FINAL

Changing because of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun and Mina were childhood friends... They're not just friends but also mortal enemies. There are no days where they are not fighting or teasing each other.

"Mina cry baby Mina!" That's what Dahyun always calls Mina.

To which Mina replies with "Dahyun no baka!" means 'Stupid Dahyun'

One day Dahyun saw Mina crying at the playground.

"Mina you're crying again! You're such a cry baby!"

"Leave me alone Dahyun!"

"Okay. I'm just trying to help."

"Well you're not helping! Mina then ran away from Dahyun."

Dahyun just shrugged her shoulders then continue playing. Few minutes later Dahyun saw Mina's mom who was looking for Mina.

"Dahyun, have you seen Mina? We've been looking for her. We're worried." Mrs. Myoui said.

"I saw her awhile ago crying. Uhm.. If you don't mind me asking... What happened?"

"She lost in a ballet competition."

Dahyun felt guilty when she heard that.

"Let me help look for her."

"Thank you Dahyun."

They keep on looking for Mina for hours.

"Mina!"

"Mina sweetie where are you?"

Dahyun saw a tree house at an abandoned house.

"Maybe she's there?" Dahyun said to herself. Then she went to the tree house.

There up in the tree house was Mina sleeping. Mina fell asleep because of crying too much. Dahyun sat near Mina then she tapped Mina's shoulder to wake her up.

"Mina wake up. Your mom's been looking for you. She's worried."

Mina slowly woke up.

"What are you doing here?" Mina said.

"We were looking for you."

Silence filled the tree house until Dahyun talk.

"Hey Mina. I'm sorry for what I did earlier."

"It's okay Dahyun. I'm sorry too."

"No. You don't have to say sorry. I should be the one who's sorry because I keep on teasing you."

"It's okay. It's just that... I worked so hard for that competition and yet...." Mina's tears suddenly poured again. Dahyun get her handkerchief in her pocket then wiped Mina's tears.

"Stop crying. Let's go your mom's looking for you. You don't want her to keep worrying about you right?" Mina nodded then went home with Dahyun.

 

-

 

"Mina where have you been? We're so worried about you."

"I'm sorry mom."

"It's okay sweetie. Dahyun thank you for helping us look for Mina."

"It's okay Mrs. Myoui. I'm glad to help. Besides... Mina is now my friend. Right Mina?" Dahyun then gave Mina a bright smile.

"R..right." 

"I'm glad the two of you are friends now."

After that they became the best frenemies. They play together everyday. Mina always attends Dahyun's Piano recital and Dahyun always watches Mina's Ballet performances. Although they constantly tease each other like for example Dahyun still calls Mina a crybaby while Mina still calls Dahyun stupid or idiot for having a low grades. Mina is a year older than Dahyun so she sometimes helps Dahyun with her homeworks.

 

-

 

When Mina turned 10 years old, her parents told her that they're going back to Japan because Mina's father was assigned to a company in Kobe.

"Dubu, promise we'll still be friends even if I'm far away?" Mina asked Dahyun.

"Yes. Just... Just don't forget about me okay?" Dahyun said. Mina then start sobbing. "And promise me you'll never cry again."

"I... I promise."

That was the last time they saw each other.

Mina studies in Obayashi Sacred Heart School in Hyogo prefecture. While studying she also enrolled to URIZIP dance school to enhanced her dancing skills. There she made new friends.

Dahyun on the other hand still plays the piano. Her family moved from Seongnam to Seoul due to her father's work. She also started to study more seriously now and made a mental note to herself that when her and Mina meet each other again, Mina won't call her stupid and idiot anymore.

 

-

 

10 years later. Dahyun is now a college student. She's really popular in their campus. Although everyone knows that she's into girls, many boys are still trying there luck to be with her. She's also a member of their university band 6mix. 6mix is composed of 6 members. Im Nayeon the main vocalist of the group, Park Jihyo the lead guitarist and in charge of back up vocals, Son Chaeyoung the rhythm guitarist, Hirai Momo the bassist, Yoo Jeongyeon the drummer and of course Kim Dahyun the keyboardist. She's also on top of her class. You could tell that Dahyun's life is going great but for her there is something missing.. 

 

"Dahyun, have you finished the lyrics for our next song?" Jeongyeon asked.

"I'm still not finished writing it." Dahyun answered.

"What? Why?" Jihyo asked. "It's unlikely you Da."

"I don't know. It's just that I don't know what I'm writing anymore. It doesn't have any feelings."

"Maybe you need an inspi...."

"Guys!" Nayeon didn't finished what she was saying because Momo, along with Chaeyoung came running to them.

"Why the heck are you guys running?" Jeongyeon asked.

"There's this super gorgeous girl we saw in the hallway. I think she's a transfer student." Chaeyoung said.

"Maybe she'll be our classmate in this subject?" Momo said.

"I sure do hope so!" Chaeyoung said.

"Well there's only one way to find out. In a few minutes classes will start so we'll just have to wait." Nayeon said.

"Whoever that is. I'm not interested." Dahyun suddenly blurted.

"Looks like our Dubu still can't move on from what happened last time." Jihyo said while laughing.

"But Dubu deserves it. She dated both Sana and Tzuyu at the same time!" Momo whined.

"Oh please. Don't remind me!" Dahyun said.

Suddenly Sana and Tzuyu entered the room

"Speaking of" Chaeyoung whispered.

At the same time their professor entered the room.

"Class I have an announcement. We have a new transferee. Please come in and introduce yourself." Everyone was mesmerized by the beauty of the new transferee. Even Dahyun who said that she's not interested was shocked which made the rest of 6mix smirk but Dahyun just glared at them. 

"Hello everyone. I'm Myeong Jeongnam. Uhm.. That is my name in Korean but my real name is Myoui Mina. I came from Kobe, Japan. I hope we'll get along." This made Dahyun shocked even more.

"Mi... Mina?!" Dahyun suddenly said out loud which made everyone including Mina look at her.

"Yes? Miss?" Mina just gave her a questioning look.

"Uhm.. Nothing.. Your name is lovely that's all." Dahyun said. That made everyone in their room . 

"Alright class that's enough. Ms. Myoui please take a seat beside Ms. Minatozaki right there."

Mina walks slowly towards the empty seat besides Sana.

"Hi I'm Sana." Sana introduced herself and gave Mina a smile

"Pleasure to meet you Sana. I'm Mina." Mina said.

The discussion went smoothly. After their class, Mina's arranging her things to leave when Sana called her.

"Hey Mina! Are you going to your next class?"

"Ah no. This is the only class I have for this day."

"Perfect! Let me tour you around the campus." Sana said excitedly

"Are you sure Sana?"

"Of course! You're my new friend right?" 

"Thank you Sana." Mina said then she gave Sana a smile

After that the two went out of the room. Little did they know that someone is looking the whole time.

 

-

 

"You know... You're creepy Da." Chaeyoung said. "By the way, Momo and Jihyo already went to their next class."

"Yeah! Chaeng's right. You keep on staring at her ever since the class started." Jeongyeon agreed.

"I... I just can't believed that she's back." Dahyun said.

"Who? That Mina girl?" Nayeon asked. 

"Yes... She's my childhood friend." Jeongyeon, Nayeon and Chaeyoung were shocked at what Dahyun said. 

"Then why don't you talk to her? I'm sure she's just around the campus." Jeongyeon said.

"Let's go Dubu we'll help you find her." Chaeyoung said.

"It's okay guys really. Besides... I don't think she remembers me anymore."

"We'll never know until you talk to her. So let's go!" Nayeon said.

So they walk around the campus to find Mina.

"There they are!" Nayeon said pointing at the bench

"But..." Dahyun said.

"Jeongyeon go on and call Sana so Dahyun can have a private talk with Mina." Nayeon ordered Jeongyeon

"Why me???!!!" Jeongyeon complained.

"Because you're obviously whipped for her." Nayeon said

"And don't think we don't know that the two of you are dating secretly!" Chaeyoung blurted which made Jeongyeon's face turns red

"So stop complaining Jeongyeon and go!" Nayeon said so Jeongyeon went to where Mina and Sana are.

"Uhm.. Hey Sana can I talk to you for a minute?" Jeongyeon asked. 

"Mina can you wait here? I'll just talk to her." Sana asked Mina.

"Oh sure. Go on. Don't mind me." Mina said then gave them a smile.

 

-

 

When Sana and Jeongyeon wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter