First

Magically in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byun Baekhyun sure is sneaky.

From the way his lips twist into a sarcastic smile to the way he leans back and enjoys himself — it's true, Slytherin Baekhyun just loves playing mind games, especially when it's the shy Hufflepuff Kim Jongin and the socially awkward Ravenclaw Do Kyungsoo.

After six months of unsatisfying boredom, far far away from the magical school of witchcraft and wizardry, the brown-haired Slytherin couldn't wait to finally come back and do what he loves to do the most. Pulling pranks on the other students.

Right now, he watches the storm in front of him unfold.

"D-Did you do that?" Kyungsoo asks with a trembling voice.

"No, I didn't!" Jongin's eyes are big and sparkling. "I don't even know how to do such a spell, I swear!" Of course that can't, I had to practice for ages for that spell to work!, he thinks.

The other students gathered around the two wizards, everyone looking just as curious and amused as Baekhyun does. The Hogwarts Express was driving through a forest in the meantime, rain drumming against the windows of the gigantic train, but Baekhyun couldn't bother, he was too intrigued by the funny act in front of him.

"Do you want me to ... do something about it?" Jongin asks, eyes constantly gazing from Kyungsoo to the wand in his hand. "I'm so sorry!"

Kyungsoo forces himself to stay calm, after all, it takes a lot to actually get angry at someone as innocent as Kim Jongin. "No, it's o-okay." He says, but he sure as hell doesn't look like it. Baekhyun silently giggles to himself.

It was a good idea to smuggle the Green-O-Frogs with him to the Hogwarts Express.

After secretly interconverting Jongin's boring Fizzy Wizzy's with his own self-made Green-O-Frogs, he just waited for the things to take their turn. He couldn't possibly know that Jongin would offer his Fizzy Wizzy's to Do Kyungsoo, who then assumed that it was Jongin's fault. Oh, things were just going so well. And now Kyungsoo's face was green and nobody knew that it was Baekhyun after all.

Well, that wasn't quite true.

"Okay, what did you do to that poor guy?"

Baekhyun didn't even notice that his friend Kim Jongdae was standing next to him until he dared to speak up. "Oh, it's nothing."

"His face is green!"

"So? Remember when I made Yixing fart for twelve hours straight? Fun times."

"No, that wasn't funny it was disgusting." Jongdae sighs, now facing the Slytherin again. It was a rare thing for a Gryffindor and a Slytherin to just get along, but Baekhyun and Jongdae make it work. "Kyungsoo looks really uncomfortable Baek, do something about this mess." 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes, his arms still crossed in a mocking manner. "Calm down, Dae", he smirks. "I have everything under control."

"Yeah", Jongdae gazes at a nearly crying Kyungsoo and a puppy-like Jongin, freaking out because he doesn't know what to do with a green Kyungsoo in front of him. "Definitely under control."

"Okay okay okay", Baekhyun says. "It's not my fault they can't take a silly joke!"

"But you just had to pick the most insecure students at Hogwarts for you silly joke, hadn't you?" Jongdae looks angry now, throwing a deathly stare at the Slytherin. "Do. Something. About. This. Mess."

Baekhyun gives in. (He can't help it, Jongdae is just too stubborn for his own good.)

According to what Baekhyun read in the Pranking Fellow Students - Here's How! guide, Kyungsoo shouldn't stay green for longer than a few minutes (or hours), so technically there was nothing to worry about, but Byun Baekhyun wasn't entirely sneaky. He longed for his wand, ignoring the thankful expression on Jongdae's face, and just when he was about to-

"What the hell is going on? Why is that Ravenclaw kid green?"

"This can't be ing happening right now", Baekhyun mumbles to himself, letting his wand slide back into his pants. Out of all the students that could've appeared at this very moment, why does it have to be Mr. I-Am-So-Perfect-No-One-Is-Better-Than-Me Slytherin prefect Park Chanyeol?

"I-I-I don't know!" Jongin cries out, begging for forgiveness. "I just gave him my Fizzy Wizzy's and now he's ... he's green."

"I see that", Chanyeol wore his Slytherin scarf is pride and dignity, a very cocky and superior frown on his manly face. There was a reason why Park Chanyeol was the most loved and respected student at Hogwarts — he was scary as . It was no secret around the Slytherin's that Chanyeol was one of the rare heirs of the wealthy Park household; that gave him status and power. And for 's sake, he knows how to handle power.

"Where's the Ravenclaw prefect?" Chanyeol's deep commanding voice roars through the compartment. The other students start leaving in a hurry, having lost the fun once Chanyeol appeared. No wonder. 

