Don't Be Shy

When I Cut Your Heart, I Knew I Didn't Miss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flushed up, you pick me up and put me down

Don't Be Shy - Primary ft. ChoA and Iron

 

*warning of homophobic slurs*

btw imagine what Chenle looked like on Weekly Idol 

 

xxx

 

 

Sometimes, he just wants to slaughter Chenle.

 

Jisung couldn't be more annoyed. Here was Chenle with his stupid hot blond hair, teasing him about his pink sweater. Teasing the cool faced, basketball captain. It was a pale pink sweater with embroidered flowers on it, but Jisung liked it enough to buy it and didn't care what anyone else thought. The so called flower boy steely glared forward, not daring to look at Chenle, or his worn down denim jacket hanging loosely on his broad frame.

 

Although countless people looked at him curiously and questionably as he wore his pink sweater, Jisung couldn't care less. Most admired and sometimes were intimidated by Jisung for being a star player on the basketball team (dubbed the 'captain') and cool demeanour. Anyone who made fun of Jisung would know that they would get a beating from the whole varsity basketball team, but Zhong Chenle just had it for him.

 

It’s a wonder in itself how Jisung hasn’t told anyone or how nobody else knew, but this time it was different. Instead of it bring clear cut, the line was blurred and scribbled. Chenle just cherished, practically thrived on bullying Jisung for being gay. It was a first for Jisung, and he didn't really know how to approach it.

 

Luckily for Jisung, Chenle only whispered them in his ear, or when they were alone. You could say he was his own, personal bully. That spawn of the devil kept bringing it up in class, calling him a and other gay slurs, and it didn't help that he sat right next to him.

 

"Jisuuung, you got a date tonight or something? Meeting up with some guy?" Chenle whispered, smirking. Gosh he wanted to punch those lips. "I bet it's some balding rich guy, you'd do anything for , wouldn't you?" Chenle said under his breath, pretending to take notes while Mr. Seo pranced around the room happily explaining isotopes.

 

Jisung took a deep breath to calm himself, and ignored all the countless ways he thought of murdering the boy. He wasn't gonna get in a stupid argument with an even more stupid boy.

 

"Hmm, so you're not gonna answer. That's fine, just don't call me for help when you get , ." Chenle muttered, making sure only Jisung heard, and putting emphasis on the last word. The victim could only smell cheap cigarettes and the scent of pine trees with how close Chenle was, he ignored that thought though. Those two were in their own little world of push and pull, the class not paying any mind.

 

Jisung felt steam coming out of his ears, and his chest was a blurry paint mess, but luckily Chenle stopped after that. Class went by smoothly, and as soon as the bell rang, Chenle appeared in front of Jisungs desk with a Cheshire grin. "Where did ya get that sweater, Victoria's Secret? "

 

And Jisung promptly walked away, biting his lip till he could taste scarlet.

 

 

xxx

 

 

"School can my ! I wanna rip all my brain cells out! What's so wrong with a damn pink sweater?!" Jisung cried in exasperation, stuffing his face in a pillow and huffing. Here he was secretly agonizing over Chenle while they calmly played Mario Kart.

 

"Hey Jisung, you know I would beat up anyone who made fun of you, just tell me the name." Jeno reminded, aware of the age difference and that Jisung was still impressionable.

 

"It's okay, I got this. He's just a little prick…" Jisung grumbled, violently resting his face on a worn out pillow.

 

"Same guy huh." Jeno was less surprised these days, but he still watched over with eyes of a hawk. Though he didn't know many of other kids in Jisungs grade. he had a feeling he knew who it was, but he never got the juicy details from the victim himself. There seems to be no eye witnesses either, no matter how who he asks around.

 

Glossing over boring topics, Jeno, purposely or not, brings up Chenle as being the mysterious kid in Jisungs grade. Jenos entire grade is curious on who the new kid is, or was at his last school. "Do you know Chenle? I heard he's a super fun guy in one of your classes."

 

"You mean the new kid? Yeah, I know him, he's a grunge rock star who smokes behind the school." Jisung joked lamely. "And does weed." Jeno adds, remembering the aroma as he walked past Chenle.

 

"Why do you wanna know? He's just the new kid, it's only been 2 weeks since he came here." Jisung stated, getting frustrated as Jeno passed him in Coconut Mall.

 

"A lot of girls and guys we're wondering about him, being all funny and that crap. Plus he's actually not that bad looking." Jeno said quite optimistically, scanning Jisungs reaction with a side eye.

 

"You know when I said he was a grunge rockstar? I mean he's like the life of a really boring party." Jisung restates, his fingers gripping the controller a little tighter. Jeno smiles innocently. "What? I heard he's pretty funny and nice compared to his appearance. I just wanted to see if it was true."

 

"Well it's not, his jokes are cringy and overused, and he laughs at his own comments with the shrill of a dolphin! Who does that?" Jisung couldn't grip on to reality while talking about Chenle, so he kept rambling. "I thought dying your hair such a bright color would be against the school dress code, but he just skips in and out of the principals office without a clinch. He even smokes! You can smell it off his breath and it stains his clothing and anyone who stands too close."

 

"Now you're making him sound like a complete douchebag. He can't be that bad, he has the face of an angel." Jenos amused with how well this is going, not caring to mask it. "I think I even smelt a whiff of cigarettes on that pink sweater of yours. You're not smoking, are you?"

 

"Excuse me? You think I would waste my life away like those guys, and if you think I do anything with Chen-"

 

"Woah, you said it, not me!" Jeno cut him off before he finished that risky idea, and reassured Jisung before he got too hostile and his plan backfired. "Yeah I got it, don’t worry, its just that I can actually smell tobacco off that sweater of yours."

 

Jisung looked at him weirdly before smelling the sweater and immediately tossing it away. "I'll wash it once I get home."

 

"I wont snoop, I'll let you figure out your problems alone, but if you ever want to talk about anything…" Jisung just looked straight at the T.V.

 

"But seriously, don't worry too much about that Chenle kid and what he does in his spare time. I heard he had a tough past but despite all that he's still pretty nice. Jaemin said Chenle even bought him a bag of chips. For free!"

 

"Is that so? He seems to have a soft spot for everyone except me." Jisung grins bitterly, stuffing his face in the pillow more, feeling the rough woven fibres graze his chin.

 

"Maybe you killed him in a past life. Like stabbed him in the chest and blood and guts were just everywhere!" Jeno supplied, voice thick with sarcasm. Jisung thinks that's a pretty accurate description of his and Chenle's relationship right now, but with the roles reversed.

 

"Hey, I'm trying to be serious here! We're just like…steel against steel! I don't know it's just pure friction!"

 

"Oh Jisung you don't have a crush on a grunge rockstar, do yo-" and before Jeno could finish his sentence the gentle flower boy slapped him. Jeno then calmly responded. "Sorry sorry!! I was joking! He kinda has the look of a bad boy, but he's really just mean…to you, as you're well aware of. You guys are like two alpha males, always butting heads."

 

"Great, that solves all my problems! Thanks Jeno." Jisung rolled his eyes. "And Chenle was the one who started head butting me first, by the way."

 

Ignoring Jisungs last statement, Jeno continued on praising Chenle, much to Jisungs dim reaction. "I saw him introducing new transfer students and showing them around school. If he wasn't so mean, you guys would probably get along well."

 

The thing was, Jeno had a good point. And Jisung knew that.

 

The thing was, before Chenle went to his school, Jisung didn't really know if he was gay. He'll admit that guys aren't exactly repulsive, but no magical romantic feelings were ever involved, in girls too. The only budding of that feeling was in kindergarten, but the boy moved away.

 

That boy turned out to be Chenle.

 

Back in kindergarten they were best friends. As best as friends little kindergartens could be, but then Chenle had to leave. Chenle was the same as he was back then: big smiles and a sickening outgoing personality. Now he just wears that damn denim jacket and black ripped skinny jeans. Maybe smoke or something too, probably plays guitar in a rock band for all he knows.

 

Jisung knew he kind of admired Chenle's character, and maybe for what Chenle bullied him for.

 

Being a 15 year old with raging hormones, Jisung still isn't quite sure what to think of this new and improved Chenle. Yeah, he "liked" him for a week in kindergarten, but now it's hitting him in full force. It was like a blaring alarm to his peaceful sleeping heart. Jisung didn't like it one bit.

 

When Jisung saw Chenle after 7 years in his school hallway, he was a deer caught in headlights. Mouth hanging open and eyes wide in disbelief; Zhong Chenle was hot. Smoking hot.

 

The kindergartener Jisung knew was no longer there, he lost his baby fat, and his cheeks were no longer as round. He dyed his hair blond with a mix of blue grey, and it curled around his charming face. His smirk was to kill for, and he dressed in the skinniest jeans Jisung has ever seen, as if they were painted on. Just by looking Jisung could tell he was fit and had some muscle, his height competing with himself.

 

Pale blond hair and teasing smirks are all Jisung can think of when he sees that spawn of the devil. It's all he can think about when Chenle whispers "" in his ear, his breath warm and surprisingly relaxing. Jisung can smell the cigarettes mixed with pine trees whenever they're too close. His nose has gotten used to the cheap and addicting aroma, almost craving it. It didn't mean he was gay though, because it was nicotine not feelings. Second hand smoking had it's effects.

 

As Chenle made his way to the school office, he boringly made eye contact with the shocked Jisung. All the other boy could do was sputter out a strangled "Ch-Chenle…?" and miss the way

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter