and so the sun stays and the moon turns its back

beats me

They asked twice, and they took Felix away from him because self defense and then hiding the body still meant murder. 

 

“An accomplice to murder” is what’s written on his papers.

 

Changbin is lucky. He has a family who cares. Not about him, and not about his friends, but about their reputation so he gets bailed out, he gets a lawyer, and he gets away.

 

Felix isn’t lucky.

 

“I wrote you an essay, while you were away,” Felix whispers through the holes in the glass.

 

“They give you paper?” Changbin asks, voice equally quiet. 

 

Felix smiles, shakes his head slightly. “No. I memorized it for you.”

 

“Oh. Tell it to me,” Changbin says, leaning ever so much closer to the glass, until his nose is almost touching it, and his fingers are hovering mere millimeters above it. How he wishes to reach across it and grab Felix into his embrace, grab his hair and move their heads together until lips meet and they’re sprawled across the floor together like they were back in their apartment nearly every day. But instead, they’re in this harshly lit dungeon, cement visible on the floor with not even tile to cover it, cinder blocks stacked up, up, up and a glass sheet stretching across from one wall to the other. 

 

So Changbin listens to Felix tell of the moon in the sky, of wanting to reach for it and pluck it out, of feeling like a morning tide being pulled in and out by the momentum and weight of this shining object in the heavens. And as Changbin listens, he realizes that oh, the moon is himself and this is the essay. 

 

After a few beats of silence, Felix asks Changbin, “Well, what did you think?” and he realizes that that’s the end.

 

“I think,” Changbin pauses, building up the silence that surrounds their little bubble, none of the conversations and shouts and stomps around them able to even prick the smallest hole in the air that balloons around them. “I think that you are my sun.”

 

I think that I would wither without you. 

 

 

end

 

 


AN:

and that's the end, i hope you guys enjoyed~ comments and upvotes are always appreciated!

scream at me about stray kids on [twitter] and [tumblr]!
 

Buy Me a Coffee!