END

A Rainy Day
Please log in to read the full chapter

Minghao shifts to sit on his bed as he stares at the gloomy sky above the vast dark blue sea through the glass wall across. Excitement bubbling in him at the thought of what was to come soon from behind those dark, bloated clouds floating around slowly. 

Rain has always been his things since forever. The smells, the sound, and everything about it always give him this sense of comfort, like a white noises that lull you to sleep or like the smell of something familiar that put your mind at ease. He remembers how his eyes always find its way to the nature phenomenon, unblinking as he stares with great interest at the way the rain pour down on whatever caught underneath. Just like now.

A few low rumbles in the distance later, then the first batch of water start to pour down on earth. Droplets of water coming in a light drizzle, a warning for whoever are outside about its arrival before it turns into full blown down pour. The Chinese man watches as clear liquids hit the glass before sliding down, then averts his gaze to the bright screen of his phone that he manage to retrieved from underneath his pillow not long ago.

’06.05 AM’

It’s still too early to be awake, moreover in the weekend like now. And once awake, he will stick to being that way for the next couple of hours, which is sometimes. Minghao sighs as he tears his gaze from his phone then back to the rain. 

He usually was very content just watching the rain or having it sound as a background noise while he did something. But this time he feels a little boring just to sit back and watch. And since he has nothing to do for the next few hours, maybe going out and enjoy the rain wouldn’t be such a bad idea right?

 

Junhui wakes up to the sound of his alarm goes off. Its sounds almost beat the sound of the rain outside. Groaning he rolls over and stretches an arm out to grab his phone on the bedside table, fumbling slightly with the device before shutting it off completely. A sighs makes its way past his lips in relieves. Now that the noises are gone, he thinks of going back to snuggling with his youngest boyfriend slash his personal human pillo- wait, where’s MInghao?

“Hao?” He calls out sleepily, only to be meet with silence. The oldest Chinese man rubs his eyes with balled fist while yawning widely as he sits up on the bed.

“Xiaohao?” Again, no response. Junhui scratches the back of his neck confusedly. Maybe the younger went to the other room to sleep with their other housemates instead…

The Wen guy hop off the bed then make his way to the bedroom across from his. He pushes the door open, just enough for his head to poke in and see if the said male is there or not. Junhui cranes his neck further into the room to peers at the two sleeping figures on the bed, but none of them is Minghao. Sighing, he closes the door quietly as not to disturb the two and frown. Where could he possibly be?

And then he hears it. The faint sound of laughter amongst the pitter patter of rain. He lets out a chuckles and shakes his head in amusement. Why he didn’t think about it before.

A moment later he finds the younger boy in their backyard, sitting by the pool side as he soaks himself under the rain. Head tilts upward and eyes closed, enjoying every drop of water that falls on his skin. His brown hair sticking onto his forehead and his thin t-shirt clings to his body like a second layer of skin. A look of pure bliss adorn his face, the look that can makes a certain guy loses his breath in an instant.

“HELLO?! EARTH TO GEGE!! HELLO?” 

“Uh, he-y Hao,” Junhui snaps out of his trances to see Minghao already standing infront of him with his fond smiles and amusement shinning in his eyes. A flick soon delivers to his forehead by the long fingers that he loves held and play with.

“You’re zoning out. Whatcha thinking, huh?” The older of the two grimaces at the bit of wet and cold spot left on his forehead. His –now- peach colors cheeks puffing out in an act of embarrassment and shyness as he rubs at the spot.

“Nothing,” Jun averts his gaze anywhere but on the certain brown haired guy infront of him. He knew lying get him nowhere with Minghao (and the other two), but he still does it anyway.

Minghao knows the older was lying, but he let it pass this time. Knowing that it was only because the older was embarrassed to admit something.

Silently, he lets his eyes roams over the other. Taking his slightly dishevels appearance as the sight that he just woke up. Was he awake because of him?

“Why are you awake, hum? Can’t sleep without me?” He doesn’t mean the question to sounds like teasing. But when t

Please log in to read the full chapter