Conjunction

Dark matter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Conjunction: When the Moon or a planet appears especially close either to another planet or to a bright star.

 

 

the girl.

 

Kim Yerim started her last high school’s year without big dreams and expectations. After the end of her trainee contract, when she understood she wouldn’t be part of SM Rookie, she though dreams wouldn’t be an option anymore. 

 

But when she visited Ewha University and saw the building by Dominique Perrault, she knew what would be her new dream: seeing one of her drawing beaming reality. She was accepted to Sungkyunkwan University (SU) and fell in love with the library. 

 

- - -

 

Her previous life as a trainee gave her so much independence that her parents accepted she lived in one of the campus’s dorm. She discovered on her moving day, not only her roommate dropped school and she would alone for the first semester, but she was also in the only co-ed dorm. It wasn’t a real co-ed dorm because the girls were living in an annex, but it was the only dorm where both es were living so close. 

The room was simple, and she decided to use the other bed as a couch when friends would visit if she made friends at one point: not only the classes were hard, but the girls of her departments always looked at her in a weird way like they recognized her. But she never entered SM rookie, and it was only crazy fans who knew the other trainees. 

 

She had to learn how to use a computer to draw, working in team and to stop dreaming about creating huge buildings so quickly. However, after two weeks, she became friend quickly with one girl, Park Chaeyoung, a former YJ trainee, during their first department party.

 

They were the last one to stay (mostly because they were drunk) and started to talk freely about their past. Chaeyoung was the first to spill the beans when IKON started to play in the restaurant. 

 

« I don’t know if you are a fan, but they were my sunbaes when I was a trainee » Chaeyoung murmured with a low voice. « They were really nice with us. »

 

In an instant, Yerim had a flash and started screaming: « oh crap, were you a YG trainee? » 

 

Chaeyoung was silence for a bit before she began to talk again: «  Yes, but as you can see I escaped the donjon very quickly. It was a great experience, but I wasn’t chosen to be a member of their new group. »

 

« Won’t we fight about who had the best sunbaes or not ? » smirked Yerim when she saw Chaeyoung’s face becoming blank. « I’m also a former trainee from SM entertainment. » 

 

« Hum excuses me my friend, but Big Bang is the greatest Korean group ever! But I can accept that EXO is like the hottest group right now. Did you see their performance at the AMA? » And like this, the two girls build an irreversible bond because of their trainee past. 

 

- - -

 

Sometimes, when Yerim was alone in her room, the only time she felt really alone, thoughts about how her life could be, came to her mind. She was glad to have Chaeyoung as a friend because she was the only one in their department who felt the same. 

 

« You know what we should do » proclaimed Yerim after a long evening in the library, « we should find a club to join, something totally different from architecture and art. » 

 

« What do you have in mind? » Demanded Chaeyoung, head in her hands. 

 

« I don’t know, but personally I cannot deal with singing or a dancing class, maybe something… » At this moment, she turned her head to the window. It was pretty dark already, and the stars were rare. « Maybe something like astronomy. »

 

« It’s a nerd thing Kim Yerim; there won’t be cute guys to meet there. And yes, I really said this. »

 

Yerim just laughed before speaking: « you’re the shyest girl I ever met, what are you talking about cute boys? One of my fellow SM trainees is a civil engineering student. I can introduce him to you. » 

 

« Are you talking about the weird guy you waved to a few days ago? He looks like an American fratboy who just landed in South Korea. » 

 

An expression of shock appeared on Yerim’s face, but she stayed calm to answer: « like you Rosé, he grew up overseas, in Canada and came to Korea three years ago to become a trainee. He isn't used to our country. » 

 

- - -

 

« I’m so hungry » cried Chaeyoung, two months after the beginning of class. It was late, and they were working on a project in one of the university’s coffee. 

 

« If I read another page about the Hwando fortress, I’ll push myself in the face. » Yerim mumbled her head on a massive book. « Ok, I can’t work anymore, let’s go eat something and drink beer. » She didn’t have to ask twice, Chaeyoung started to put everything in her bag, and they left the coffee quickly. 

 

« You’re such a drunk Son Chaeyoung. » laughed Yerim. « How can you have such a great body and eat and drink so much? Her friend smiled wildly. « It because I have great . »

 

Yerim’s cheeks became red, and Chaeyoung snorted: « You’re such a prude Yerim, you’re twenty years old, and you never had a boyfriend, what happened? » The other girl stayed silent for a moment, before pushing her friend with her body. 

 

The weather was nice, and they decided to eat in a street restaurant close to the university. It was crowded when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter