Chapter 1

The Magic Stone

Kim Taeyeon was shy, insecure, introverted, and had a load of social anxiety. But she was also a massive ert. One day, as she was walking home from school, she stumbled upon a strange-looking object. It was like a stone of some sort, but what convinced her to pick it up off the grimy-arse ground was that it was shimmering pink with white swirls in the most intriguing design. Being the hoarder she is, Taeyeon decided to stuff it in her pocket, convinced it was a 'good luck charm', before heading on home. 

 

Yes, Kim Taeyeon was in her second year of university and yes, she was still living at home with her family because she was too scared to make any friends in her first year or go to any of the cool Freshers parties so didn't have anyone to get an apartment with for second year because God forbid she rent out a new apartment with someone she's never met and could potentially murder her in her sleep.

 

Taeyeon was an art major and you know how they are - some think they're God's greatest creation and everywhere they walk is now blessed with a thousand rose petals and if you don't cry when you see their art then "you're not evolved enough to truly understand this masterpiece"; others spray their hair and other body parts with various colours on a daily basis to "make a statement" against whatever's suddenly triggered them in the last 30 seconds, whereas artists like Taeyeon, who don't even call themselves artists because the word alone already sounds too stuck-up, are more reserved and keep to themselves and they don't really talk they just keep their earphones in and get to work. Taeyeon lived practically her whole life with earphones stuck in - she used it as a sign that she didn't want to be disturbed or talked to, and only took them out when sleeping because of her fear that they'll get clogged in one night and she'll have to go to a hospital to get them taken out and the embarrassment of having earphones stuck in your ears on top of the embarrassment that a 19 year old got earphones stuck in her ears on top of the embarrassment of scheduling an appointment because she got earphones stuck in her ears on top of the embarrassment of stuttering like crazy and completely messing up booking an appointment by saying "my name's Tango I have small music-rocks stuck in my holes" which is just 98% likely to happen. So just don't sleep with earphones in, okay kids it's not great.

 

"TAEYEON-AH IS THAT YOU??!"

 

"YEA"

 

"REMEMBER TO LOCK THE DOOR"

 

"KAY"

 

"ALL THE LOCKS TAEYEON"

 

"YEA YEA I KNOW"

 

Kim Taeyeon's mother was also rather introverted and socially anxious - I say 'rather' but it's actually at extreme levels. She refuses to leave the house because she's so terrified of the outside world and only goes out when she has to, such as buying food or fixing up the car yearly. All doors are locked and curtains shut in the Kim household, and the lights can't be too bright - it's as if they're ing vampires or something. Her mum's anxiety is severe and she doesn't like to argue with her for this very reason of maybe triggering something. 

 

"Ma look I found a cool rock isn't it pretty?"

 

"Ooh yea, where'd you get it?"

 

"I found it"

 

"On the ground?!! Throw it away and go wash your hands this instant! Who knows what kind of germs you've brought in, this girl yah!" She pushed Taeyeon away towards the bathroom, huffing with annoyance at how weird her daughter was.


Taeyeon just laughed, "mum it's fine, really!"

 

"Just go wash your hands!"

 

Taeyeon sighed and trekked up the stairs to her room. She put down her bags and went to wash the stone. "This one's a keeper," she muttered, gazing at the intricate designs on the smooth object. Taeyeon stood by the sink with her earphones in, humming along to Alone by Halsey. There was a bit of dirt stuck on the centre of the stone, too stubborn to wipe off and that annoyed Taeyeon a buttload so she went to retrieve one of those scrubby things at the opposite ends of sponges. With a bit of effort the dirt came clean off and Taeyeon twirled the stone in her hands to examine all sides before nodding to herself it was completely clean. 

 

"What a beauty..." On the centre, the white swirls were positioned so there was a curve at the top and straighter line on the bottom with a dot in centre - it sorta looked like an eye, which both interested Taeyeon and slightly creeped her out. She rubbed it over and shrugged, tossing the stone in her jar titled "random collections". 

 

Still bopping along to that Halsey banger, she decided to head upstairs to her studio to get some work done. 

 

Her studio was where all her art supplies were stored and where she did her art. Don't be confused, Taeyeon is not rich. Miss Kim, having too much anxiety to interact with others, does not work. The two live off of the money earned by Mr Kim before he died in a terrible accident. Mr Kim used to be a successful businessman but when he died his company failed and was bought by someone else. However he had many friends since he was an active person with a sociable personality, unlike the woman of the family, and it was these friends who helped Taeyeon and her mum get back on their feet. But they only helped, thinking Miss Kim would share her husband's company secrets with them and so when they realised she knew very little (or at least acted as if she knew very little), the so-called 'friends' dumped the two like the bag of lemons Kim Namjoon can't hold properly. And so now they've been living off of his savings as well as the money Taeyeon's recieved from her scholarship. Yep, that's right Taeyeon is smart as and that girl could've honestly gone down any route she wanted - doctor, lawyer, you name it. But she found comfort in expressing her thoughts and feelings through art rather than actually speaking to people, and decided that's what she wants to live the rest of her life doing - expression through art...and yes she just realised how cringe that sounded but honestly y'all, leave her be. 

 

"I know you're dying to meet me... But I can just tell you this..mmhmm baby as soon as you meet me... you'll wish that you never did..~~"

 

"And why do you say that?" 

 

"OH " Taeyeon jumped so high she threw her paintbrush across the room with paint flying across her walls. She looked up and saw a...woman? sitting across from her on the side table wearing a rather y silk pink nightdress, her very nice-looking legs crossed over and she's smiling at Taeyeon with probably the most beautiful smile she has ever seen. " them collarbones..." Taeyeon breathed under her breath before a clear cough brought her back to reality. Ah yes, reality. The reality where there's suddenly a smoking hot woman beaming her white teeth and sincere smile at Kim Taeyeon, the awkwardly shy artist who doesn't really know what to do right now except she can't stop staring at them collarbones...

 

"Umm what are you doing?"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I mean..why are you holding that broom as if you're life depended on it?" As soon as Taeyeon processed what was happening and what y collarbones here just said, she dropped the broom on the ground with her hands raised and eyes wide looking like a deer caught in headlights. Wait no what am I doing there's a strange woman here I'm supposed to defend myself! In a flash she crouched down to re-pick up the broom and jumped into a warrior stance. The woman opposite just raised her eyebrow and Taeyeon saw that as cue to charge at her screaming a warrior's cry. 

 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

 

"AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

 

"WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING??!!"

 

"I DONT KNOW WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING AND POINTING THAT BROOM AT ME IT'S QUITE INTIMIDATING!!!"

 

"I'M DEFENDING MYSELF"

 

"WHY?"

 

"I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU ARE AND YOU JUST POPPED OUT OF NOWHERE"

 

"I'M NOT GOING TO HURT YOU BUT I APPLAUD YOUR MOTHER FOR RAISING SOMEONE SO CONCERNED WITH SAFETY AND STRANGER DANGER"

 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

 

"WHAT, WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING AGAIN???"

 

"HOW DO YOU KNOW MY MUM!!!"

 

"I DON'T KNOW YOUR MUM I DONT KNOW YOUR MUM I'M SORRY CAN YOU PLEASE PUT THAT BROOM DOWN"

 

"WHY SHOULD I, YOU KNOW MY MUM!"

 

"TAEYEON-AH WHAT'S HAPPENING?? WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO?"

 

"UHHHHH-"

 

"Tiffany."

 

"-TIFFANY"

 

"Oh okay well KEEP IT DOWN STOP SCREAMING THE NEIGHBOURS WILL COME OVER AND I AIN'T GONNA BE THE ONE TALKING TO THEM"

 

"KAYYY"

 

Taeyeon stopped the warrior position she learnt from YouTube yoga and proceeded to lower the broom.

 

"Ahh, let's start over shall we!" The brunette wiped down her dress (that was wayy too short for Taeyeon's liking) and flipped her hair behind her shoulder, "Hi! I'm Tiffany! You summoned me with my stone :) "