Two.

Gateway to Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two.

It was definitely the best date that she ever had.

Maybe it was due to her lack of experience in the dating field, but that wasn't the main point. Sure, Mina had her fair share of suitors, but for some reason, she had never felt comfortable enough to pursue anything further with them after a first date.

Initially, the girl had been influenced into putting the blame on her 'high standards' as Areum, her best friend, had always told her. That was until she met Jinyoung, where she realized that it was just another perk of her strong gut feelings and having Mark as her guardian angel. She had run into a couple or more of her ex-suitors after she officiated her relationship with Jinyoung, and her only conclusion after was that she was an extremely lucky woman.

I mean, it's not everyday that someone has a boyfriend who wouldn't even think twice about rushing to her house when she was having a bad day and needed him to hold her at 2am.

It's also not everyday that that same guy would choose to work as a financial consultant despite being offered a full scholarship to pursue a Masters degree in Finance in one of the UK's top-ranking universities, just so that the both of them could be in the same place.

Us or nothing, he had told her. 

Jinyoung had always been the type of boyfriend who would put her best interests above anything else. Take their date night tonight, for example. He had decorated their dining table tonight with baby's breath and pink dragon zinnias just because he knew they were her favorite flowers. (Baby's breath and zinnias also symbolized everlasting love. Mina would never speak of her favorite flowers to anyone else, but Jinyoung didn't have to know that.) Also, the man had two left foot and no existing knowledge about cooking and yet, personally cooked their dinner tonight and learnt how to slow waltz to Ed Sheeran's Perfect just for her, just because she had described her perfect date night to him when he casually asked her about it two weeks ago. 

So if it were up to her, with complete bias, she was indeed the luckiest girl on this planet with the most perf—

"Ah!" 

", I am so sorry, baby. Are you alright? Did I hurt you?" Immediately, a frown appeared on Jinyoung's face, scanning her features with worried eyes as he brought her to the nearest chair. The concern in his voice increased each passing the second, with each word.

Mina wasn't one to be rude. No, in fact, she was one of the nicest and sweetest girl that one would ever meet. Still, she couldn't help but to mentally roll her eyes. He was too protective of her for her own good, treating her as if she was made of glass with a big, red 'FRAGILE' sticker across her chest. Of course, she was not really complaining either. It felt really good to be treated that way as it made her feel safe around him, as if she could trust him with her entire being. But for goodness sake, they weren't even wearing shoes, only house slippers. Her toe didn't even hurt anymore.

"I'll go and get the first aid kit." He muttered, her lack of response only serving to fuel his worries. 

But before he could fully turn away, she tugged him by the arm, crashing their lips together to answer to all of his questions. Mina poured all her emotions into that kiss, feeling Jinyoung's tenseness slowly ebb away as he pulled her flush against himself, responding just as passionately. When the both of them separated for air, her boyfriend's forehead resting against hers, Jinyoung chuckled lowly as he stared deeply into her eyes, dilated pupils meeting dazed orbs.

"You know, baby, if it wasn't the fact that I am hungry and I spent a damn long time perfecting our dinner, I would've been open to another dinner option, with dessert..."

That earned him a hard smack on the chest and Mina thought to herself. This is just: perfect. 

A few steps away from them, perched on top of the television and invisible to the human eye, Jaebum watched them with a small smile, eyes unreadable. 

 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

"Whoa, wait, slow down, noona. What do you mean when you said we're going to your place?"

A soft sigh of exasperation left Taeyeon's lips. "I told you, Markie, I need to show you something. Urgently."

"Is this about Mina?" The guardian angel asked, a little hesitantly. This was the first time that he had seen the petite Moon Deity so unsettled, and it was beginning to affect him, unpleasant feelings starting to stir at the pit of his stomach. Taeyeon had barely given him enough time to recover from the surprise of seeing Jaebum and her in Jinyoung's living room before she was pulling him along with her, ascending towards Heaven with him in tow as she blabbered something about an emergency crisis and whatnot. 

Then, as she saw the Deity Realm approaching, she fell into silence. No matter what Mark asked after that, she would only respond vaguely, as if unwilling to reveal too much. Which only got Mark all the more curious. 

"Duh, is there anything else that's more important than your human right now?" Taeyeon deadpanned. She wasn't wrong about that, his life depended on Mina's well-being. 

"Okay, so are you trying to tell me that something is going to happen to Mina?"

There was a pregnant pause, one which didn't sit very well with him. But before he could open his mouth to speak again, she responded in a hushed tone.

"I really don't know."

Mark decided that he detested that very sentence at that very moment. 

"What do you mean by you don't k—"

"Shhh. Not so loud unless you want me to be exiled together with you. You will get your answers very soon, but for now... There he is." For the first time since their encounter that evening, he saw a smile grace the Moon Deity's lips, expression softening. Mark followed her line of sight to find Yugyeom, much to his surprise. 

"Hey, Gyeom. What are you doing here?"

"Hyung! Glad to see you, feels like it's been eons since we last saw you... excluding Jaebum hyung, of course." Mark could almost hear the pout in the other's voice, tone growing extra whiny. If it had been anyone else, Mark would've shuddered in disgust. But this was Yugyeom, the youngest in his region.

A fact which made his aegyo absolutely lethal. 

"Hyung misses all of you too, Gyeom. I really do." He spoke in his gentlest tone, ruffling the other's jet black locks affectionately. "But there are some things that hyung needs to take care of first." Turning to his side, he glanced at Taeyeon for help, which she gladly gave. The both of them knew how clingy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter