Chapter 1

Indebted Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two flustered adult figure kept moving back and forth in front of one spacious house contemplating of choosing better options for one tiny figure held securely by their embrace. As much as they love their first child, living in despair and poverty are the last think they ever thought they could offer towards their innocent child.

“Dear are you sure this is fine?” The mother speaks while tightly holding her child with tears overflowing try to second guess their decision.

“I know this is hard for you, for us but let’s think what’s the best for our child first before anything” The father hugged both of them trying to console the mother even more.

No parents in the world would abandon their child but do they want their child suffer together? That’s the other decision they could offer in the name of love through sacrifice.

Slowly the mother put her child in the basket and place it in front of the mysterious house door while sobbing hard. The father could only comfort the mother in silence knowing this is the best decision they could ever think.

“I’m sorry my dear little child. Please forgive mom and dad for resorting to this. It’s hard for us but I hope when you grow up, you’ll understand. If things will work out and turn better for us, I will come back for you”

The father kissed his baby for the last time.

“Father is right. I know you might hate us in the future but our love for you is forever. Please take this with you”

The mother took out her silver pendant with their family name crafted on it and place it next to the baby.

“Hope you live a good life. We will miss you dearly. See you again my dear child, Chou Tzuyu”

Morning sun light shrine so bright till it could illuminates through the house’s windows brightly which awaken one sleepy soul from her deep sleep. And if it the sun wasn’t bright enough to interrupt his sleep, one loud knocking made him jumped out of the bed.

*bang bang bang*

The door kept getting knocked loudly which irritate the man.

“I know I know… give me a second”

Slowly he walked towards the door with his half-awake eyes while rubbing his back enduring the pain from his morning shock.

“You see we are run out of our welfare fund so please careful with the door ok? Now what’s the matter Ye-eun ah?”

“Sorry Park papa! But you need to see this!” little Ye-eun forcefully pulled Mr Park with her as something important need his action immediately.

“Ok ok hold on Ye-eun. Let me wash my face first”

“Ok! We will wait you down stairs!”

Once Mr Park done with refreshing his face, he went down to see Jeongyeon, Jihyo and Yeeun gathered in front of the door curiously observing some kind of basket.

“Park appa! Look at this!” Ye eun pulled Mr Park closer to give him better view of what’s going on.

“Huh? A baby?” Mr Park couldn’t believe his eyes. Who could have left their child alone overnight in front of a house? Of course he’s fully aware this house is for the orphanage or abandon child residing in Korea but it angered him thinking the child was abandoned alone without proper hand over.

“If you don’t want the child just hand it to me properly damn it” he whispered to herself.

“I wonder who left this baby?” Yeeun wondered while looking at the baby full of curiosity.

“Is she even alive?” little Jeongyeon couldn’t help but to poke the baby’s cheek several time ensuring her condition.

“Park appa~ what sould we do with her?” little Jihyo stood behind Mr Park while hugging the man right leg like a koala since she couldn’t understand the situation and afraid the baby might die or cry soon.

Mr Park was lost in thought till he saw a piece of paper slid next to baby and he took it quickly.

“A letter?” Mr Park carefully read the letter while the rest of the kids gathered around the innocent baby trying to feed their curiosity.

Dear Mr/Miss xxx,

If you happen to read this letter, we are the baby’s biological parents. I know this might seems harsh and cruel but please understand our situation. We have been living in poverty for years as foreigner in this land and we couldn’t afford this child welfare for the rest of her live.

We wish to hand her over legally and formally but we don’t have money to afford such process. I know this is wrong in so many level but if please have some heart for my little baby wellbeing. You can hate us but please not the baby.

Please love her with all of your heart. Our precious little child, Chou Tzuyu

Mr Park let out big sighed. Of course there’s no way he could abandon the child and this is not his first time dealing with such case. With heavy steps, he approached the small innocent figure just to found out he has fall for the little soul.

“How could someone leave you out here little soul?” Mr Park wondered while the baby safely secured on his dependable arms. Moments later he saw another envelope slipped in between the baby’s pillow. He took it quickly to feed his curiosity.

“Huh? Another foreigner”

“Another one Park appa?” Yeeun asked.

“Indeed but she’s from Taiwan”

“Are we going to keep her Park appa? Can we? Pleaseeee..”Jihyo tugged Mr Park’s shirt while flaunting her cute pleading face which will won over Mr Park anytime anywhere and that’s definitely his weakness.

“Of course!”  Without a doubt he pledge to himself to take care of the child.

“But promise me all of you will take care of her just how you take care of Sana. Ok? Remember love knows no boundaries no matter where you come from. Remember that” Mr Park said while smile warmly knowing the rest will accept Tzuyu like the day they welcomed Sana into his small family.

“Of course Park appa!!! Now I have another little sister to take care! And she’s from Taiwan!” Jeongyeon jumped with joy.

“Oh oh!!! Now I’m no longer the youngest one here. I can be a sister from now on! yeay! I’m going to take care Tzuyu with all of my might! Thank you Park appa!” Jihyo hugged Mr Park,s leg once again like koala who truly thankful and cherish for gifting her a little sister to take care of.

Yeeun soon joined them giggling and jumping in circle celebrating their newly sister in the house which later made Mr Park realized one soul is missing from their ceremonies.

“where’s Sana?”

“何が起こっている?”

(“what’s going on?”)

“Ah, there our little Sana. Still couldn’t speak Korean?” Mr Park smiled.

“Sorry… it’s a habit Park Appa. I’ll get used to it. I’m still learning” Sana giggled nervously.

“Don’t worry. You’ll be learning with someone later”

“Really? How?” Sana walked closer while rubbing her sleepy eyes.

“ひとりじゃない”

(“You’re not alone”) . Carefully Mr Park bend lower just to give her a better view of her new companion or sister to cherish with.

She knew exactly what “alone” meant, without her consent, tears started to flow and dampen her booth cheeks. Was it jealousy? Did she feel threaten now she’s no longer the special one there? No!

Just like love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter