*1*

Agó̱nasius

My name is Hyunjin.

Hyunjin opened her eyes and yawned as she got up. She rubbed her eyes, as she couldn’t rest any longer due to the liveliness out on the streets. Hyunjin walked over to her window and opened the curtains to watch the people bustle on the streets. Many people walked with bags full of objects they have just bought, others held their phones against their ears as they were calling their loved ones to inform them of how their day was. Hyunjin could faintly hear warm music filling the air, making the atmosphere much better. It’s been so long since she had left the world of the gods. She had almost forgotten how beautiful the human world was.

Hyunjin opened the window and the sound rushed into her room and she let out a smile. How lovely this place was. Hyunjin looked at her surroundings and smiled as she realized where she was. She was in Vienna.

“My gods! If it weren’t for this game, I’d love to just stay here!” Hyunjin said in fluent German. Hyunjin was surprised at her own voice; it wasn’t the usual ancient Greek language that she had spoken all her life.

“Strange,” Hyunjin said again to affirm that she was not imagining her new tongue.

Hyunjin wanted to walk out into the streets and greet everyone and give kudos to the musicians, but then she realized… would they find it unusual that someone they have never seen before just walk out of a building and talk to them

Hyunjin hadn’t realized how strange it was until now, but her new lifestyle just appeared out of thin air. Where had this body come from? Where had this home come from? Did she just enter a mortal’s body, or did Gaia alter her into this world?

Hyunjin shook her head.

“There is no point in asking useless questions,” Hyunjin said to herself. “That’ll only just detour me from my main objective.”

Hyunjin walked into her bathroom and slightly froze at her reflection.

“My, I might be turned into a flower by Nemesis,” Hyunjin said as she looked at her face. Besides her impeccable face, her eyes stuck out. Her eyes were a deep shade of gold—it kind of reminded her of a cat.

“I will surely stick out if I go out in public.” Hyunjin sighed. “If the other goddesses are around, they will be able to spot me from miles away.”

Hyunjin put her head in her hands but stopped as she realized.

“Wait, I remember clearly, the others also had strangely colored eyes. Is it a hint?” Hyunjin muttered to herself. “No that can’t be, yellow has no correlation with who I am. Then isn’t it impossible to find out our true identities?”

Hyunjin picked up her toothbrush and began brushing her teeth as she thought. She looked into the mirror and noticed something black on her arm. Maybe a hair? Hyunjin spits out her toothpaste and the water to rinse as she observed her arm. It was a tattoo, rather big and quite gaudy. Hyunjin looked at it and yelled, “What is this!”

The tattoo on her arm was αγώνα για να ζήσει. Hyunjin was relieved to find that she could still understand greek, for it read “fight to live”.

“What a strange phrase. Quite poetic…?” Hyunjin said. Then she gasped. “This is it!”

“A hint!” Hyunjin yelled in excitement. Gaia had said that we would have to find out if there were hints, and this is it! Could there also be other hints?”

Hyunjin went over to her window and watched the streets fill with more activity.

“Is this also it? Vienna?” Hyunjin said. “Oh, how I knew we had a connection.”

 

 

“She’s quite perceptive,” Haseul said as she turned to Vivi. “Enjoying the show so far?”

“Of course not, why would I enjoy watching small goddesses fight over a spot that’s not even theirs?” Vivi retorted as she tried to fit in between the bars.

“Oh, but Vivi, what can a mere mortal like you say to goddesses?” Haseul mocked.

Είσαι ένας μαλάκας και μισός.” Vivi spat.

“We really need to fix that mouth of yours.” Haseul sneered.

“Shut up,” Vivi said.

“I’m rooting for Hyunjin for it’d be quite interesting if she won, as she isn’t really a strong candidate overall,” Haseul said.

“Who cares,” Vivi said. “Just get me out of here so I can get back to where I belong.”

“You don’t belong anywhere, except for this cage,” Haseul said. “You lost your title in shame, so act with humility. You have nowhere else to go.”

Vivi flinched at the harsh words. She flinched. Vivi, one of the twelve Olympians, flinched. Vivi looked down, I guess she isn’t a goddess anymore.

“Good,” Haseul said as she saw the change in attitude. “Now watch like a good girl,”

“,” Vivi said.

 

 

 

“I’m getting absolutely nowhere,” Hyunjin said as she was writing her notes on what she remembered from everyone’s first “meeting”. She remembered everything clearly.

“Thank you mother,” she thanked her godly mother above for her hereditary gift. She felt like she had to take a moment to thank her, as it might be easier for her because she knows what to look for.

“I don’t think the animal factor is really a hint, as a cat really has nothing to do with me…” Hyunjin muttered to herself. “But it was quite reckless for some of them to talk more than they should’ve…”

Hyunjin wrote down a couple more notes. “Now taking their personalities into account, I can only work with three people… first, the swan, the penguin and the wolf.”

Hyunjin wrote down everything those three said in her notebook. “The swan was quite crude and demeaning… I don’t want to get caught up with her… Secondly, the penguin was mature and handled the swan quite calmly. Sadly, a lot of people are like that, so I might not get anywhere with her. Lastly, the wolf was… quite interesting… she seemed to talk to herself. What a fool,”

Hyunjin laughed at the thought of the wolf.

“Wait… actually, I’m no better…” Hyunjin tapped her pen against her notebook. “I’m actually getting nowhere!”

Hyunjin threw her pen in her notebook and closed it. She leaned back in her chair. “Forget it! I’m just going to stay here! This is going to take forever!”

Hyunjin walked over to her bed and collapsed on the covers. “I don’t have a lot of powers so I’m quite powerless… and whatever talent I have just makes my identity more obvious…”

Hyunjin got up and walked into the bathroom to ready herself for bed. “The odds are forever against my favors,”

Hyunjin changed into her pajamas. It felt like she had been living here for years. Whatever Haseul did to manipulate their minds like this, it was quite convenient at the moment.

“How will I find another goddess…” Hyunjin sighed as she picked up her book from her nightstand. It was a book about Greek goddesses.

She flipped through the book and tried to read all of it so she would be able to know all the goddesses from the top of her head.

She flipped to the page about Gaea. Hyunjin was about to turn the page when she stopped.

Wait… Haseul made this game, and she is most likely watching over us… so…

“Hey, Haseul, you hear me?” Hyunjin said. No answer. Was she just being an idiot? “Come on, don’t let me talk to thin air like a buffoon. You know I’m not.”

A pause.

“I have a wager I want to make with you,” Hyunjin said.

A laugh erupted from the room, and then soon Haseul appeared in front of Hyunjin.

“You just know how to get my attention.” Haseul chuckled. “But why should I accept your little bet?”

“Well, you don’t but, let me just say, one option may help you,” Hyunjin said.

Haseul put a chin in her hand. “Ok, fine let’s hear what you have to say.”

“No backing down now,” Hyunjin said.

“Of course not. That isn’t honorable.” Haseul said.

“Alright,” Hyunjin said. She put her two hands out. In her left hand, a pen and paper appeared and in the other, a key appeared.

“My, such interesting objects,” Haseul said as she raised an eyebrow.

“In my left hand, you swear to write down the location of one other goddess. In my right hand, you swear to reveal your secret.” Hyunjin said. “Which do you choose.”

“Now this is hardly a fair option.” Haseul smiled.

“Is it?” Hyunjin said. “You either reveal one’s secret or your own. I’d say that is pretty reasonable.”

“Which option will help me?” Haseul said.

“Seems like both will just help you either way,” Haseul said.

“I never said it was a bet for me. It’s a bet as someone is at stake.” Hyunjin said.

“I guess,” Haseul said. “I pick the left hand.”

Hyunjin smiled and the key disappeared and the pen levitated into Haseul’s hand. The paper floated in front of the goddess. She wrote down the name of a city and the paper rolled up and flew back to Hyunjin.

“Wasn’t that fun,” Hyunjin said.

“How will this option help me?” Haseul asked. “I’m quite curious.”

“Well, now these games will progress faster and will be more amusing for you.” Hyunjin smiled.

“Second question,” Haseul said as she laughed at the last answer. “How did you know I had a secret?”

“I didn’t, that was my gamble,” Hyunjin said. “I guess, now I do know that you have a secret. Don’t worry though, I won’t trick you into giving that up.”

“Cheeky brat.” Haseul smiled. “My fondness for you has grown, and because of that, I shall reveal another’s location.”

Haseul summoned a scroll and wrote on it before sending it towards Hyunjin’s direction.

“I thank you,” Hyunjin smiled.

Haseul smiled. “My favor is towards you, don’t let me down.”

Haseul disappeared with a godly glow. Hyunjin went over to her notebook and opened the two scrolls. She picked up her pen and wrote down two things in her notebook:

“Rome.”

“Paris.“


AN:

First chapter complete! Sorry about it being short! Since it's the beginning, I'm kind of just introducing characters first before doing anything elaborate... With that being said, Hyunjin might not be seen in a couple chapters (or the other two that will cross roads with her). 

I'm kind of making their identities a little obvious. There might be a lot of questions as to why some of it's choppy, but it'll really only make sense when you figure out who they all are. 

Again, I am making stuff up and adding things to make it easier and more enjoyable. So I might take some traits from their parents and add it to their traits to make them more diverse/powerful. I'm also going to add my little spin on them (while still having the original Greek mythology).

Anyways! If you want, comment down below who you think Hyunjin is! If not, maybe even just comment what you think so far as comments motivate me to do better!

Until next time!

 

Translation(s):

Είσαι ένας μαλάκας και μισός – you are one and a half of an

​​​​​​​