The storm(s)

Crash
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was since the first second they had met that a spark had been there. Of course back then it had been assumed by both that this spark was one of simple admiration and friendship with neither of them ever considering it would go past that.

It was storming the night Changkyun figured out what the spark he felt with Kihyun really meant. Changkyun hadn’t ever been afraid of the usual storms and was able to sleep well through them, simply closing his eyes to ignore the flashes and turning up his music to avoid the thunder. But that night Changkyun had left his headphones in the studio and so was left awake, listening to the storm and counting the moments between the blinding lightning and the rolling thunder.

Changkyun had been lucky to be boarded in his own room whereas the others had been forced to lodge with another member of their choosing. However tonight his room felt empty as the walls lit up when the silent lightning flashed, allowing for only seconds of navy light in the darkened den. Somehow the room seemed to have a both calming and anxiety creating feel as Changkyun’s heart seemed to beat faster every second that there was light, afraid he may see something he didn’t want to.

The walls had an eerie blue hue to them that Changkyun hadn’t noticed on other nights. The whole dorm being built with creaky wood and paper thin walls Changkyun had gotten used to the noises of the other members snoring but tonight there was something different… silent sobs shook the house. The sobs shocked Changkyun at first as his brain somehow processed it as if it were coming from him but as he lay there silently he finally realized these sobs were coming from an outside source just one room over. The sobs were quiet with small whimpers sprinkled in when the light flashed or low thunder rolled and while Changkyun listened he felt a strange need to comfort whoever it was.

Everything was blanketed over with numb azure and as Changkyun stood he realised he himself couldn’t feel anything but instead his body had a will of its own as he opened his creaking door only pausing when he realised the sobs and whimpers had stopped temporarily. However as the next roll of thunder sounded once again the sobs were heard.

“Stop-” The voice that was sobbing had said and by that point Changkyun knew exactly where he was going. Kihyun’s sobs sounded even as Changkyun opened the older boys’ room which he shared with a snoring Wonho.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter