YOU

BOYS LIKE YOU

šŸ‰ YOU

---

I'll make you feel like you're dreaming

---

Clad in my favorite blue sweater with snowflake designs, denim pants, red sneakers, and a black beanie, I hop downstairs to finally have breakfast.

Humming to myself, I turn to my right to where the kitchen is and see Seulgi already having her cereal. I plop down on the chair next to her and smile wide, her expression distorting into confusion.

"Good morning, Ddeulgi-ah," I say and put my hands on the island, grin never fading.

"You must have had a good sleep then," she declares, chewing. "You look so happy."

Then Chanyeol and his damn smirk instantly flash in my mind.

"Maybe?"

"Well, damn you! I haven't had enough sleep thinking of that stupid faux-third party in this house all night!"

Then she starts throwing me a choco chip, me ducking to get away.

"Hey, hey, watch your mouth! And stop wasting blessings!" I exclaim to which she stops after with a face of deep regret.

"Oh, my God. I'm so sorry," she says and continues eating.

I stand on my feet and sway to the fridge to get an apple. After she ate, we both walked our way to school. It's not that far, of course. But Chanyeol and I really had to ride a cab yesterday because I couldn't simply walk. But, hey, I'm more than okay now.

Nearing the school gates, I whip my head to Seulgi to see if she'll give me something again for me to leave at a certain someone's locker.

And, indeed, she hands me a doll which halts me in my walking.

The doll is a blond. It has all those pretty, big doll eyes, pink lips, porcelain-like skin. And this one has a blue jacket.

"Seriously? You're gonna give this to Chanyeol?" I deadpan, lifting the doll near my face for her to see.

What foolish girl would give a foolish boy a foolish doll? Oh. Seulgi.

"What did I tell you about disrespecting The Golden Man Park Chanyeol?" she snaps, snatching the doll back and lifting it up to my face. "And don't you see that this one looks like Oh Sehun a.k.a. Demigod?"

I stare at the doll again and, yeah. It does look like him.

But, wait. Why would she give a doll that looks like Sehun to Chanā€” oh.

I slowly lift my lips into a smirk.

"So..." I start. "That's for Sehun then?"

Her face instantly blushes and her loud sputtering starts now. Some students even look our way and give us dirty looks. Yeah, right. As if I'm never used to it.

I just grab the doll from her grip and nod. "I get it. I'll leave this at Sehun's locker at once."

She perks, cheeks still red.

"O-okay..." she mutters then clutches the straps of her backpack, turning on her heelsā€‹ to leave. "I'm going now. See you after school."

I stare at her back for a second and turn around to walk into the hallways. I see some familiar faces from my classes and some even greet me.

"Hey, Baekhyun. Lookin' good, are we?" Kim Jonghyun from my Biology class says, eyeing my getup which has me blushing.

I just grin at him. "T-thanks."

He smiles at me and continues his way.

Wow. I do look good in this getup.

Passing by the array of lockers, I look for Sehun's. When I finally find it, I hurry to get close to it and put the doll on top of it. Whistling, I crane my head side to side to see if anyone has seen me but, thankfully, none has.

Sighing, I make my way back to my locker when a hand grabs mine and, before I can even react, Chanyeol's already dragging me to the boys' bathroom. Holy cow! Send help, anyone!

After we enter the bathroom, he lets go of my hand and blocks the door. He leans his back on it as he faces me and folds his arms, deadpanning.

He's on his white sweater, black pants, blue kicks, and a dark red headphone hangs from his neck.

I stand in utter shock, mostly to my shock of his godly presence.

How can this tall boy be damn perfect all the time?

"So you are the one who's sending me those damn cheesy gifts," he more likely declares than inquires.

My head immediately swings side to side.

"No! I mean, technically, yes. But I'm just being asked here, I swear!" I say, shooting my hand up to make a sign of promise.Ā 

He chews the inside of his cheek. "You sure?"

"I promise."

"So why not on my locker now? Why on Hun's?"

"Hunwhat?"

"Sehun."

"Oh."

"So why?"

Should I tell him? Well, Seulgi already has another crush and not him anymore. He should know, right?

"So?" he repeats.

Fine.

"Because you're not her crush anymore," I simply say.

He looks hurt for a nanosecond, but rolls his eyes afterwards.

"She has some good taste then," he mutters, now smirking.

I think of Sehun and his haughty but cool demeanor, and Chanyeol with his cold but attractive aura.

I find my head bobbing up and down as I nod a few times and say, "Yeah, yeah. She does."

Chanyeol looks at me for a second and we both start laughing like idiots.Ā 

His laugh rings into my ears like the wind chimes in Heaven and oh my Godā€” I want to keep it in a box and listen to it every night before I sleep.

"Damn it. I really thought it was you!" he says.

"But what would you do if it was me, huh?" I reply, boldness seeping through me and I don't know why.

He stops his laughing, looks at me in the eyes, and says,

"I'll trap you inside my heart and never let you go."

What.

What.

"W-what?" I almost shout, causing him to slightly jump on his place.

I can't believe this. I don't believe this.

His jaw drops, probably realizing what he said. But before he can even speak a word, the door suddenly opens and he comes swimming into the floor.

I quickly help him stand up by supporting his waist as he lifts his body.

A horrified-looking Taeil from my Computer class stands in the doorway.

"Oh my! Are you okay?" he gasps and goes to us, hands roaming around my arms for inspection. Wow. This dude's so touchy.

"We're fine," Chanyeol blurts out, already on his feet. "I have to go."

And without another word, he goes out of the bathroom, leaving me with my heart beating so damn fast.

What the hell just happened?

--

*CHANYEOL

"Will you fcking stop grumbling there? I'm trying to fcking focus here, man," Kyungsoo spits from his seat as he flips a page of his book, shooting daggers at me as I'm quietly muttering nonsense over and over again in my seat.

My friends and I are in the cafeteria now having our lunch. And I just can't accept the fact that I, The Golden Man Park Chanyeol, have fcked up real bad.

Lay-hyung shoots Kyungsoo a threatening look, pulling me closer.

"Watch your mouth, Kyung-ah!" he snaps at our big-eyed dongsaeng, eyes fuming with anger. "You do not dare curse at my giant baby again, do you get me?"

"Fucā€” fine!" Kyungsoo flails his arms up in surrender and continues his reading.

I mentally punch myself.

"Hey, Sehun, where'd you get that doll? It kinda looks like you," Kai asks the youngest from across me, gesturing to the doll Sehun has been holding since earlier.

"Someone left it at my locker," Sehun answers, having a staring contest with the doll.

"Looks like you have an admirer," Suho-hyung declares.

Kai then starts tickling Sehun's sides to which the latter openly welcomes at. Can't they just fcking marry each other already?

I just snort in my seat for I know better.

As expected, my cold has disappeared this morning.

"Are you okay, Chanyeol?" Lay-hyung asks me for the nth time.

I just sigh and nod.

--

Ten minutes early to last period English is definitely not a good idea because damn. I forgot that Byun freaking Baekhyun is an early bird and right now, we're just awkwardly sitting on our chairs, sending glances to each other like teenage freaks in love. Fck. I'm cringing so hard.

Some other classmates are here now, but I could only care less.

Awkwardness is enveloping Baekhyun and I.

I can already hear the tumbleweeds rolling in the front as the wind blows at 'em, mocking me.

I just feel so small here between Baekhyun and the wall.

But wait. I'm the bad boy here. I shouldn't be feeling overpowered, right? It's a shame to my macho side.

So after a good five-minute of self-pep talk, I finally gather up the courage to glance at red-faced Baekhyun and clear my throat, earning his attention, his eyes resembling saucers.

"We should start the assignment, right?" I say, clearing my throat again, mentally patting my back for not stammering.

He only nods and shyly chuckles.

"Y-yeah. Sure, Park," he answers, turning in his seat to get something from his bag. After a few seconds, he faces me again now holding a pen, a notebook, and a bond paper.

He starts writing something on his notebook and lifts the bond paper for me to see. I take the sheet and read.

< etheĀ·reĀ·al

\i-Ėˆthir-ē-əl\

adjective

: in heaven
: resembling heaven : seeming to belong to another world
: very delicate

Full Definition

1 a : of or relating to the regions beyond the earthĀ 
b : celestial, heavenlyĀ 
c : unworldly, spiritual Ā 
2 a : lacking material substance : immaterial, intangibleĀ 
b : marked by unusual delicacy Ā orrefinement Ā 
c : suggesting the heavens orheavenĀ 
3 : relating to, containing, or resembling a chemical ether

(Ā© Merriam-Webster) >

There are so many words that I've read and so many thoughts I've thought of, but only one person comes into my mind.

Byun Baekhyun.

When he's done writing, he gazes at me.

"I have already written some of my opinion here," he says. "But like you told me last night, I think I'll just surprise you then."

I look at him and grin. "Same here."

He lifts his eyebrow in confusion. "You have already written something?"

I nod. "Yep. Just last night, like I told you."

"Of course. You're The Golden Man Park Chanyeol after all."

I can only chuckle as events of last night flash right before my eyes.

Right. Baekhyun sang for me.

He has a great voice; a soulful and soothing one that had me falling asleep on him during the call.

"Hey," I say to him. He hums in response as he continues writing. "You sing well."

He stops and looks up at me blushing.

"Thanks," he says and continues his writing.

After a while, a scream from our classmate echoes throughout the room saying Mr. Lee is coming.

Everybody immediately fixes up and sits properly.

--

"Hiraeth is a homesickness for a home you canā€™t return to," Minho starts talking about his and Seohyun's preferred beautiful English word.

"--or that never was a home," Seohyun continues.

"It's looking at old pictures of him and wanting to touch his then messy hair but only ending up with your fingers touching the surface of the photo paper."

"It's seeing your long gone loved one and running to hug them with open arms but you only end up embracing your own cold ones."

"It's his warm hand on yours during your first date."

"It's the tears you've shed on your first birthday."

"It's the feel of the first bloom of the cherry blossom petals."

"It's the soothing sensation of dried ice cream on your cheek as a kid."

"It's a feeling you could never return to."

"It's a home ā€“ once was, or that never was ā€“ called you."

A loud applause from us rings throughout the room, Mr. Lee shouting praises in the background.

Baekhyun pokes me so I turn to him. He's shaking in his seat, wide-eyed.

"I d-don't think I c-can do this," he stutters.

I let my left hand fall to my side and find his right one, holding it tight.

"You can't," I say. "Because 'we' can."

I send him a small grin. He smiles back, eyes turning into half moons.

He's so beautiful.

And I ain't lying here.

Mr. Lee finally calls us, Baekhyun and I being the last pair.

We both stand up and walk to the front, our classmates' ā€“ especially Taemin's ā€“ eyes are anticipating.

We stand in front of them.

"Before we start, I just would like you to know that me and my partner here have decided that we just surprise each other with our own words," I declare, clearing my throat. "Thus, this is gonna be quite an impromptu."

"Hey, you're the one who decidedā€”" I elbow Baekhyun causing him to stop.

The class just blink their eyes at us.

"That's a good idea, Park, Byun," Mr. Lee says. "You may start."

And without another word, I start to introduce ours.

"Ethereal means heavenly, very delicate," I say then glance at Baekhyun.

"--and seeming to belong to another world," Baekhyun continues, looking up at me, too.

"It's celestial; of the heavens. It's like the warmth of a certain person resembling the sun, like the sparks from their bubbly laugh resembling the stars, and it's like the shape of their eyes when they smile that resembles the moon."

I couldn't help but pinpoint the little things that makes up Baekhyun as I stare at him.

I don't care if my classmates see this as gross.

All I see is him.

And I think he knows because he smiles, looking at me like I'm everything.

"It's spiritual; of bodiless, supernatural beauty. Like when the person is just standing there, or just gazing at nothing in particular, they give off that dream-like glow. Ah, perfection."

As he says this, his eyes are on mine. And I can't help but wonder.

Is he talking about me, too?

"It's the sound of their voice."

"It's the way their body sways when they walk."

"It's the color of their messy yet perfect hair."

"It's the curve of their lips when they smirk."

"It's that tiny freckle on their cheek."

"It's the way their doe-eyes flutter."

I can't hear a thing now but my heart beating very fast.

Baekhyun is looking at me, shamelessly blushing in front of the class.

I'm about to say the words, but Baekhyun tells me something, too, so we both end up saying at the same time.

And it has my heart flying out of my chest, my mind running thoughts of him only, and my mouth smiling so wide I can feel it tear.

"I'm talking about you, Baekhyun."

"I like you, Chanyeol."

---