Fin.

I Fall Apart [One-Shot]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen to: I Fall Apart - Post Malone (Cimorelli cover)

 

Jaerin was so excited to come home.. Studying overseas is so hard but she get through because of the moral support of her parents, friend and the most important person in her life, Taehyung, her boyfriend.. She suddenly remember the time she left..

 

Taehyung does not want to let her go as he hug her tighter, Jaerin was a crying mess “Hey, I have to go..” she tried to pry him off but he’s too stubborn “No..” his shaky voice said it all, it made her cry more “It’ll only a few years.. You can wait for me right?” she asks and that’s when he let go and look at her with his misty eyes “Of course.. I will wait for you even it takes till I’m old and grey..” he promised and she smile at him sadly “I love you..” she said “I love you too..” he said as he pull her and kissed her..

 

‘I’m home now, Taehyung..’ she though happily as her uber takes her to Taehyung’s apartment.. She did not tell him that she’s coming back today, well the past few months, they cannot talk that much anyway because they’re both busy..

She enthusiastically went inside the apartment building to the elevator, the butterflies on her stomach are all over the place.. She soon arrive on the door steps of his apartment, she took a breath first before she enter the code of his door and come inside..

“Baby! I’m home--” suddenly her excited voice went to a mute as she stare at the sight before her.. Her grip on the wine bottle become loose and it get shattered on the floor just like how her heart felt..

Right there on the couch, Taehyung is shirtless with a girl on his lap, wearing his white shirt.. They were making out just a few seconds ago before her voice made them stop.. The girl just looked at her weirdly “Who’s this, Tae?” the girl ask and Taehyung look shocked but soon he come to his senses “Jina, I think you should go first..” he said as he gently push her off him then he reach for a shirt shattered on the floor, The girl went in his room.. “I didn’t know that you’re coming home..” he tried to touch her elbow but she flinch “D-Don’t touch me..” Jaerin said and Taehyung back off..

“I did not mean for you to know this way..” he said going to his fridge to get something to drink.. The girl, Jina, come out of Taehyung’s room fully clothed now.. She went to Tae and kiss him one last time “I’ll see you soon?” she ask and he nod then she turn to look at Jaerin and throw a disgust look before she get out of the space.. Jaerin felt like she’s going sick “What do you mean, you did not mean for me to know this way?” Jaerin finally got the courage to confront him..

Taehyung look at her emotionlessly “I’m seeing her behind your back..” he said like it’s not obvious enough.. “Why?” she ask and he shrug “You’re never there.. I needed someone to comfort me..” he simply said, that’s when tears finally got release from her eyes.. Taehyung sigh then he walk away like he’s done with their talk but Jaerin grab his arm and he stop to look back at her “Pl-Please..” she said “..I’m sorry.. I’m here now, please..” Taehyung look at her pitiful state “..don’t leave me..” she beg but Taehyung pull his arm away “I’m sorry..” he simply said then he went inside his room while Jaerin was left there, broken into pieces..

 

1st Month after the break-up..

“Jaerin!” the knocking on the door made her open her eyes.. She slowly get up to let the one furiously smacking her apartment door “What the—I thought something bad happen to you!” her best friend, Jin said as she just went to lay on the couch, curling into a ball.. Jin sigh while looking at her state, “Have you eaten anything yet?” he asks and she just shook her head..

Jin went to the kitchen to look for something but he only see a few bottles of water and soju inside her fridge.. “Seriously!” he said as he walk to her again “Stop doing this to yourself! You’re parents are asking me what’s happening to you already..” she just listen to his continues nagging “..You’re world do not rotate around him!” he said and that strikes home.. Unconsciously tears roll on the side of her face, she heard Jin sigh once again as he sit on the floor facing her “..He does not deserve you..” he softly said “But I love him..” she said then she hug Jin and cried and cried..

 

Taehyung in the other side is in the club once again “What are we celebrating again?” Jimin asks as Taehyung pour them shots “My freedom, man.. I’m finally not hiding anything from anyone..” he said as he raise his glass “Cheers!” he cheered and Jimin click their glasses and take the shot in one go.. Taehyung dance happily along with the beats of the song that the DJ is playing “You should be careful..” Jimin said and Taehyung look at him weirdly “..KARMA is a .. What goes around, comes around..” Jimin warned and Taehyung just brush it off.. “Hey, babe!” Jina arrived and just like a snake, she wrap herself around Taehyung.. Jimin irritated, went to the dance floor instead..

 

3rd month after the break-up..

“Congratulations, you’re hired..” the manager told Jaerin and she happily shook their hand.. She cannot believe that she’s hired to her dream company.. “See you on Monday?” they ask and she nod enthusiastically “I’ll do my very best..” she said..

As she got out of the building, she called Jin “How was it?” he ask and she giggled “Your best friend just got hired!” she excitedly announced and she heard Jin scream in excitement “Let’s party tonight! My treat..” Jaerin said and that surprise Jin once again “I’m so glad that you’re back..” Jaerin smiled at that comment but she cannot deny that there’s this bitter taste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter