iii. Association

Degrees of Affection

iii. Association

Association (n): connection link; relationship; bond; affinity

---

 

whenever Eunhyuk and Yoona would rap and dance together in the ending of various SMTown concerts...

---

"When we show our love to each other little by little
and grow our faith towards each other,
there is no cause to be angry or be fighting with each other.
There is our hope we’ve been dreaming of,
we can see the beautiful world.
We are standing here and saying, 'we are SMTOWN, let’s party!!'"

One of the most highly anticipated performances in every SMTown concert was the ending in which not only could they interact with their fans but they could enjoy their selves together with the other SMTown artists, as well. This was also the reason why majority of them selected it as a personal favorite. Aside from it being the epilogue (not that they're in a hurry to go home), they could also do it free of style and with whoever they wanted to do it, regardless of their group. In that moment, all SMT artists became one, they shared one stage and allowed themselves to let loose. 

Way back then, the representative of every group had a designated part in the song. But after a lot of their juniors debuted and the SMTown family became bigger, more singers and rappers joined and participated on their respective lines. Some of them would do whatever they deemed convenient while some decided to stick to their original parts.

Eunhyuk used to have the rap verses on the first half and some on the second half. But now that their numbers had almost doubled and most of the juniors would sing on the first half, he settled to take part on the second half. Besides, unlike before, he could stall a bit and take his time preparing on the waiting room.

Another reason why he deviated his course was because he had formed an unspoken agreement with Yoona. Together with Sulli, Yoona had the rap part of the second half and she sticked to it even now. So Eunhyuk would do the male parts of the rap whereas Yoona would do the female parts. Naturally, they would be joined by anyone who wanted to join, but what made him consider it as a thing between the two of them was the dance that they liked to infuse it with.

This concurrence probably started that one time when Eunhyuk saw Yoona entering the stage with a very bright and bubbly mood. Perhaps he got attracted to her energy at that moment, so he approached her and told her to do it together in which she happily agreed. On their next concert, Yoona actually waited for him to come out so they could do it like the last time. Since then, they always had fun working on their duet together.

Sometimes she would wait for him on the main stage or she would search for him wherever part of the stage he was just so they could perform their routine. Other times, he would immediately move towards her or give her a heads-up. Moreover, there were times when they didn't need to notify each other and just like a magnet, they would be automatically drawn near each other like a natural thing as they meet at the center of the main stage.

The prime instigator of their dance was Eunhyuk, of course. Being the one who earned the nickname 'dancing machine', he would initiate a dance move that Yoona would willingly follow. The point of the dance was to make it exaggeratedly cool and stylish enough to call it swag. The two of them were always on point and synchronized, making the mini choreography more exciting. They intended to do it with a menial and more of a second-class vibe, but even then, Yoona could make it look gorgeous, one of the reason why he preferred doing it with her. He liked to think that they were both lovely and very pleasing to the eyes together.

Nevertheless, his ultimate reason why he enjoyed it was simply because it was more fun with Yoona. She was always game and ready to do everything Eunhyuk wanted her to pull off. No matter how over the top it was, she would still gladly do it with a smile. He was greatly pleased to have a pretty kid like Yoona follow his steps. Furthermore, seeing her laughing and having fun was actually favorable and approving to him. It was already a long time ago but he could still recall how little confidence she had on herself before and how she would constantly ask him for an advice. Thankfully, through the magnanimous support of all the people who believed in her, Eunhyuk included, she slowly gained assurance and faith on her own abilities. 

In the present time, Yoona seemed to have gained a lot of confidence to do what she ought to do. Not to mention that every skill she possessed had greatly improved. She stood on top now, amazingly sturdy even, and yet, she only had her feet on the ground. She still kept the close relationship she had with the Super Junior members and although she had matured a lot and could be considered a woman and not the kid they all used to watch over, she astonishingly retained her vibrant and witty self that matched really well with theirs. 

Out of all the female celebrity idols, Yoona was significantly the closest to Super Junior. She was featured the most in their works and even though she was already close with them during trainee days, ever since she became a regular member of Super Junior Kiss the Radio for the segment 'Cheerful Theatre', she conclusively and officially became the little sister of Super Junior as well as the princess of Super Junior. They all obviously liked her a lot and she always had a permanent place in their hearts. The special stage of Super Junior of 'Love at First Sight' at Music Bank was only one of the evidence proving Yoona had always been the princess of the group. The decision was unanimous back then, to have her play the role of the heroine. It was quite volitional and instinctively, all their minds had united as if it had always been Yoona's role and no one else's. 

Maybe because Yoona had a personality that could make anyone comfortable, but Eunhyuk really found it easy to be with her and to hang out with her. It made him feel great. Hence, even only for a short while, the time he spent with Yoona on stage, which he was really looking forward to for every SMTown concerts, was valuable and had an eminent importance. All he could say was that the bond they shared was precious to him.

---

 

 

--krissyoong--