[JINHOO] The Plants That Bind Us

TOP Academy : School of Mages
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinwook sighed as he drove his way to his mother's place.She called him earlier and suddenly told him to be there in a span of 10 minutes then suddenly hung up the call.

He has no idea on what his mother would say or what but he knows that it's important.His mother doesn't usually call him and tells him to come over if it's not important.

Good thing,it's still two days before classes so he was still allowed to go out of the school grounds.

He parked his car in front of the house and saw his mother by the entrance door.
He was welcomed by his mother's embrace as soon as he reached the door of their home.

"My son! How are you doing? Are you even eating? Why are you so thin? And you didn't grow at all..." He shook his head and laughed at the last sentence.

"Mom,should we get in first so that we can talk properly?"

His mother laughed and guided him inside.He halted when he saw a woman who looks just like his mom's age,sitting on the couch.
The woman immediately stood up when she sensed the two approaching.She smiled at Jinwook and he doesn't know why but her bunny smile sent comfort on him.Just like a mother's smile.

"Oh hello there! You must be Jinwook?" The woman held out her hands for him to shake,which Jinwook politely obliged.

"Um Yes. I'm Kim Jinwook,nice meeting you." He bowed after their handshake as a sign of respect.

Jinwook won't deny how the woman has the air of authority in her.It was as if once you don't follow her,then it'll be the end for you.

"Jinwook-ah,seat first,we need to talk about something." His mother eyed him and turned to the woman who just nodded her head back to his mother.

His forehead creased.He's definitely sure that whatever they're going to talk about now,it would be a bad news for him.

He sat down carefully,aware of the gazes that both women in front of him are throwing.

"What is it mom? It's really a serious one,right?" His mother just sighed.

"I know that you would probably hate me for this." His mother's eyes almost pleaded at him.

"You're getting married."

It was as if his whole world crashed when he heard what his mother said. What...?

"I know it's hard but you have no choice,son."

What? How? Why? There are many questions flowing inside his mind right now

"Mom,what do you mean by I have no choice? It's my life! Why would I agree into marrying someone I don't even love!?!" His voice raised at the same time as the vases of plants in the room started to shake too.

"Jinwook,calm down.Please,let's talk all of these out calmly." Before his mother can even stand up,the woman already went to him and touched him by the arm.
As soon as the woman touched him,he immediately calmed down and the vases stopped shaking.He looked at the woman confusedly.

"Calm down,boy.Sit down and we'll talk this out together." The woman told her softly but with a hint of firmness,indicating that he should follow.

He sat down once again and stared intently at the two in front of him.

"What is this marriage? And why me?" He asked them,voice sounding neutral this time.

"You'll be married to my son."

Eh?

"Your son?" His forehead creased again at the revelation.

"I know it's a shock for you,to be arranged to a guy but I know that you're not into girls,Jinwook-ah." His mother smiled softly at him.

He was caught off guard.He thought he was doing a good job in hiding the truth. Yes,he's not interested into having a relationship with girls,at all.He didn't know when it started but he found much more interest in boys and dated them from time to time.

"How...?"

"I'm your mother Jinwook-ah.You're not by my side all the time but I have my ways." She smirked at him and immediately claps her hand.

"Anyways...back to the topic. You'll be married to Mrs. Seon's son-"

"How sure are you that her son and I would get along? What if he's some kind of psychopath who would take advantage of my body when I'm asleep?" He looks at the women in front of him with a disgusted face.

Mrs. Seon's laugh echoed at the room while his mother was just looking at him with an unbelievable eyes.

"Oh don't worry about that,Jinwook-ah. My son is totally fine and he's not a psychopath who would take advantage of your body.Although he can be a nagger at times but he's actually nice." The woman reassured him while smiling softly.

He was actually quite convinced already and he doesn't even know why.He should be rejecting it but he just stayed silent instead
.
Sensing that he wasn't planning to say something,Mrs. Seon immediately offered him something.

"Okay so...I can sense that you're still in doubt about all of these.How about you get to know each other first and then if you don't get along with each other then we'll cancel the wedding?"

"Wait,wha-" His mother looked at the woman beside him,Mrs. Sein just smiled at his mother,as if they were communicating through their eyes.

His mother sighed then turned to look at him.

"Yeah,how about do that,Jinwook-ah?" His mother smiled at him.

"I can't leave the school grou-"

"He's transferring to your school and dorm tomorrow." His mother interrupted him and his eyes widened at what she just said.

"Wait,what!?!" He shook his head furiously.

"He's going to be enrolled to the Academy to enhance his power.He still can't use his power to the whole extent,so I hope you'll take care of him?" Mrs. Seon looked at him expectantly.

A guy in the magic world who still can't use his magic properly? That's pretty rare...

He didn't question on why her son can't use his magic properly and just nodded at the woman.

He thinks about all of it. It wouldn't hurt to try,right?

Besides he's pretty sure that they won't get along well.I'm hard to handle...goodluck to him.

"Thank you so much,Jinwook-ah. This means a lot." Mrs. Seon stood up and hugged him.

Mrs. Seon proceeded to hug his mom and bid goodbye to them.

"I still need to do my son's papers,so I'll get going first." Mrs. Seon gave him one last smile then left.

After Mrs. Seon left,his mother and him were left into a complete silence.

"Jinwook,I know that you don't like whatever this arrangement we made for you and Mrs. Seon's son...but please trust me on this one. I wouldn't push you to do this if it's not for your own sake right?" His mother suddenly walked to him and hugged him tightly.

He knows about it.His mom isn't the type to make impulsive actions,especially because her power isn't as simple as it seems.

His mother is a Seer.Being able to see the future in her dreams is not really easy. One wrong move from her,the future can change.Either in a good wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter