Completed!

I Think I Wanna Marry You!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kyungsoo, where are you?!" 

He picks the phone from the table in front, whispering in it softly. "I'll be here in ten minutes—" After checking his watch, he corrects. "Maybe twenty."

"But I need you here!" His best friend yells again, and that's when Kyungsoo picks the phone better, switching to the receiver rather than the speakerphone. 

"Sehun, I'm sorry, but I need to take care of this." Kyungsoo smiles at the guests that are waiting, patiently so, and turns his back to them. "Plus, you better be ready when I come to get you."

"Kyungsoo! There you are!" 

He swirls around when somebody from behind calls, and without even saying bye to Sehun, clicks the call off. 

"Mrs. Oh, how are you?"

But the woman doesn't seem so happy to see him as Kyungsoo feigns to see her. "Stop with the formalities, already." She quickly pushes her hair out of her face and turns to him already. "And where is my irresponsible son?! Joohyun and he need to rehearse the entering for the wedding, and he's still not here. On that thought, where's Joo too—"

Kyungsoo gulps. "Getting ready?" And it doesn't sound good when it comes out as a question, and she lifts her brows, confirming it. So he tries again. "Yes, Sehun's getting ready, and as a matter of fact, I'm just on my way to pick him!" 

She doesn't even have time to retort, because he's out of her hair in the next moment, running down the packed hall in an attempt to hurry but still doesn't seem like he's urgent in going somewhere. Which he doesn't succeed quite right. 

He waves at a couple of guests that try to stop him for a talk and moves to the back of the hall, where the closest stairs are hidden just for his use. Well, not his only, since guests of the hotel use it after breakfast and lunch which usually takes place in the hall where Sehun and Joohyun's wedding rehearsal is taking place currently, but it's convenient for him now to take it as the fastest route. 

And when he stops at the second floor, huffing, and breathing—he really needs that gym membership renewed—Kyungsoo hurries down the hall to the room tucked in the back. 

He doesn't knock, because this is his best friend's room, and when he swings the door open, he finds both him and his bride-to-be cuddled on the bed. 

"Sehun? Joohyun? What's wrong?" Kyungsoo looks behind him to make sure nobody has followed him here and quickly shuts the door closed. "Why aren't you dressed? I swear, Hun, your mother tried to kill me with her eyes—"

"We're pregnant!"

Kyungsoo stops and stares. First, he looks at Joohyun, cocking his head to the side, before looking at his best friend. ".. What..."

"Well, technically, Joo is pregnant," Sehun kisses his lovely fiancée, standing up to meet Kyungsoo at the middle. "But it's basically like we're both!" Then he smiles like they just didn't drop the bomb. "We're having a baby, Soo!"

Kyungsoo looks at him for a moment, before a smile makes its way on his lips. Then it stretches, and all three of them stop to laugh out loud, even Joohyun joining them in a group hug in the middle of the room. 

"I'm so proud of you guys!" Kyungsoo kisses Joohyun again, squeezing her cheeks until the pudge covers her lips, and kisses Sehun right in the lips. "We're having a baby, oh-my-god!!"

The newlyweds share a look, but they're all too familiar with their best man's behavior. 

"Technically, we are having— Okay!" Sehun's cut off when Kyungsoo starts spinning them around, holding both of their hands, and squeals louder. 

"And now the wedding is gonna be perfect, and— What?" Kyungsoo stops to look at the change in the atmosphere when Sehun bites his lower lip. 

"Well, you see.." Joohyun starts, looking up to her fiancé. "We kinda didn't tell anyone about it."

Kyungsoo nods. Then blinds them with a smile. "So I'm the first one to know about it!?" He looks like those anime characters that Joohyun likes to watch so much, with big, hopeful eyes, smile being stopped just by his ears from going around his head. 

Sehun nods. "Yes, but—"

"But?" Kyungsoo parrots back. 

"—We kinda don't anyone to know either." Joohyun finishes, and now even Kyungsoo's confused. 

".. Why?" He raises one eyebrow, looking at them like they've grown two heads each, and looks at Joohyun's still flat stomach. "Are you really preggo?"

Joohyun nods, giggling when he starts tickling her on purpose to spill it. Then Sehun explains it. "You see, our parents think we're both.. you know."

"I don't." Well, since he can be blunt. 

"s, Soo." Sehun's fiancée offers instead. Bluntly so. "Our parents think we're keeping safe until married, and—"

"It would mean a lot if you can keep it a secret?" Sehun asks 'till the end, and Kyungsoo's eyes bulge out. 

"But.. but.. but.."

Joohyun leans to her future husband's side, still eyeing bewildered Kyungsoo trying to understand it all. "I think we broke him." 

Sehun only nods. 

 

 

###

 

 

The band stops playing a soft tune, as the guests turn around to walk back to their respective seats. It’s a calm night, almost 8 pm, and Kyungsoo feels calm too when his best friend hugs him midway to their main table.

The last time they talked was back in Sehun's room when the newlyweds told him the big news, and Kyungsoo's been biting his tongue shut for the past four hours, trying way too hard to keep it quiet. 

“Feeling good?” Kyungsoo asks him, turning to Sehun who’s all smiles and crescent eyes. 

Sehun nudges him a yes, and moves to sit beside his bride-to-be, turning to steal a kiss from her cheek. Kyungsoo watches them interact with a soft smile because he’s gotten to see their love blossoming over time, and know that their day is finally here, nothing could stop it. 

But then someone clears their throat next to him, and Kyungsoo wishes for the earth to swallow him up.

Because after all, someone could ruin Sehun’s big day, and he’s not here for it.

(Well, not really since this is Joohyun's day too, and her brother wouldn't want anything like that for his sister after all.)

“What now?” He turns to eye the intruder on his special moment, giving him a pointed look of bothering him once again. And he's been on the receiving end of Jongin's bothers for too long now. 

And will be for far more, after Sehun and Joohyun are joined in marriage. 

“You're wearing that tomorrow?” The guest—or rather bride’s older brother—drawls out, standing way too close into his personal space. Kyungsoo huffs out, turning away from his side profile when Jongin’s eyes snap back to his light button-down and black slacks hugging his legs nicely. It’s not that he’s dressed wrong, even for the rehearsal dinner, but Jongin tends to work his nerves when he really tries it. 

And Kyungsoo’s too proud to admit that the elder sometimes gets to him. 

Instead, he says, “Gonna show up?” before turning around to leave. But a flaw in his plan is that Jongin’s sitting next to him at their main, circular table that only consists of newlyweds’ parents and Joohyun’s maid of honor that’s busy dancing with Sehun’s older brother. 

So Kyungsoo downs an entire glass of wine when Jongin follows him to the seat too and turns to talk to Sehun instead. 

“Why are you ignoring me, Soo?” A breathy whisper comes to his ear, and Kyungsoo tries to suppress a shiver already running down his spine. But instead of throwing his new drink in Jongin’s face, he politely turns around, glaring at the elder.

“If only you’d shut up already—”

“I know a way of shutting me up,” Jongin butts in, and Kyungsoo feels the vein on his forehead popping out when Jongin smirks, then continues to his lips, emphasizing the way, as he’s put it. 

Kyungsoo threatens instead, “You’re gonna lose a ball or both if you don’t—”

“Oh, 'would like to see in you in between my legs any day—”

Before Jongin could make him vomit today’s dinner, Sehun’s elder brother stands up, gathering the attention onto himself. He doesn't know about their secret, which's now shared between three people instead of just the newlyweds, and luckily he doesn't talk about anything remotely close. 

Besides, even Kyungsoo knows how loose of a month Junmyeon has. That must be the reason why Sehun confided in him first.

When he starts talking about his brother and how proud he’s of him getting this far into his life, Kyungsoo feels a hand reaching out to touch his knee, before drawling up to meet his upper thigh. 

He ignores it at first, slowly crossing that leg over the other one, still looking up to Junmyeon. The smiling cherubic face starts talking about Sehun's younger days, when they used to live in the countryside, and what their life used to be. 

Judging by Junmyeon's teary-eyed at the rehearsal only, Kyungsoo can only imagine how much he's gonna cry tomorrow at the wedding, where the hall will be filled with guests of both Sehun and Joohyun's families and friends, and much more than just twenty people that are currently listening to him.

"And God, he was such a small child," Junmyeon gushes out, thanking Kyungsoo when the shorter pokes him in the thigh and pushes the napkin in his hand. 

He drawls out the speech some more, and even some of the guests are crying by now too. Kyungsoo would too, but that persistent hand on his leg is back on again, standing still on his knee. He doesn't need to glance at Jongin to know the look on his face while having him this close, and focuses on ignoring his whole appearance altogether. 

".. Could you imagine their kids, then?" Apparently, while Kyungsoo was having a mental battle, Junmyeon's brought out some kid photos of Sehun riding a bike, laying in the mud, and oh, god! he even has one of a Sehun playing in the bathtub. He was four years old, yes, but still...

Sehun shares a look with him at the mention of their kids together, and even Joohyun shifts in the seat. 

But Kyungsoo misses it all when the hand moves up to his thigh, massaging on its way. He huffs out, trying to slip more to the side of his chair, and away from Jongin. But the man is persistent after all, because he moves with him, shifting closer to his side. Jongin moves closer, and leans on the back of Kyungsoo's chair, getting comfortable while practically making a move on him. Or bluntly ually assaulting him. And in front of both of their parents, too.

Junmyeon's still talking about baby Sehun, now even having some pictures of a small, adorable Joohyun smiling for the camera, missing a front tooth, and Joohyun rolls her eyes at her mom that cries out, bringing more pictures from her bag to hand it to Junmyeon to show around. 

And all the while Kyungsoo's feeling hot under his collar, trying not so subtly to push Jongin away by now, sneaking a hand under the table to push Jongin's away. But Joohyun's brother is a sneaky SOB, because he grabs his hand in his, holding it over his thigh still. 

After squeezing it, Jongin drops it to Kyungsoo's knee, while his own long fingers move up more to his thighs, feeling now, instead of just touching. 

Kyungsoo drops the crossed legs down on instinct, moving so that he has more space to venture, and Jongin actually smirks. When Kyungsoo looks at him from the corner of his eye, the bastard looks smug as hell, and something churns in Kyungsoo's core. 

By now, Junmyeon's crying on Sehun's shoulder, and he's still not done talking. He either took this wedding too hard or is the proudest brother on this planet. 

But Jongin moves his hand more, until his fingers dip down dangerously close to his crotch, stopping to squeeze around. Slim digits drip down to his inner thigh, basically holding his thigh vertically, and Kyungsoo almost faints when a feathery touch is left on the start of his crotch. 

And that knee-jerk that rattles the table in front only stops Sehun’s brother from talking, bringing a devious smirk on Jongin’s face, and doesn’t help with his blushing cheeks whatsoever. 

 

 

###

 

 

It wasn’t always that they hated each other, but it seems like that to Kyungsoo at least.

Sehun and Joohyun had been dating for about three years before Sehun decided to drop to one knee and pop the question. They’ve been the couple-to-be for years now, and when Sehun confessed his plans to his best friend, Kyungsoo was nothing short of ecstatic for their happiness. 

He loved them both so much since Joohyun'd gotten under his skin the moment they'd met. Kyungsoo was there for each of them, turning to a best friend of two people, like a couple of deal, rather than just staying Sehun's. 

… But then he also remembered Joohyun’s older brother, Jongin. 

Jongin’s always been a pest that liked to bother him whenever they got all together. With his lousy jokes, cheesy pick-up lines, and constant bugging whenever Kyungsoo wasn’t paying utmost attention to him only. And for god's sake, he was twenty-seven but acted like a five-year-old instead.

And Kyungsoo's been nothing but a ball of nerves and exasperated sighs through the preparation of the whole wedding because Joohyun wanted her brother to help too. 

And Jongin was too—too—ecstatic to help him. Junmyeon didn't have a problem with it, because he loved Joohyun, and that's why he loved her brother too. And as much as he loved Kyungsoo. He told them that himself. 

But that was Junmyeon, and he loved even Charles Manson in some way, because he's was human first, Kyungsoo!

The morning of the wedding, Kyungsoo woke up with a headache from too much wine last night. But nothing that a long, steamy shower couldn't fix. And maybe a couple of Aspirins couldn't help with too. 

He was just putting on his attire for the wedding, making sure his hair was in place when he hears a knock on his door, a cheery voice calling out. "Kyungie, I'm here!"

Kyungsoo laughs out loud at the adorable mess that's Junmyeon sometimes and opens the door to the dashing-looking man in his best suit yet. 

Junmyeon twirls, showing all of the sides of his pressed, dark blue suit to him, and asks. "How do I look?"

Kyungsoo whistles, clapping for him to twirl some more. "Like a stud you are!"

"Aw, stop it you!" They share a laugh before Junmyeon helps him with cuffing the suit, and then they're on their married way to wake up Sehun. 

But when he knocks on the wooden door of his room, nobody answers. 

Kyungsoo checks his wristwatch and realizes that they still have a couple of hours ‘till the wedding, but even Junmyeon's confused. 

When Kyungsoo knocks again and twists the doorknob, he finds an empty room, no signs of Sehun for that matter. 

"I'm sure he's already at the venue," Junmyeon assures, and Kyungsoo agrees, closing the room and following the elder to the ground floor. 

But when they enter the hall, there's no one of their newlyweds waiting.

Kyungsoo thinks about all the possible reasons for where his best friend could be and comes up with a few. So he goes to check the bathroom on the same floor, goes down to check with their wedding planner, and even stops some random men working on the hall where the wedding should take place in about two hours tops, asking about him. 

But nothing comes up, and after the fifth call to Sehun’s cellphone, he turns to Junmyeon. He couldn't have gone to Joohyun's room, because she was rooming with her maid of honor so that Seulgi could help her in preparing from the early morning, and both Sehun and Joohyun knew about the tradition of not seeing each other before the ceremony. 

“This is bad! This is so bad!” Junmyeon starts hyperventilating almost, and now Kyungsoo has two jobs as a best man. Seeing Junmyeon in this type of situation only helps him in realizing why Sehun’s picked him over his older brother as the best man in the first place.

“Hey, hyung!” Kyungsoo comes closer, squishing his cheeks like a baby. “Everything’s gonna be fine, okay! We just need to find the groom and make sure that the bride doesn’t find out about it—”

“She’s gone too!”

Kyungsoo’s head snaps to the voice at the door of the venue, finding distressed Jongin walking through. He's dressed in a suit too, and he looks even better than the last night. And rehearsal Jongin was in a loose button-do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter