Drunk

Broken

"What are you doing here?!" Byul asked again, darting her eyes back and forth from the visibly drunken figure in front of her and the rest of the club. It was noisy and loud, and Byul had to half-shout over the music to get the girl's attention.

"What do you mean what am I doing here," the girl frowned upon hearing Byul's question. "Why wouldn't I be allowed to be here?"
Byul had to catch her when she tried to come closer to Byul but only managed to stumble two steps before nearly toppling over from the lack of balance.

"I mean why you are here alone-" Byul frowned. Only now did Byul realize she'd been unconsciously gripping the girl's waist with one hand and had the other hand on her back in order to pull her closer to protect her from falling.

"Never mind. I'm calling a cab." Byul reached down for her back pocket and fumbled for her cell phone.

"Awwww you're crashing the party! I don't WANT to go home." The girl whined loudly and Byul grew more anxious, with a hint of annoyance.

"Kim Yongsun," Byul looked her in the eye, "You are way too drunk to be here. If I don't bring you out now, it's a matter of time before security does."
She had a point, but Yongsun didn't care. She was, like Byul said, way too drunk.

"Byul-ah," said Yongsun lazily. She looked up at Byul, smiled, and leaned into her. "I'm glad you are here."

Her speech was slurred and her smile was drunk, but drunk people are the most honest. Byul's eyes faltered upon this sight.

"Yongsun, you need to go home," Byul insisted again, a little more gentle this time.

"Why do you still care for me," Yongsun had her entire body weight on Byul at this point and had buried her face into Byul's shoulder, "Even after what I did and said."

Byul stiffened slightly upon hearing this, but managed to remain her composure. "It's not just you. I'd do this to others I know too. It's about safety - you're thinking too much."

"Am I really? That's too bad," Yongsun lifted her head from Byul's shoulder and looked directly at Byul. Her eyes showed a hint of sadness and she pouted. "I thought I'm special."

Byul just stared at Yongsun. She didn't lie, but what she said wasn't entirely truthful either. She will always have a soft spot for the girl in front of her no matter what, and a part of her hated herself for letting that happen.

Lost in her own thoughts and despite still staring at Yongsun, it wasn't until Yongsun was only 2 inches away from Byul's face did Byul realize what Yongsun was about to do. She immediately tightened her grip on Yongsun and held her in place to prevent her from advancing any further.

"Yongsun, you're drunk," Byul said sternly, "Stop."

Yongsun seemed startled to be held back, but she did stop.

They continued to stare at each other for what seemed like an eternity until Byul cleared and looked away. She wanted Yongsun to be safe, but she knew taking her home personally might end in a way that both of them will regret the next morning.

"You're cute when you're deep in thought," Yongsun broke the silence and Byul looked back, slightly startled by the sudden interruption of her thoughts. "Did you know you furrow your brows when you are concentrated on thinking about something?" Yongsun smiled again and closed her eyes. "It's cute."

Byul couldn't take it anymore. She was still holding on to Yongsun, and she reluctantly let go.

"Fine, I'll leave you alone," Byul pinched the bridge of her nose, "But please tell me there is someone that can take care of you."

"Hyuk is here, somewhere," Yongsun said, nonchalantly, "Or maybe was here."

Byul stiffened again upon the mentioning of Hyuk's name. Hyuk and Yongsun broke up nearly a year ago. Byul wasn't even aware that they still talked.

"How come you are with Hyuk?" Byul didn't even mean for her words to come out in a defensive manner, but by the time the words left , she realized she had unconsciously raised her voice a little.

Yongsun glanced at Byul and smiled. The same smile that Byul had grown accustom to seeing in the mornings, but have been missing so much lately. "You are easy to read, Byul-ah."

For a moment, just a brief moment, Byul let down her guard and allowed herself to comtemplate the implications of Yongsun's statement. Easy to read? Was Yongsun just testing her by saying that Hyuk is here for the sake of an reaction? 

Just as Byul was about to speak up, she saw someone rushing towards them from the side. 

"Yongsun!" The voice shouted as the figure moved towards them quickly.

Yongsun looked in the direction of the voice and Byul took this opportunity to step back, finally creating space between her and Yongsun again.

"Yongsun please don't run off like that, it's too difficult to find you in here..." 

Byul recognized the voice, and her slightly lifted spirit fell flat immediately.

Yongsun really did come with Hyuk.