Final

A Day in the Park

It was almost midnight when Kyuhyun sat down on a bench inside the deserted park. He was just coming home from work, where he stayed to finish his report for tomorrow. A sigh left Kyuhyun as he held a piece of sandwich which was supposed to be his dinner. He was looking up to the stars for who knows long, when he felt something bumped his foot.

“!” Kyuhyun said, startled.

“What the hell was that!” He said as he bent down his head to search for it. As he looked under the bench, he saw a little pug curled up under the seat.

“It’s a dog? Huh, well” Kyuhyun said to no one as he proceeded to sit upright and started to unpack his late supper. Kyuhyun was about to take a bite when the dog under the bench came out and looked towards him.

“It’s the first time a real dog gave me the puppy eyes. Go away” Kyuhyun said, talking to the dog.

Kyuhyun was just about to bite his sandwich, when he heard the dog whimper. He looked at the dog and saw him directly looking at his sandwich. Rolling his eyes, he split his sandwich in two.

“Ugh. Be glad I’m not as hungry as I thought I was.” Kyuhyun bent down as he tore the other half into small pieces to feed the dog, who is now jumping around as he saw the human trying to feed him a piece of bread.  A small smile lit up in Kyuhyun’s face as he saw the dog munching down the bread he gave.

“Wow, you must be starving.” Kyuhyun remarked as he saw the dog finished all that in just a few minutes.  He took the dog from his feet to his lap and continued to pat the dog for a while, until he noticed the dog was close to sleeping.

“Well that was fast. Eat and sleep. I hope life was that simple.” Kyuhyun chuckled as he tried to pry the dog away from him without waking it up.

When Kyuhyun looked at his watch to check for time, he was startled at how late it was already. He then stood up from the bench to walk towards home.

“Huh, just when you thought this is the worst day ever.” Kyuhyun said with a smile as he looked back at the dog sleeping under the bench.

 

 

“Bugsy!! Buddy! Where are you?” A loud voice boomed through the sunny day at the park.

“Bugsy! Bugsy!” Siwon continued to shout, not minding the stares he’s receiving from the people around the park

Siwon continued to shout while looking around, when suddenly his leg was tackled by a small dog.

“Bugsy! I thought you were gone.” Siwon said as he bent down to pick up the dog which was barking as if asking to be noticed.

“Why are you away from the bench? I thought someone got you already” Siwon sadly said, which was replied by a couple of barks from the dog.

“And I’m sorry, I still can’t take you home buddy. My sister still is crashing in my apartment and you still run away whenever I brought you to my friend’s house.” Siwon said as he looked at the dog’s body to see if he has any injuries.

“Here I got some treats for you. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to stop by yesterday to feed you. I had to go somewhere. I hope you’re not too hungry.” Siwon said while he sat on the bench together with the dog to give him the bag of treats he brought.

Siwon continued to pet the dog as he gave out the treats which the other happily ate. Almost half an hour had passed when Siwon’s cuddle session with the dog was interrupted by a call.

“Oh. Okay I’ll be there,” Siwon replied thorough the phone.

“Ugh. I’m sorry buddy, I thought I could spend my whole lunch break with you, but life happened. I’ll be back tomorrow, okay?” Siwon said as he continued to pet the dog’s head affectionately.

Siwon waited for the dog to settle under the bench before he ran towards his office.

 

                A week has passed since Kyuhyun had started to go at the park to feed the dog, right after work. Kyuhyun have brought quite a lot of bread for the dog today since he was extra happy that he got out of work early. A smile was instantly brought to his face as he saw the dog running towards him the moment he entered the deserted park. Kyuhyun quickly kneeled and rubbed the dog’s head as he signaled for a race towards their favorite bench.

“You seem to have a lot of energy today huh? Are you that happy to see me?” Kyuhyun asked the dog as they reached the bench.

“Well you better be. I’m spending money to feed you.” Kyuhyun said as he took the dog which was jumping and barking excitedly at Kyuhyun. He took the dog up and settled them together in the bench. Kyuhyun started to open the bag of bread when the dog started barking towards him as if asking him to hurry up. The barking dog made Kyuhyun laugh slightly.

“You’re impatient, aren’t you? We’re perfect for each other!” Kyuhyun said as he started tearing the bread into pieces for the dog to eat.

“Should I adopt you already? Should I?” Kyuhyun bent his head down as he tried making eye contact with the dog that was busily eating.

“I should get a name for you first. Well, What’s a good name?” Kyuhyun wondered as he mindlessly tore bread into pieces which made the dog happier. Kyuhyun was still lost in his trance when a booming voice calling snapped him out.

“Bugsy!!” The man with the disturbingly loud voice continued to shout. Kyuhyun decided to ignore him, when suddenly the dog he was feeding ran towards him barking.

“Whaa—Hey dog!” Kyuhyun said, startled at the reaction of the dog. He inwardly face palmed as he realize the vital importance of having a name, he literally called the dog, dog.

“I should really have thought of the name for the dog.” Kyuhyun grumbled as he saw the dog being happily patted by the stranger with the loud voice.

“I guess he has an owner and here I am thinking of adopting him.” Kyuhyun grumbled with disappointment, as he started to pack up some of the bread littered around the bench, when the dog ran up to him and barked loudly.

“Hey, why are you still here?” Kyuhyun smiled as he saw the dog barking his lungs out.

“Bugsy, where are you going?” Siwon said as he walked towards the bench where Bugsy stays usually.

“Excuse me, Hi.” Siwon said as he saw the stranger was affectionately petting Bugsy.

“Yes?” Kyuhyun answered as he looked up, while still petting the dog.

“Are you the owner of this dog?” Siwon asked, seeing the bread and the way the dog was still looking at him excitedly.

“No, I just occasionally drop by to feed him. I thought you were the owner.” Kyuhyun stood up as he answered the stranger.

“No, I just stop by here from time to time to feed him too. I thought his owner will eventually come here.” Siwon answered as placed his hand to his nape, immediately blushing when he noticed the other is beautiful.

                The awkward silence was broken by the loud barking and jumping of the dog, which seem to settle in the middle of them both. A smile immediately appeared into Kyuhyun and Siwon’s faces, Siwon crouched down to the dog’s level to pet his head.

“You’re full of energy today, huh Buddy?” Siwon said as he continued to cuddle the dog.

“You seem very close to him” Kyuhyun asked as he saw the other continued to cuddle the dog affectionately.

“Yup! Actually, I’ve been meaning to adopt him since nobody seems to own him. It’s just that my sister was allergic to dogs and she stayed over, for a week.” Siwon said as he stood up carrying the dog.

“Really,” Kyuhyun replied, trying hard to hide his sadness. Which was noticed by the other.

“It seems that you’ve become attached to him as well.” Siwon said as he continued to blatantly stare at the other, which caused Kyuhyun to blush.

“Well, not really.” Kyuhyun denied as he saw the dog starting to wiggle out of the man’s strong arms.

“You should know you’re not a good liar.” Siwon chuckled as he let go of the dog, only to see Bugsy cuddle the other.

“I’m not lying. I haven’t even thought of a name for him yet. I heard you calling him, what was he name again?” Kyuhyun smiled as he tried to pry his leg from the playful dog.

“I named him Bugsy” Siwon said, as he stood up and walked towards the very familiar bench.

“Bugsy, That’s a nice name.” Kyuhyun smiled as he sat on the bench together with the stranger.

“You know, I haven’t got your name yet.” Kyuhyun said as he smiled towards the stranger.

“Why don’t we talk that over a coffee?” Siwon said as he shyly tried to score a date towards this amazing looking person beside him.

“I just know a coffee shop that allows pets inside.” Kyuhyun replied as he tried to stifle his laughter from the offer.

Kyuhyun was just about to carry the dog when he heard a loud ring coming off the man beside him. He saw the other take it out and stared at it as if contemplating.

“Aren’t you going to answer that?” Kyuhyun asked as he carried the dog to his lap.

“No, not this time.’’ Siwon smiled looking at the other.