Assessment Before Action

DE_SYNC

Before one rushes to the battlefield, he doesn't plan, he assesses it. Every single action and reaction, both possible and implausible, is considered in every thought in mind.

But Ohashi didn't like the odds as of now. It was different. Everything was different.

One thing that made it different was that Korea was already unified after the 'cold war' that the south and the north held for almost 50 years. It happened a long time ago, in this timeline, and those five years after were spent to re-integrate both traditions and technologies that the divided country could bring upon itself. And it was five years after Ohashi's supposed hit-and-rescue on Japan, a week before the North and South Korea decided that it would quit the unproductive stalemate. What was worse that everything was different now. Almost... everything.

It was true that the 'agency' Momo's in is cautious about his words. No truth held when it was right in front of them. He can't deny that five years after that event, he could've gone rogue, and can't deny that the flashbang might've done something to him. But why now? Why did it 'snap' off? Ohashi shook his head as he looked at the TV showing more current news as of late. He can't deny it; this might be his very world and that very flashbang on that very day might have very triggered something ominous inside him.

And Special Forces Group members are in no short supply of ticking off quickly considering their mental state after an operation. Well, most.

He shrugged it off. He can't also deny that he might've been brushed off to another timeline, where all of this is real. He thought about it, since when would the North and the South stop that frozen hostility especially when the North is highly probable to dominate the world? And he can't also think about that this world might have its own 'Ohashi' running around and killing innocent people, while the 'other' Ohashi, which is him, gets the blame. And knowing all the grudges that Momo has, she will never listen to him.

He is a criminal in this world. There's nothing that could change a fact like that. Well, this world's Ohashi.

There, he knew one thing. Just as he made an omelet for breakfast after taking a bath, the only way to make him prove innocent was that to get this world's 'Ohashi'. By then, this world's 'Momo' wouldn't put a bullet in his head. But that would lead to some odd questions. How the hell did he end up here in the first place? By what cosmic force?

It troubled him so much. He was Special Forces, damnit! He was trained for the impossible, but not this impossible. It was perplexibly impossible to the point it should be non-existent. If the 'other world' theory is correct, then his goal would be stopping this world's Ohashi and make him innocent. If not... he's screwed. He has to accept that he ruined everything, including Momo's life. But he can't accept that as it was still a theory. And if he was a criminal, then he knew one thing. The man who made him escape that government-secured penitentiary.

Petrov is his first step. And he'll regret ever getting him out of that hellhole.

And he had to admit; being a criminal has its own advantages.

He finished his breakfast and went outside of the apartment, to the alleyway, to do his next move.

 


 

Ohashi checked the mental list in his head. It was quite the fill, really. Since using the internet might give a tip-off, he had no other choice but to ask the people around him about some whereabouts, here and there. In fact, he was quite lucky since he was- hem, this world's Ohashi is quite known for his acts. Sabotaging the Japanese Olympics as well as killing people by burning them alive, he was an world-renown arsonist. Every criminal liked his attitude; friendly but deadly. It felt odd since it gave the SFGp vibe, but it was quite the shock off, really.

After carefully talking to some people, as well as some underground mania, he could practically walk in, or say assault, Petrov directly. He was currently in Korea right now, as what the underground low-profilers had told him. This world's Ohashi as well as Petrov are in a collaboration to do something meticulous, but it wasn't the agency that Momo was in. He was sure that it wasn't. Their purpose there was to rescue him from that penitentiary, not destroy it outright, even if they nearly did the damage.

He then went to the alleyway where the his current safehouse was located. He busted out the keys from his pocket and twisted it. But there was no click, only a slight turn to the knob. Something was wrong. Could it be someone from the victim's household? Friend? Girlfriend? Boyfriend? He can't count on it. They must have a duplicate to open the door. But it didn't matter. He's always prepared. He opened the door as soon as he can, seeing that the hallway was still as it is, untouched. However, he saw a trail of footsteps, resembling that of heels.

"Crap."

Worst case scenario. It was the victim's girlfriend or a lady.

As he ascended to the stairs quietly, he quickly placed his ear on the door. He heard footsteps coming from the inside. He quickly assessed, thinking that she might know his location or that she may be looking elsewhere. With that in mind, he waited for her to be a few footsteps away from the door. But it didn't. She was going straight at it, running even. But before Ohashi could move down quickly on the stairs, the door swung open, hitting Ohashi right in the face as the door slammed in front of him.

He placed his hand on his face, shrugging off the pain. However, before he could react, he was punched right to his face, again. Only darkness prevailed, but not before seeing a pair of black combat heels kicking his face.

 


 

"Finally, thought Brimstone can't handle a kick to the face."

His eyes slowly opened as those words filled his brain with thought. He remembered, he was knocked out by someone with black combat heels. Blinking twice, he fully opened his eyes to see Momo in front of him, again. How?! He managed to get away from her, but he made sure that he can't be tracked down easily!

"I don't want my precious arsonist to die quickly now, do we?"

Those words filled his heart with anxiety and terror. He can't believe it. He didn't even start his assault yet at Petrov's! And here he was, tied in a chair again in the middle of the night!

"Silent as ever. The JSDF sure did a number to you about interrogation."

The agent then punched his abdomen, spitting out some saliva in the process.

"But Special Forces has its own way with dealing ice-cold arsonists. And mind you, be thankful I'm not pulling out the serum yet. Or I'm authorized to have it. Oh, what is this? You're thinking about how we managed to find you? See, you're not the only one adapting. I'm gonna let you know how. Take a guess?"

"Body implants? Tracking device? Security cameras?"

"Wrong, wrong, wrong!"

She punched him again in the gut two times, before slapping his head in the face.

"You see, criminals are idiots. We're not. So we made something that tracks down your location by using some of your DNA. Nasty work, right? 'R&D' calls it the 'Origin Tracker', but yeah, those nutjobs have a problem with names."

She pulls out the so called 'Origin Tracker'. It wasn't full of buttons or so, just something simple. But it had a touch screen for usage, as well as holographics. Did those five years really change a lot? She then put it back her pocket and sat on the table in front of him, crossing her legs.

"Sad that you can't have your dear Momo fondling you? Sorry, but you're scum. And what you did was enough. In truth, if you didn't cooperate with those punks, I could just let you rot in prison. But you didn't. You're stubborn as always. Even if you didn't went along with Petrov and give us his exact location,"

The agent pulled out her suppressed USP, locked and loaded.

"I'd still put a bullet in your head."

But she lowered it.

"Then again, putting down a single head brings out another. Naturally, you have to kill both. So here's the plan; you will go to Petrov and get his DNA. By that, we can confirm him and get rid of his . Even if you try to resist with Petrov or escape, we can still find you with the 'Origin Tracker'. And no matter what, this is our win, not yours."

And now he was their puppet at play, to put Petrov down. It was one of his intentions, of course, but know he's going to be at a receiving end. He had no choice but to cooperate. By now, that 'Origin Tracker' is just one of the many after they confided with his DNA. Even if he destroys her device, he'll just be bruting out the rest. Checkmate, just before he could do anything else.

"Alright, but on terms."

"I knew that my dear Ohashi wants that. You criminals are all the-"

"I did not kill your parents. Nor did I know that I've done it. Nor am I from this world."

He stopped as Momo stopped on her shoes. Her face stiff and bearing no emotions. But her eyes widen while it steeled. However, she grabbed her left arm on the wrist, controlling her breath.

"If you really think that you're going to talk to me about this, then I'm sure that-"

"Enough."

The voice was something Ohashi knew. He turned his attention to the door, as well as Momo as she turned to her back. What was there was someone who was quite shorter than Momo, and had a piercing gaze. It was someone that he knew also, and it was Dahyun. What the hell is she doing here, Momo thought. The head eagle, who was a rank higher than Momo, was wearing a different outfit compared to Momo's agent fit. She wore a blue collar shirt and black pants, half-covered in the front by a brown fur coat. She sported her long black hair, putting her hands on the pockets of her pants.

"Momo, I've seen the footage about him. He's telling the truth."

Momo stood up.

"You think I'm gonna listen to this er's story!? Dahyun, as much as you're our behaviorist, that doesn't mean you can-"

"Momo!"

The blonde agent stopped. She knows that she's the superior around here, and she can't deny that.

"I already told you. He's telling the truth. As much as I'm not similar to Scorpion's behaviorist, I'm still in the same track record as of his."

Dahyun stated, putting her steely gaze to the tied-up Ohashi.

"And you, I'm here to convene with your private session with Agent Hirai. The plan's already set, but I talked to the superiors about this. Hell, we checked it with Team Scorpion from America as well, but they said the same thing."

"He's telling the truth. A well-known arsonist is telling the truth that he didn't kill my family!"

"And that's the thing, it doesn't make sense!"

Ohashi shouted, distressed from both his current situation and his tied-up position.

"I'm just on a mission to rescue hostages and kill 50 terrorists, and now here I am, branded like a criminal! Momo, I like you, and I did so as well to respect your parents! They were a second family to me! Hell, I even joined the Special Forces to prove that I'm not the bratty Katsumoto that you've always known! And here I am, tied up in a damn ing chair after I got flashed by a terrorist who's less wanted than I am right now!"

Ohashi puffed, and not long for Dahyun

"Signs of anxiety, being tired and constant stress. Even the face. Just admit it, Momo. We're also confused here."

Momo sighed, but not before he turned her head away from her, as if she stil denied it.

Dahyun then stepped closer to where Ohashi was tied-up, and approached the back of the chair he was strapped on.

"Uncomfortable, right?"

"A bullet to the face is."

Dahyun giggled as she cut down the rope. However, as she expected, Ohashi didn't respond with violence. Her hypothesis was correct, but Momo was bewildered when she did that. She quickly jumped down from the table and pulled out her USP, but Ohashi gazed at her, as well as Dahyun. The agent reluctantly nodded, as she holstered the gun.

"As long as you're not trying to be the prick like the 'Ohashi' we know, then we can start the talk."

And Ohashi held to his theory straight and through. This is how he's gonna start repairing what was false.