Jackson: Attack

One Month
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Growing up with a family ever so selfish, ironically, brought Jaebum to be the most selfless he could be. Well at least he tries to tell himself. There’s only so much a growing boy could learn from constant ‘It wasn’t my fault it was….’s fault’. Really not much character development going on within Jaebum. He spent all his post cute baby chubby cheeks to pre puberty blaming everyone else for his faults. His mother had always done it, if it wasn’t his father at fault, it was his sister, and when that didn’t make sense, it was Jaebum’s existence and then his sister's, though, his mother claimed she was just a drag to it all. Of course she didn’t mean to be born in such a hectic mess of a family. His mother was quite the irrational woman. He too wasn’t given an option to which womb he wanted to pop out of. So damn irrational.

So when he reached his pre high school melodrama stages, he had that sense of doubt on who the he truly was, not knowing he would spent the next decade contemplating about this. This doubt soon develop into an ever so aspiring, ever so delicate formation of what his best friend would adore to call, anger issues. What can Jaebum do? He was made to basically wreck anything and everything in his way, literally and metaphorically. Father had anger issues, dealt with it through breaking things, screaming, using his fists, and throwing lots and lots of verbally and physically. Where else would Jaebum learned this when he first laid hands on that brat named...well he couldn’t remember. He swore if the boy ever shows up again and spit upon the uality of his best friend, then hell be damned he can take another suspension for all his middle school’s life could permit him.

Anger issues in the middle school soon turn over into the angst of his high school days. Nothing but heavy metal in his ears for the first two years, Jinyoung noted it was unhealthy and very influential in a terrible, horrible way. Jaebum was one not to listen. Everything Jinyoung said was stupid, beyond stupid. He was going to be a psychologist, everything they say is nothing but a bunch of bull. Bull. Yet nothing helped him more than anything when his father and mother had the biggest verbal brawl and he found his fourteen year old sister quivering inside his closet, talking about being scared and not wanting to end up like poor Sulli, with parents divorced. Jinyoungs words of encouragement, he noted, was helpful. With his temper and all. So maybe it wasn’t complete bull after all. Because while it had helped him with his perspective in life, Jinyoung had very well had his very first and very appreciated client. Though being a part of the whole backstory had helped immensely. So he stopped listening to heavy metal and turned to RnB, because pop music were actually made for the devils. Especially those sparkling boy groups or irritating girl groups. He shuddered at the thought of stepping into that scene.

“Nayeon! I’m leaving if you’re not down in five damn minutes!” Jaebum yelled from the garage as he threw his backpack in the trunk, hopped in his father’s car and roared the engine, scaring the very well fashioned, too sparkly, too much eye makeup Nayeon as the growing teenager rushed down the stairs with her three inch high heels and into the passenger seat of her oppa’s car.

“Okay step on it!”

Nayeon, in careful words, is spoiled. Careful because damn it, it was all his fault. Despite the bickering the two faced almost every single morning and night, he still had a soft spot for his sister. Nayeon is very persuasive too, when she really wanted something and she is upfront with it. Jaebum could only imagine the brat sticking her chin so high and her tongue poking out between her lips as she stomped back inside her room, after harassing Jaebum for a new pen, which only costed him $30, three hours of busting his and serving ugly natured customers. And there’s nothing he will not do for the comfort of his little sister, even if that meant sneering comments once in awhile, twice a day, every day for the next four years. At least he was selfless.

“You are beyond selfless, don’t be ridiculous Jaebum,” Jinyoung rolled his eyes as he grabbed a box of who knows what from the truck, his feet shuffling to race down the hallway to the student center to place it down on the floor, where dozens of more boxes scattered. Office supplies, Jaebum guessed. “Jaebum, really. You need to start having the reality check that you, Im Jaebum, is the least most helpful, most caring student this school has ever experienced. Name one person in Earth that you have helped.”

“Bam Bam.”

“Only because that’s the only way you would get credits for community service. Otherwise that poor foreigner would have never crossed paths with you,” Jinyoung dismissed the thought with a simple wave of his hands. Only to be distracted by a smaller girl who had asked Jinyoung for his signature, Jaebum rolled his eyes. “And your sister doesn’t count. That’s your role and frankly, besides your money, what else does Nayeon need from you?”

And that hit him hard, somewhere in him. Jaebum juts his chin out, the very same way he does when a never had struck deep within his system. Jinyoung barely even noticed him stomped out of the student center, too busy keeping inventory. Who cares about Jinyoung anyways, he’s too busy being the student body president to even give a damn.

“You? A nice person?” Bam Bam snorted, that damn freshman Jaebum helped out nearly four months ago. “Hyung. The first time you met me, you didn’t even bother to pronounce my name. And I bet you still don’t even know my first name.”

“You said call you by Bambam, and so I called you by your prefered name.”

“That’s because you refused to call me by my real name,” Bambam hissed under his breath as he bended over to retrieve his chewable fruit snack from the bending machine. The younger boy immediately opened the packaged and picked out the watermelon flavored ones, handing it out to Jaebum to eat. Hey, at least he bothered to learn that Bambam had a hatred for watermelon flavored fruit snack.

“But I’m still a nice hyung!”

“Useless, utterly useless,” Bambam shook his head as he his heels to walk away, waving goodbye to the older latter, and saying his last appreciation for the fruit snack treat. Again, who gives a flying about Bambam’s opinion over the matter of his decency as a person.

“Maybe, for a change, stop glaring at our customers and start using that pretty little charming smile of yours to woo the right off of those girls in the corner,” Mark kicked the back of his knee after just having to serve the loudest jerks in history of all jerks. You’d think the basketball team were crazy and hungry, the fencing team, however took a toll on everyone but Jaebum who had refused to serve anyone that out of hand. He felt like if he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter