Warning signs.

Sweet torture

Torture, I thought this was something that happened in the old days to get information from spies and criminals, never once did I think that this is something that I would put myself through. 

“Ilhoon, this is Sungjae. Sungjae, this is Ilhoon.” Eunkwang said introducing the newest member of our group. For an 18 year old, he was tall and good looking, with his straight dark hair that fell into his equally dark eyes. The thing that I noticed was the mischievous smile on his face. That should have been warning number one. 

I looked at Sungjae and smiled, shaking his hand. I really don’t like people touching me too much and not a lot of people know this only those closest to me. Sungjae suddenly tugged on my hand he was shaking and hugged me. 

I heard a chorus of gasps behind me, as I was too shocked to anything other than imitate an ironing board. Sungjae just  said” Hyung, I am pleased to meet you and I know we will be best friends.”

Eunkwang rushed over to grab Sungjae and break up the hug. “I will show you our room and where everything is.” 

Hyunsik approached me and asked if I was alright. “Yes, I’m alright.” I said “I’m going to the shop.” I needed to some time and space for myself and I knew that Eunkwang will be telling Sungjae about me. I don’t have a phobia, but, it was just the way that I grew up. When you are an only child and raised by nannies it is hard to make a connection with people. Don’t get me wrong I love the hyungs and as we have been together for a while they know all about it. 

When I returned to the dorm a nervous Sungjae was waiting for me and the others were nowhere to be seen. “Hyung, I am so sorry the I hugged you.” Sungjae looking at me “Eunkwang hyung explained everything to me. You see, I come from a very affectionate family and I unconsciously do it. I really want us to get along”. 

I looked at him will he was giving his speech, standing there, with a flushed face and watery eyes. He looked so vulnerable and young that I wanted to protect him from everything, himself included. 

“Sungjae, it’s okay. I’m sure that we will get along great.” I said smiling at him to show I really was okay. He looked like he wanted to hug me again, but stopped himself. “Great” he said smiling, but this was different from the mischievous smile, this one was brighter. That should have been warning number two. 

Suddenly the others appeared out of thin air and announced we were having pizza and a movie to celebrate. Peniel ordered the pizzas and Minyuk said it was his turn to order the movie, which was a big mistake as he only gets horror.

As we got ready, Sungjae said that he did not like scary movies and wanted to sit next to me on the couch. I couldn’t refuse as he was looking at me with puppy eyes. As the movie progressed, Sungjae moved closer to me and couldn’t help but grab my arm and hide his face in my neck. When this happened I could feel his breath on my skin and his heartbeat on my arm. I can to the realisation then that, his touch didn’t affect me as much as others. That should have been warning number three.