Final

Let's go home // Min Yoongi

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

 

 

Yoongi was casually chatting at the local bar just across the street from his house. Sitting down by the tables with his mates, he took shots of alcohol and drunk it down burning the insides of his throat. Pouring each shot of alcohol into his glass, he took a moment to look over at his band members laughing along and smiling like animals at a party.

Unlike now, he missed smiling like he once did back then. His new group BTS, that debuted years ago now became his new home. A new family, a new relationship and even a new life. Everything he had changed into the past few years made him happier.

But the smile he grew didn't feel like the one he grew before.

Yoongi took down his eighth shot of whisky and was feeling the drunken feeling kicking in. The youngest member, Jungkook began to notice suddenly after chatting with Namjoon and chuckled at his Hyung's reaction.

"Hyung, is that what it's really like to drink lots of shots of alcohol?" Jungkook questioned, making him sound like a 2-year-old child.

Namjoon smiled at his youngest dongsaeng, looking at him grow older one by one and understanding the meaning of youth through the background music and life.

"Yah, of course, it is!" Namjoon said, punching Jungkook's shoulder like he never knew." "You just have to wait awhile or drink a few more shots for the effect to hit you."

"I want to try, but I don't want to be known as an idol who drinks alcohol. I'm not that type of person who agrees with smoking, drinking and drugs." Jungkook explained and put down his empty can of Coke onto the table.

"You've grown well Jungkook. I've raised you perfectly along with Taehyung." Namjoon reflected and made Jungkook scrawl his face in embarrassment.

"Yah! I'm not a baby Hyung! I've learnt this stuff before!"

"Then what will happen if I explain this to Taehyung, hmm?" Namjoon lifted his eyebrows and a chase began.

Namjoon and Jungkook took off towards the bathroom, the sounds of their footsteps being cut off by the loud music in the background. Yoongi was beginning to feel dizzy with all the drinking and loud noises that were ringing in his ear.

Since Namjoon and Jungkook left him by himself, it was time for him to revisit the past again.

He remembered the times when he would come home from working at the Big Hit practice room with beads of sweat dripping down his forehead. Your face was the first thing he would see.

He watched you stand up from the floor folding the clothes into piles and noticed the effort he spent just to make you happy. You would immediately attend his needs, grab towels dipped in cold water and lay him down to cool under the temperature of the cloth.

He missed the times when you would glance at the ice cream shops by the market and ask him for the chocolate flavour, the flavour he liked the most. Grabbing two scoops for the both of you on one cone, them one by one like a real couple.

When he missed the irresistible touch of your skin after you fell asleep, he caressed them well making sure your pretty face wasn't ruined by your boyfriend. They felt like pillows and fluffy clouds you could bounce on.

But all Yoongi could do was sigh at such a cruel mistake he made after looking back at the last memory he thought of you. He even wondered why he mentioned 'boyfriend' in the first place.

He had left you for someone else.
 
___
 

"Hyung!" Jimin called and ran up behind Yoongi to hook onto his shoulder. Yoongi glanced at Jimin who wore a pair of sunglasses and a bright red and grey striped long-sleeved shirt.

"Hmm?" He casually questioned, continuing to walk alongside him following the other members to a nice restaurant Jin was fancying.

"After this, can you pay me an ice cream to eat? The heat is killing me."

Yoongi paused. He didn't stop walking, but rather he stopped thinking.

Ice Cream?

"M-Maybe next time okay? It's not the time for ice cream yet." He responded boldly, showing no signs of an agreement which he usually does.

Jimin felt a rather odd presence surrounding Yoongi, most of the time around the moment's someone mentions 'ice cream' or 'pillow'. It did feel somewhat stupid for him to think his Hyung would be a different person just because of some everyday items. He just went along with it anyways.

Jimin shook it off, brushing ahead of Yoongi as he caught up with Hoseok and Jin who were talking about the weather. Hoseok dozed into the land of lyrics while Jin thought of clouds as food.

"Why did you have to mention Ice Cream..." Yoongi breathed and continued with the pace.

The other members stopped in front of a restaurant far quicker than planned. The building was quite close to the Main Dorm and it was strange Jin didn't bring them to such a fancy restaurant earlier. Luckily, Jin was glad he found the new shop as the fresh aroma was already filling up his taste buds. A cafe and restaurant were put into one building. Those were enough words to satisfy his needs for food.

"Wait... Hyung. Isn't this way too close to our dorm? Why didn't we come here before?" Hoseok asked and pulled down his black mask, rubbing his chin aggressively.

"Yeah, I know it's close, but this shop just opened and it already got lots of visits!" Jin tried to convince the other members but they weren't having it.

"I'll have a try, though." Yoongi blurted. "Come on, just give it a try. Please?"

"Oh fine." Hoseok agreed and went inside.

The other members followed behind each other as they opened the door, making sure there weren't any fans around to notice them. They followed along and left Jin and Yoongi standing outside the building staring at them through the window.

"Yoongi, I need to tell you something." Jin suddenly spoke which broke the unpleasant silent between the two of them.

Yoongi turned his head around to face Jin who had a frown plastered on his face, which made him worry.

"Hyung, what's wrong?" He asked, holding onto Jin's shoulder knowing the next thing he will say is something bad.

Jin breathed a heavy sigh before pulling out his phone and opening up his photos album.

He turned his attention to the screen only to notice something that had turned his whole life around.

"Y/N..." He finally said your name and placed his hands on his mouth to prevent crying sounds escaping.

Tears flooded his eyes immediately after seeing the image.

Yoongi ran away from Jin suddenly, Jin screaming for his name behind him as he ran further, running with all his might trying to let his feet carry him down the road. Towards the house that you once shared with him.

3 years ago it was left untouched.
 
___
 

Yoongi barged into the house, dust and balls of dirt collected in the corners of each room which left an unexpected sneezing mania into his system.

He held onto his jacket sleeve tightly to his nose so he didn't have to breathe in the dust.

'Where is it? Where is it?' He kept wondering and scurried around the house searching for what he was looking for that has been kept in the same spot for all these years.

Turning on all the lights, Yoongi spotted something shiny and headed towards the object at full speed.

It was the piano that you gave to him on his 21st birthday to celebrate 2 decades he spent being alive, so you brought him a piano that was just the same age.

The black coat of paint stayed clear and polished after Yoongi blew away the dust and sat down on the piano seat.

This was what he was waiting for.

Resting his arms on the keys of the large instrument, his fingers began to play.

It took him away from his misery. All the pain he did to leave you behind just to sacrifice it for the job he wanted to grow up into as a kid. He always looked back and noticed hundred of pages written in his eyes as he stared at his group.

Yoongi's past formed vividly in his head. Your face, your cheeks, your body, you shape, your smile was all he thought of. The face he missed so much after years of being left alone and hidden behind walls. The barrier was broken. He could see you again using these keys his fingers were touching.

He stopped for a moment, and froze in his seat, letting his weak arms slip down the edges of his delicate present. Slamming his forehead against the piano board, he smiled without realising and looked up at the ceiling where darkness was seeping through.

"Let's go home Y/N."

 
"Let's Go Home."
 

Yoongi breathed one last sentence before collapsing onto the piano, just thinking of you next to him and his future children. Laying in their deathbeds. 

 
Together