"He must be in another compartment", the green Kyungsoo says shyly. "I'm sorry for ... this." He points at his face and Baekhyun can't help but grin. 

"You're an ." Jongdae snarls silently. 

Chanyeol shoots a bored look at both Jongin and Kyungsoo, appearing to be so disinterested in Kyungsoo's green face that Baekhyun wonders why he applied for the job as a prefect in the first way. "Seems like someone pulled a childish prank on you."

Jongin gasps, pretending to be shocked (though he certainly isn't), while Kyungsoo nods understandingly. "Who would do that?" He asks.

"Yeah, just who?" Jongdae asks all of a sudden, making the three guys in front of them finally realize that there were two other students standing a few steps away from them. Luckily, they don't notice how Jongdae eyes Baekhyun suspiciously.

"Gryffindor, this is none of your business." Chanyeol says superficially, only staring at the red scarf that Jongdae is wearing. "And Byun, the are you doing here?"

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. "I was actually trying to pee, but then I saw something green and got curious."

"Uh ... same", Jongdae probably regrets saying it the second after the words escaped his lips (and Baekhyun gave his friend a surprised look at that).

Chanyeol, obviously annoyed and bored, opens his mouth to say something ignorant and cocky, but he gets cut off by a female person entering the compartment. The girl had long wavy hair and wore the same silver and green scarf that Baekhyun and Chanyeol did. It's Kim Yoojung, another popular Slytherin girl. "Yeol, what's wrong?" She says, but Chanyeol doesn't need to answer that once she sees Kyungsoo's face. "Oh."

"Yeah, it's probably a first grader shopping at Zonko's Joke Shop."

The girl giggles. "You're helping this poor boy, aren't you, baby?"

"I can try my best but that's it", Chanyeol pats Yoojung's back and lets out a sigh. "Maybe it's not so bad that that Ravenclaw prefect is nowhere to be found. Because actually, I am the best student Hogwarts has to offer." Chanyeol smirks, looking so full of himself Baekhyun could've thrown up. 

"Well, he's not wrong." Jongdae whispers before they head back to their compartment.

 

 

Professor Dumbledore holds a speech that Baekhyun isn't following (to no one's surprise), he is too hungry to sit in The Great Hall and listen to the same boring speech that the teachers repeat every year for the seventh time. You may not visit the Forbidden Forest, yada yada, You may not enter the common rooms of houses other than your own, yada yada, You may not remove books from the Restricted Section in the Library, yada yada -

Baekhyun knows those in and out. 

Also, it's not like he follows the rules anyway.

He's Byun Baekhyun, after all.

"Are you sleeping?" 

"No, you idiot, I am eating." Baekhyun rolls his eyes.

Kris Wu grins, showing his perfectly white teeth off. He was one of the only students at Slytherin that didn't hate Baekhyun's guts (probably because they used to attend detention together last year, and probably because he's one of the only students that Baekhyun didn't pull a bad prank on). "I am so used to seeing you sleep at weird places that it's a shocker when you're actually awake."

"Trust me, I'd love to sleep", he stares at Dumbledore and shakes his head. "Truly, I love that man, but how the hell do all of you find the motivation to listen to him repeat the same thing over and over again?"

"Well", Kris leans back confidently. "Hufflepuffs listen out of politeness, Ravenclaws listen because they don't want to miss out on something, Gryffindors only pretend to listen, and Slytherins ...", he gazes over the Slytherin table, frowning. "Seriously, who the heck listens here?"

Baekhyun follows Kris' gaze and starts counting. Not one Slytherin is actually listening to Dumbledore's speech, it seems. Some of them are talking to their friends, some are dozing off, and some are ... "wait", Baekhyun sharpens his eyes. "Where is Park Chanyeol?" ... and some are absent.

As if on cue, Dumbledore's voice gets louder; so loud that it is impossible to avoid and Baekhyun finds himself listening to the headmaster's words carefully.

"This year, it is our duty to look after those who need it. Whether it's time for us to learn to love or to forgive. It's time for all of us to finally realize that we can only win as four, whether it be Slytherin, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw." Dumbledore stops for a second. "Dark times lie ahead of us. And our fight for the good is not over until they lie past us."

Baekhyun fills his plate with lots of chicken.

Yada yada yada.

 

 

"What's that, Hagrid?" Jongdae asks curiously, his eyes glued to the ... to the thing that Hagrid was playing with.

"That's a baby Venomous Tentacula, Jongdae, haven't you listened to Professor Sprout in Herbalogy last year?" Kyungsoo asks and seems genuinely shocked. "They are usualy very dangerous."

"What do you mean 'dangerous'?"

"Well", Kyungsoo starts, looking very serious and affected all of a sudden. "Their spikes are deadly. I really don't know why you would ever take that near us, Hagrid!"

"Ah", Hagrid shrugs it off, an innocent smile on his big lips. "Balderdash! They're totally harmless."

"N-No they aren't!" Kyungsoo shrieks.

"It's a baby!"

Baekhyun takes a closer look at the little (seriously harmless looking) plant in front of him. It had lots of veins and a surprisingly cute mouth. "Yeah, just wait until it grows."

"It's not staying here for that long, boy." Hagrid says, his voice sounding sad. "It's just for tonight, y'know. Professor Sprout asked me to take care of them until she prepares her Herbalogy lesson for tomorrow." He shrugs, taking a short look of the dangerous plant before turning back to the three boys. "Anyways ... why did you visit me in the first place?"

At that, Kyungsoo sighs in embarrassment. "If you haven't noticed it until now, my face is green."

Oh right! He totally forgot that!

Apparently, the jinx didn't just last for a couple of minutes, but a couple of ... months. Madam Pomfrey told Kyungsoo that he needed a balm that Hagrid had somewhere in his hut. And because Jongdae wouldn't stop nagging, Baekhyun had to admit that it was him so Jongin wouldn't cry in a corner out of guilt anymore.

"Now that you say it", Hagrid studies Kyungsoo's green face passionately. "Well boys, you should go ask Madam Pom -"

"She said she ran out of Anphritircus", Kyungsoo says 'Anphritircus' as if it is the most common word in the word. "And that you possess it."

"Oh!" Hagrid stands up (and Baekhyun hates how small he looks in contrast to the giant next to him). "I have no clue what Anphradeldus is, but it sounds familiar to something that Madam Pomfrey gave me sixteen years ago!"

Jongdae and Baekhyun exchange a short look.

"First of all, it's Anphritircus." Kyungsoo corrects.

"First of all, maybe you should stay green forever", Baekhyun adds sarcastically.

"... and secondly, is something that she gave you sixteen years ago still useful?" Kyungsoo asks, ignoring the bratty comment of Baekhyun.

"Honestly Hagrid, I don't think you will find it if it's so old." Jongdae says truthfully. "I mean ... it could be anywhere."

Hagrid chews on his upper lip, thinking carefully. "You're right, Jongdae, absolutely right ... I mean, I could try, but I'm not the youngest anymore, y'know. I forget almost everything ... I even forgot that I had a dog last week."

"What ... okay whatever", Kyungsoo shakes his green head. "You have to find it or I'm staying green for a long long time! How can anyone ever take me seriously like that?"

"Don' worry, boy!" Hagrid starts looking in the kitchen, opening drawers and searching for the balm inside of them. "I will find it. I know what it feels like to not get taken seriously, been through that."

Kyungsoo nods thankfully.

"Well", Baekhyun jumps up, giving Kyungsoo a pitiful look. "Seems like we can't do anything right now, we should just go -",

"You just want to go back to the dormitory and sleep, Baek." Jongdae crosses his arms. "It was you who made him become green in the first place. You can't just rush off and force him to accept the situation."

"What, do you want to watch Hagrid look for the balm until they force us to go back to our common rooms? Haven't you listened to Dumbledore earlier? We have a curfew to follow."

"Since when do you actually listen to Dumbledore's speech?"

Baekhyun opens his mouth to his defense, but Kyungsoo says something out of the blue instead. "No, he's right", Kyungsoo crosses his arms, his green face looking even more ridiculous than before (and Baekhyun truly hates himself for thinking that). "We should go back and let Hagrid look for the balm thoroughly. If we stay here, we might bother him."

"See", Baekhyun says triumphantly, being disappointed by Jongdae ignoring him.

"Are you sure?" Jongdae knits his brows, staring from Hagrid to Kyungsoo to the baby Venomous Tentacular. "I mean, we could find it way faster if we look for it together."

"But the curfew", Baekhyun sings (he swears he can hear Jongdae hiss 'shut up', but chooses to overhear it).

"I rather stay green for another day than to get expelled." Kyungsoo says. "As much as I would love to disagree with Baekhyun, he has a point." Kyungsoo and Jongdae sigh both at once. "Hagrid, I'm sorry -"

Hagrid shrugs, shaking his head. "No, it's a'right, really. Fang 'n I will look for it everywhere. Jus' trust me, a'right?"

The three wizards nod as Baekhyun already opens the door. He watches Jongdae and Kyung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter