his office.

“Thank you, Teukie hyung. I promise, by tomorrow, The bunny’s mine.” He proclaimed and the manager can only shake his head in reply.

 

….

 

“Is what Teukie hyung stated, true?” Sungmin asks and looks at the pastry chef, brows furrowed and eyes are glistening with tears.

Kyuhyun blinks his eyes and looks back at Sungmin with both curiosity and confusion in his eyes.

“Tell me, what did Teukie hyung said, Minnie?” he asks.

“W-well,” Sungmin paused and played with his hair behind his ear in shyness. His eyes lowered down and pasted his vision to Kyuhyun’s shoes.

“H-he did say you… owning a bunny before the day ends.” Sungmin mumbled and Kyuhyun only got two words out from what Sungmin has mumbled: Owning and bunny.

And he gets what this conversation is heading. Maybe, Sungmin wants to talk right now but Kyuhyun is half-ready as he pictured this confrontation in a big space, full with lights like inside an amusement park minus the people around, and not in the sidewalk with barely even light coming from the blinking lamp post.

“Minnie,” he called but Sungmin only hummed in response without lifting his face up to meet his so Kyuhyun took hold of Sungmin’s shoulders that made the bartender finally look up to him, face to face.

Still, Sungmin’s eyes glitter into the night with an addition of a pout from his pink, full lips.

“Can we have this conversation somewhere else?” Kyuhyun asks but Sungmin’s brows furrowed and his lips pouted even more.

“No.” He declined. “I want this over and done with tonight.” He insisted and Kyuhyun sighed.

“I know.” He answered. “I want this to end soon so that I could finally claim you mine…” Kyuhyun’s voice trailed off then he clears his throat afterwards.

“But, I want this conversation to be special, Minnie. I pictured this moment a million times in my head, over and over, and you’re ruining it.”

“H-HUH?!” Sungmin acclaimed as he heard the words of Kyuhyun that made his ears turn red in anger. “I’m ruining it?! What makes you say that when all I wanted is to finish this so we could go home!” he screamed on top of his lungs and Kyuhyun could only heave a sigh.

He made a wrong move. Sungmin’s right but he’s also wrong at the same time.

“Minnie,” he called ever so gently and caressing his shoulders to calm his nerves down because if the bartender lets go of his anger, Kyuhyun will be put in a hospital any moment soon.

“Okay. Maybe you’re slightly ruining it but Minnie, I’ve been trying to be romantic here and you’re acting as if you do not want me being all romantic.” Kyuhyun stated and Sungmin blinks his eyes as he slowly calms down. Although the heat on his face lingers but its no longer from anger but from blushing.

“W-when did you start being romantic? This is not romantic, Kyu. I am telling you!” Sungmin huffed and Kyuhyun finally let out a chuckle.

“I’ve been trying to tell you that I don’t want to confess right here right now, Minnie.”

“C-confess?” Sungmin stuttered. “W-what are you saying—”

“But since you wanted this to be over and done with, I’m gonna tell it to you—”

“WAIT!” Sungmin stops him. His heart started pumping fast as his breathing also fasten its usual speed.

“Minnie…” Kyuhyun called and Sungmin looked at the pastry chef with uncertainty in his eyes.

“I thought you wanted this to be over and done with? What’s making you back out?” Kyuhyun asks, lips stretching out to a smirk and Sungmin punch his chest lightly earning a groan from the latter.

“What are you trying to do, Kyu? Are you making fun of me?” Sungmin accuses and Kyuhyun’s lips could only grow higher.

“Nope.” He answered. “Not this time, Minnie. Not this time.” He stated.

“Then, what are you confessing for?” Sungmin deliberately asks although his heartbeat tells him that both his head and his heart are thinking the same thing.

“--My love for you.” Kyuhyun proclaimed as a matter of fact, without any hint of reluctance or shyness since he truly wants Sungmin to know how he feels for him.

“Y-you—”

“I love you, Minnie.” Kyuhyun stated, looking at Sungmin’s eyes directly while the latter’s irises shake in surprise.

“From the moment I laid eyes on you, I knew that I am going to love you. So… will you be my date tonight, Minnie?” he added, pursing a smile at the astounded bunny.

“Y-you—”

“Yes, Minnie?”

“Y-you—why are you only confessing now?! I’ve been waiting for you to tell me but you just knew how to tease me and then you—” Sungmin stops from talking when Kyuhyun stops his lips from doing so, kissing him.

“I didn’t know you’re waiting—” Kyuhyun stated and got another punch from the chest from the bartender after kissing him.

“You’re teasing me again.” Sungmin mumbled shyly as he felt his lips wet with his fingers.

“Do you want to kiss again?” Kyuhyun suggested and he laugh so hard when Sungmin punch him once again.

Kyuhyun then bring Sungmin’s body into his arms and they swayed twice and stops. He then kissed the bartender’s crown before squeezing him back again.

“You-re killing me, Kyu.” Sungmin murmured and Kyuhyun slightly lets him go and they both stare at each other then, Kyuhyun placed a chaste kiss on Sungmin’s lips before they finally decided to walk once again.

“So, Minnie…” Kyuhyun called once they stop at the intersection. “Where do you wanna go?”

Sungmin chuckled. “I thought I’m yours? So, how can you possibly ask that to me, Kyu?”

Kyuhyun then looks at him in confusion. Sungmin chuckled once again and squeezed their entwined hands.

When Kyuhyun finally get what the bunny meant, he laughed out loud earning stares from the crowd. He kisses Sungmin’s cheeks and grip the bartender’s hand tightly before they started walking with big smiles on their faces.

“Home it is, then.” Kyuhyun stated and off they go.

 

 

February 14, 7 pm onwards.

 

 

“You really do love Cartier, Yunnie.” Jaejoong commented staring at the ring beautifully and perfectly placed on his left ring finger.

Yunho snickered and squeezed Jaejoong’s hand as they walk under the beautiful night sky.

“Of course, babe.  All beautiful things in the world are for you, Jae. Only for you.” Yunho replied with a gleeful smile lingering his lips.

Jaejoong giggled at Yunho’s answer and he quickly placed a kiss on Yunho’s cheeks as a reward for being so sweet. Too sweet, even.

 

...

 

Jaehwan blushes madly as he looks at their intertwined hands while they walk in the crowded street outside the Dongdaemun, going to the bus stop.

Leo does not seem to mind the looks people has giving them because he clearly walks with his head held high, proud that he’s making clear to everyone who Jaehwan belongs to.

“L-Leo…” Jaehwan shyly called and Leo gave him a look then at front.

“Yes, Jaehwan.” Leo answered.

“A-are you still going to hold my hand until we get home?” Jaehwan nervously asks although he already knew what Leo would answer, he still ask him anyway.

“Yes. You got a problem with that, Jaehwannie?” Leo answered, smirk underlying his poker face that he almost cannot hide.

“N-none.” Jaehwan blushed as he replied and he heard Leo snickered back.

“Good.”

 …

 

“So, how do you think about our first date, Hyukkie?” Donghae proudly asks as they walk to his car and opens the door for his boyfriend and runs over to the other side. Before Hyukjae went inside, he stops Donghae who’s already opens the door to reply.

“The coffee is magical. You are so cheesy as always. Overall, everything was almost perfect.” he commented.

“Almost perfect?” Donghae abruptly asks Hyukjae but the latter quickly went inside and seated in the passenger’s seat.

“What do you mean by ‘almost perfect’, Hyukkie?” Donghae asks once again. Brows furrowed as he takes his seat in the driver’s area and started the engine of his car.

Hyukjae moves in closer and reaches out his hand over to the belt and secure Donghae with it himself and stayed close, face meeting Donghae’s close.

Hyukjae then leaned over and plant a kiss on Donghae’s lips and lingered for a bit before he pulls back up and stare at Donghae once again.

“Now, it’s perfect.” He stated and smiled before going back to his seat and pull the seatbelt over to his body onto the lock before eyeing Donghae who was at first astounded but grinned afterwards.

He let out a hearty laugh before he finally puts his hands on the stirring wheel and left the parking lot with a satisfied smile on his face.

 

 

Daniel is scratching the back of his neck in nervousness. His heart beats so fast, his body trembles upon the touch from someone with soft, delicate hand of Ong Seongwoo. They were walking side by side for almost 15 minutes or so but none of them hasn’t start any conversation even though he asked the beautiful bartender earlier that theyshould walk home together. But, is he just going to walk the latter without asking him about the earlier event? And now, this. Seongwoo calling his attention by placing his beautiful hand over to his trembling shoulder blades.

“Daniel?” Seongwoo called out, thinking he should start their conversation if the dining star isn’t going to talk the whole time.

Daniel clears his throat, his mind and inhale a breath of the night’s air before finally turning to face Seongwoo with a smile, his over-the-top puppy smile.

“So,” he started out and quickly grabs Seongwoo’s hand and, stare at it before giving his full attention back at Seongwoo.

“Care to tell me what is it that you want to tell me?” Daniel sheepishly asks and gives out his extra puppy smile which made Seongwoo gasps and retreated back his hand and bring it over to his chest.

“I-it’s not that I want to tell you something—”

“But you did. Remember earlier?” he followed up.

“N-no!” Seongwoo stuttered. “I-it’s not something like that…” he said, voice trailing off as the ambulance quickly drove passed the place they had stopped: a children’s playground.

“Then… you don’t have anything to say to me?” Daniel’s face saddened and Seongwoo looked at him regretfully.

Seongwoo heave a sigh before he steps forward, an inch closer to Daniel and looks down in embarrassment as he said his piece.

“I… I-I like you, Daniel. I… I really do.” Seongwoo sniffled as tears started coming out of his tear docks. He shuts his eyes hard, afraid of what the dining star would do after he just laid his heart out for him to pick up or step onto.

On the other hand, Daniel pick the first one and steps closer their shoes have touched and his hands move to touch Seongwoo’s chin and raises his head up so he could meet his face but he frowned when the bartender apprentice’s eyes are closed.

With a silly grin on his lips, he inches closer and closer until he can feel Seongwoo’s breath and with his eyes set to his first target, his moist lips landed onto Seongwoo’s beautiful moles. It made the latter’s eyes opens wide and Daniel pulls back and he giggled upon seeing Seongwoo’s reaction.

“Didn’t I also tell you, if not show you Ong Seongwoo that…” Daniel pauses as he runs his right thumb at Seongwoo’s bottom lip, and stare at it still with a silly grin plastered on his lips.

“I like…” he paused once again as he leans forward, inching closer and closer at his next target.

“…everything about you.” He finished and quickly pulls Seongwoo in for a kiss.

 

The end.

 

 

a/n2: I’m not going to put KangTeuk here because I am telling you now, it won’t be romantic… XD

this happens when you ship too many ships… my imagination loses control… O.O

I hope you find this fic good… and romantic… and fluffy… hehe..