Lucid Dreaming

JHope One-Shot: Lucid Dreaming

I was floating mid-air, trying to catch the butterflies fluttering past the rainbow right in front of me.  

The descent was slow, and I could feel my legs getting heavier as I came back in contact with the ground. It was soft, but firm. I shifted, trying to keep my feet inside my jacket; my makeshift blanket protecting me from the cold.  

The light started to overwhelm my eyes; no, I didn't want to wake up yet. It felt so good, being cocooned in his warmth.  

I closed my eyes, unwilling to let go of my dream. The warmth stayed. I smiled. That meant I still got some time to enjoy this before I woke up. Lying on my side, I was nestled between a downy, clothed wall on one side, and on the other...  

It was all of him. His long legs under mine, his firm chest against my back, his lean arms circling my shoulders, his lips against my hair. His body molded against mine, and it felt like home.  

I moved closer, and he shifted  ever so slightly, burying his face on my neck and breathing deeply. I sighed in response, loving how he exhaled against my skin. My fingers traced his long cotton sleeves until it met his hands, intertwining them together. I hummed in appreciation, and I could feel a quiet chuckled rumble deep in his chest.  

My mouth curved into another smile. "Five more minutes," I mumbled. I wanted to snuggle deeper. I untangled my legs from between his and turned around to face him, wanting to burrow deeper into his chest. I couldn't reach it; He was too long and there was no space to curl against him. 

I frowned. I should be able to do whatever I want; I was in a dream, after all. He murmured softly, tracing one finger between my brows, smoothing it out. It was comforting.  

He withdrew his finger, and I bit back my disappointment. But then his forehead touched mine, his short bangs tickling my eyelids.  

"You're so beautiful," he whispered, his nose caressing mine. His hand lightly danced down my arm before passing my hip and slipping inside my shirt, settling on the skin at the small of my back. I instinctively arched forward with a blissful sigh.  

His breath warmed my cheek. "So ing beautiful." Like the butterflies I longed to hold, I felt his lips delicately touch the corner of my mouth. I felt him tremble.  

Another kiss ghosted across my lips, barely grazing them. I needed more.  

The hand on my back moved up as he held me closer. I accepted more of him—he smelled of the ocean and sandalwood. This time, it was the softest of kisses, his tongue darting out, soft but firm, to taste me.  

I sighed again, relishing the sensation of his mouth against mine.  

I felt him smile against me, and before I could wonder why, he gently pulled away.  

I felt cold. Why did he leave?  

I squinted against the sunlight streaming through the window. Reluctantly, I hauled myself off of the couch in the workroom. Aish, I fell asleep in the office again. My bleary eyes met with the wall clock hung precariously amongst rows of wardrobe railings that held the countless performance outfits I was doing an inventory of. 7:30 am.  

Wow. I slept through the night. I yawned, straightening my shirt. It got twisted and hiked up during my sleep.  

The memory of warm hands against my skin flashed in my mind with odd clarity. That dream was something. My fingers traveled involuntarily to my lips. I could still feel the warmth of his breath.  

I could feel my ears go red. It felt so real. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't . I'd never experienced such vivid lucid dreaming and remember details as much as I did with this one.  

Giving myself a mental slap, I grabbed my emergency set of sweats and jeans and hurried out into the hallway. Hopefully not a lot of other stylists would be around to see me in the same clothes I wore yesterday.  

"Morning." 

I looked up. Hoseok-ssi was standing by the elevators. . "Hi," I croaked, and his mouth curved into a smile—I couldn't help but stare. He was walking casually towards me, his duffel bag slung carelessly over his shoulder.  

"Had a good sleep?" He teased with an odd glint in his eyes.  

Legs. Breaths against my hair. Butterfly kisses. I swallowed hard. "I fell asleep in the office." I started to walk briskly past him, bumping softly against his arm and catching a whiff of his cologne.  

Ocean and sandalwood.  

My steps halted to a stop, stunned. Wait— 

Hoseok brushed past me, smiling knowingly. "I hope you had a good dream," he murmured, strolling away and into the studio three doors away.  

------------------------------- 

Whew!

So... there's that. hehe (^^;)

Thanks for reading my one-shot, yorobeun! Let me know what you think in the comments :)