Turn Back the Time (Yoonmin One-Shot)

Turn Back the Time (Yoonmin One-Shot)

Jimin loved him very much. His heart ached whenever they didn’t spend at least a minute with each other in a day. For him, Yoongi was like his second half, he couldn’t function properly without him.

 

        As much as the older acted coldly around others, he would always be happy with Jimin. Even if the world was falling apart, they wouldn’t be upset, as long as they were together.

 

        The day they met wasn’t as magical as any fairy tale or romantic story they ever heard of. It happened a cool summer day when Jimin was dancing around in a park with two of his good friends. They were doing it for fun before a small crowd gathered. Soon, a short man had taken a peek, wondering what all the commotion was about. He was trying to focus on writing other random songs before he had seen the group of nosy people form.

 

        Viewing the boys’ dancing, his eyes were drawn by one guy only. Park Jimin. The way the younger one performed perfectly to each song, being a little nervous and blushing every time before he started made him think. There was something about him Yoongi couldn’t put his finger on.

 

        Jimin feeling a little red and tired from dancing, thanked everyone for viewing and bid them a goodbye. A few kind-hearted people left money, liking the perform for it had made their day better. Jimin and his friends started to pack away the sound equipment when he noticed a guy still watching them.

 

        He turned to him and waved a little with his smile his friends and family would always call the “puppy-like” smile. Feeling a little timid, Yoongi gave him a single wave before going back to his spot on the bench. He suddenly had more inspiration for lyrics and started to jot them down.

 

        Jimin would have never guessed that the same thing would happen at the local mall. Seeing that man again, Jimin knew he had to say something. And he did. They soon became close friends, even if they had their differences.

 

        After a few months, they started dating. It was embarrassing for both of them to say how they felt about each other but soon after they felt even more comfortable than before. They were the perfect pair. But things would change.

 

        Jimin remembered the day clearly. Hand intertwined with Yoongi’s as they strolled down the beach together, enjoying each other company as the cool breeze softly hit their skin. He looked at the ocean and smiled softly, hoping this moment wouldn’t end when Yoongi spoke up.

 

        “Jimin-ah.” He turned around to be face to face with his lover. “You know that I love you more than anything and that I’m glad that I meant you that fateful day. I want to enjoy my life more and more with you,” he started to get down one knee as Jimin smiled widely, his eyesight become blurry of tears, “so would you marry me Park Jimin?”

 

        Jimin wiped his tears away happily. “Yes. Of course Yoongi!” Yoongi slipped the ring on before attacking Jimin with a soft kiss that ended in a few seconds. Yoongi smiled, wiping Jimin’s overflowing tears and began kissing him more roughly. Before things got any more heated, they headed back to the hotel room.

 

        Love was a powerful thing, Jimin remembered. The planning and saving for the wedding they were going to have. Two years. They wanted something small but sweet and memorable. A lot of saving up along with extra hours of work had to be put in but it finally arrived.

 

        The two boys holding hands in front of a small group of people that included close family and friends. They exchanged vowed and listened to the priest. The time for the most magical and touching moment of the service arrived. The kiss. Jimin blushed slightly as Yoongi held onto his cheeks and brought his face closer to his. He smiled sweetly and just as they were going to kiss Jimin woke up sobbing.

 

        He looked over to the empty bedside next to him and went to reach over for something, anything but he only got a hold of a pillow as his body continued to shake. In the cold, dark, reality he lived in, Yoongi died a year ago when he was pulled over for driving too fast when a sleepy truck driver swayed off the road and hit him.

 

        Now only wishing the one who he loved, the one who loved him back, was here with him. Depression soon took over as Jimin couldn’t and still can’t recover from his death. He tried hard to be his cheery self around his hyungs but it was useless. His pain showed. The death was hard on him. He once believed that he didn’t belong on this Earth and that his life should be traded with Yoongi’s. But it never happened. Then he thought that killing himself would be the only way he would see his love again. Suicide was a dangerous game to play and he took the chance. His friends lucky stopped him and persuaded him that Yoongi would have never wanted him to end his own life because of him.

 

        Crying out in more pain, Jimin squeezed his eyes tightly, holding onto to the engagement ring, wanting to see the slightest bit of Yoongi in his brain. He wanted him to appear and tell him that he was dreaming. That they were really married and living a perfect and happy life together. But he knew it would all be a lie. For he knew the world was against him.

 

        That week, Jimin finally got out of bed. He took a walk knowing that he had a great loss of energy due to his crying and malnourishment. Suddenly, he ended up in the graveyard. He wanted to stop but his legs kept going like they were on autopilot. There sat the stone with Yoongi's name on it. At that moment, he fell to his knees. Jimin sat there hoping, dreaming, wishing that he could turn back time, just to see him once more. Just to have the amazing adventures and experiences together. But he knew that wouldn't happen for he was stuck in a hell that would last an eternity until he finally lived up to his last breath.

 

Caught in a lie

Find me when I was pure

I can’t be free from this lie

Give me back my smile

Caught in a lie

Pull me from this hell

I can’t be free from this pain

Save me, I am being punished

                                       -Lie By BTS Jimin