CHAPTER 9

COMPROMISE

Before Sinb could process on just what happened, she found herself carrying Yerin's weight on her arms. Yerin kissed her. And though the older was drunk, Sinb silently admitted that Yerin did hit the spot. The kiss only lasted like a second because after their lips touched, came Yerin falling asleep again causing the older to lean away from the shocked Sinb which the latter fortunately caught. 

 

"Whoah," Sowon said while slow clapping gaining the attention of a flustered Sinb. "That lady is sure fast huh." 

 

Sinb slowly looked at the door to where her tall friend was leaning onto and shoot daggers with her eyes. "Don't even start there unnie."

 

Sowon looked at the furious Sinb in front of her and she could not help but to laugh at the sight. "Aww...c'mon Sinb. I'm even complimenting her here being the fast mover between the two of you. And to think that you're threatening me with that pink face of yours? C'mon, who would stop teasing when you surely liked that one."

 

Sinb shot another glare at her unnie and was thinking of striking her only to realize that her hands were holding onto something. "You better be thankful my hands are busy right now Giraffe or else." 

 

Sowon got surprised on the 'giraffe' once more and she hit Sinb's shoulders. "Yah! Try saying it one more time and you're going to get it!"

 

The banter continued even after Sinb laid Yerin to her bed. Even with the two almost screaming and laughing, the drunk girl was sleeping soundly. "Okay, enough with the teasing." Sowon said finally raising the white flag to Sinb. Tears from laughter are visible from Sowon because Sinb never failed to blush everytime she teases her with the sleeping Yerin. "We should be thinking on what to do with her."

 

Sinb suddenly became serious when Sowon changed the topic that her gaze went to the sleeping figure in front of her. What happened at the rest house was a mess and she was torn between getting Yerin back to her family or even meddling with the case when the agency told her not to. "The agency told me not to interefere anymore unnie. They've warned me about this and I don't want to cross the line too. But seeing her away from her family especially with her mother, she was needed there."

 

Sowon nodded at Sinb's remark, taking into consideration the situation her dongsaeng and the drunk girl was in. She still doesn't know the whole picture of Sinb's case but having watched the news of a missing Yerin on tv, she guessed that it had something to do with the arranged marriage with Taehyung. Sowon guessed that it might be the reason the heiress ran away but running away was not the solution to the problem she thought. Whatever the answer might be, Sowon knew that they have to take Yerin back to her family. "I think you know what to do Sinb-yah."

 

Sinb kept her silence. If she were the one to be asked, she doesn't want Yerin to go back just yet. Not when Hye Jun would drop the marriage thing, but Sinb knew it would be the least thing Yerin's father would do. And to add to her reasons more was that she personally doesn't want Yerin getting married to this Taehyung guy. But she knew what she had to do. 

 

"You need to bring her back home," Sowon clarified Sinb in case the latter still doesn't know it. "How to solve the problem isn't your case anymore Sinb-yah. They will solve their own problems without you meddling and before they could do that they need Y--"

 

Sowon was cut off when her security alarm rang. Sowon placed security alarms into her household since her job was the same as Sinb's. When she received her salary from their agency, she began looking for a place away from the city where she could stay in peace and away from her client's opponents or subjects of interests. But to ensure her safety in the countryside, she needed eyes and so she went to another friend who was good at technology and surrounded her household with traps and security cameras. 

 

But this was different as Sowon was still yet to be assigned to a case and her last was seven months ago. 

 

"What was that unnie?" Sinb asked getting herself ready for some action. She went near Yerin but didn't wake up the girl. 

 

Sowon looked at her phone and accessed an app that was connected to the camears around the household. She saw armored men on the front door and by the looks of it, they were jamming the bar door to be opened. "Looks like you've been followed here." 

 

Sowon grabbed her emergency kit under the bed and gave it to Sinb. "Take this and Yerin out of here. There's my car key inside, use it for you and Yerin to escape. C'mon, we have no time to lose!"

 

Sinb understood immediately the situation and put the sling bag around her body. She didn't bother to wake Yerin up and instead carried her bridal style not minding the weight she have put herself into. "Hey, where do we going to head out?"

 

"At the back idiot," Sowon said not looking at Sinb. She was busy arming herself with her guns that was neatly stacked inside one of her closets. "Run through the end of the hallway and you'll find a door leading to my back garage. I'll buy you some time so run away fast."

 

"Will you follow?" Sinb asked while dashing to get out of the room but slow enough to catch Sowon's answer. 

 

"Of course idiot. Now go!" Sowon said as they parted through the door with Sowon going to the bar again while Sinb at the end of the hallway. 

 

Sinb reached the garage but was met with two armored guys. She immediately ducked hers and and covered Yerin's head as the guys started firing their bullets. 'So they managed to surround the house, huh? Sowon better upgrade her security here.' Sinb then went to hide at the far corner of the room and laid Yerin first there. Then she rummaged through her emergency kit (the bagpack) to look for some pistols, if any, but found one saltpeter instead. 

 

Sinb was dumbfounded at what she saw. "Really Sowon-unnie?!" She whispered. "You could get me killed by your emergency kit!" Having no use of the saltpeter, she looked nearby her surroundings and saw a toolbox. She immediately opened it grabbed the largest wrench she could find then she stealthily attacked one guy that was near their hiding place. She choked the guy using the wrench she have and the guy was sent down to his knees gasping for air that he lost his grip on his gun which Sinb hastily took and gunned the other down. Then she grabbed the other by his collar, and Sinb looked at him in the eye. "Tell me, who sent you?" 

 

The man only grunted since he was just choked by a wrench in his neck and Sinb was all the more irritated. "I'm asking you a question! Who sent you here?!" She shouted at the man and the latter was intimated by it. 

 

"U-urk...T-Ta--" the man gurgled his words out as his voice box was damaged by all those choking Sinb made. 

 

Sinb, recognizing that she doesn't have the time in her hands let go of the man and gunned him down without batting an eye. "Stupid." She told the dying man and went to pick up Yerin. 

 

She opened the sedan and placed Yerin who was heavily sleeping in the passenger seat. Sinb then hurriedly went inside the driver's seat and went out of the place. 

 

 

---

 

 

Sowon, on the other hand went for her escape when there were too many of the armed men going at her. She went to where she ordered Sinb to go to and managed to get inside of her car while exchanging bullets with the men chasing her. She was surprised when one of them managed to climb on top of her sedan and tried to break the window where she was seated. 

 

"Oh my God," Sowon said in anger as she sped up along the highway. "Not my car you bastard! You don't know how much I spent on this precious baby you know!" She then steered her wheels from right to left in great speed that the man flew and stumbled behind the speeding car that was Sowon's.

 

Sowon looked at the rear view mirror and saw the man not moving as she sped away. "Serves you right for scratching this baby."

 

 

---

 

 

Meanwhile, Yerin was awoken by loud bangs and she discovered herself inside a car with Sinb trying to take control of the vehicle while swerving from the zigzag road they were in. Yerin was horrified at what she was witnessing ang she coukd not help but yell out of fear everytime Sinb would drift the car. 

 

"What are you doing Sinb?!" Yerin screamed when Sinb drifted to her left while gunning down the vehicle behind them. "You're getting us killed!"

 

"Oh, glad you're sober now unnie," Sinb simply remarked like it was a friendly conversation they're having. "Hope you had a good sleep in Sowon-unnie's El Camino." 

 

Yerin was wide eyed when Sinb told her that. "What the eff Sinb?! How can I?! And what's happening?!"

 

Then a bullet went straight and hit the rear view mirror which made Yerin screamed more. Sinb, on the other hand, calmly put her right hand at the back of Yerin's head and guided her to duck. "Unnie, you know at times like this you should really keep quiet."

 

"How could I keep quiet when they are killing us and you're driving like a mad man!" Yerin frustratingly said while still ducking to avoid the raining bullets coming their way. 

 

"Uhm, because screaming actually distracts the driver unnie," Sinb said while catching a glimpse of Yerin safe under the passenger seat. She knew she need to act fast because the car wouldn't last long if it is continued to be hit. "Try to stay quiet on this one so we would be safe alright?"

 

"Wha---" Yerin was disrupted when Sinb drifted to her right and she screamed. "Yah! Sinb!"

 

Sinb tried maneuver the car on the right to have a better view of the car chasing them. Then she aimed the gun she acquired at the garage to the wheels to try and stop the car from chasing them. But due to Yerin's panic and screaming, she got distracted for a second and missed her shot. 

 

"," Sinb murmured under her breath as she tried to steady the car and pressed on the gas to escape. She looked at Yerin who was panting really hard like she ran a marathon. "I told you unnie to keep quiet but you just won't listen."

 

Yerin looked at Sinb and was bewildered when she saw how calm Sinb was in their state. "Oh my God Sinb, we're going to die and you're practically whining about me screaming!" 

 

"You're with me unnie. I won't let us die that easy," Sinb said while taking a look at the following car behind them. She needed a little more time until she could shoot her bullet to the other car's wheels. She returned her gaze on the road before them and saw that they would need to drift again on the next curve. She just want to make Yerin quiet this time. "On the next turn unnie try to be quiet okay?"

 

"Not with your crazy driving skills, no...I don't think I can." Yerin said while trembling. 

 

"Then you leave me no choice then unnie. Here we go," Sinb said and grabbed Yerin's head close to her and kissed her, all with one hand drifting and the other getting free from grabbing Yerin and finally making a shot on one of the wheels of the chaser making them crashed on the other side of the road.