Chapter 1

Room 121
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been almost a week that I've been roaming around the city of Seoul just to find an affordable apartment. And inside those days, I've became a homeless person. My father abandoned me when he remarried his new wife, My stepmom. Uhh... On the second thought, does she really deserve to be called as my stepmom? Because of her, my family had no chance to be reunited again. My mom died due to an unexpected accident. Her car crashed against a tree on the very first day of 2016. If only, I convinced her more to stay at home that time then she would be alive by now.

Going back on reality, Winter's approaching and I will be freezing to death if I cannot find an apartment soon. From Busan I have traveled miles away just to reach to Seoul to start the new chapter of my life. I have decided that I should raise my ownself. Papa doesn't care about me anymore, I'm sure. Because, if he does, then he wouldn't have mistreated me before and say ill-things to me. Since the day I left that house with my things, I already promised to myself and to the necklace that mom gave to me before she died that I will never go back to my father again. Never. After all, he's already happy with his new wife then the hell he would care about me. He's too focus to his wife that he forgotten his only daughter from her first wife. On the other hand, I never expected that I will be in this state, being homeless for almost a week. Gladly, no one tried to steal my things nor attempt to do bad things to me. People are too busy for preparing for the upcoming winter season and for that, I've been busy to find a place to stay at to avoid the winter havoc. I have no relatives in Seoul. My mom's relatives are from Ilsan and my father's side are all from States. But no one from both sides of my parents' relatives that I will ask for help.

I suddenly halted when I heard the chorus of the prominent song of BTS' entitled, Spring Day played in the street of Seoul. "nunkkochi tteoreojyeoyo tto jogeumsshik meoreojyeoyo bogo shipda (bogo shipda) bogo shipda (bogo shipda)" As I listen to the song while looking up to the sky, I have a sudden 'Reminisce' of my moments together with my Mom when she was still alive. That song, Spring Day, gives me the feeling of missing someone and it is also perfect for the winter season. No doubt that many people loved the song intact.

I have the urge to cry but I can't. I reached for the necklace with rose pendant that my mom gave to me dangling in my neck and touched it as I closed my eyes. I remember when she told me that everytime she sees her favorite flower rose, she immediately thinks of me. My face would flash in her mind upon seeing a rose because me and the rose had the same resemblance to each other, she said. Remembering that makes me plaster a smile upon my lips and as soon as the song 'Spring Day' stops and replaces another song, I carry my shoulder bag and I drag my baggage along with me. I never knew, finding an apartment in Seoul is very hard to do. This city is crowded for rich, poor and neither poor nor rich people living. I walk and walk and walk until I've reached the said address written on the classified ads of the newspaper. A while ago when I was at the verge of giving up, I found a newspaper in the middle of the street of Seoul. The newspaper was published couple of days ago and so, I immediately picked it up to throw it in the nearby trashbin but, its classified ads had me the interest to look into it. The newspaper was old and crumpled, I've straightened it, at least to made it readable to me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter