Prologue

This Is My World

 

00

 

 

My thoughts are racing at how this could possibly be true, I stared at the scene in front of me while my brain refused to process such a fictitious sight. My eyes had become glossy and moist with tears threatening to spill, before I knew a teardrop trickled down my sweltering cheeks that flushed with a deep crimson colour. Tears started to fall freely from my eyes wetting my face, as it dripped onto the lifeless and blooded body that laid in front of me. Limbs mangled, cuts, brusies all over the body with an obvious gunshot wound precisely proturded through the middle of the forehead. I whimpered in shocked as the adrenaline  finally took over me, quickly I covered my mouth to silence the sound of pain and grief escaping my lips. Suddenly the warehouse had become too small for me, I felt the space closing in, trapping me between its walls. It became difficult to breathe and I desparately tried to gasped for air but felt my chest tighten with every movement. “Get her up.” An unfamiliar voice  echoed through the space within seconds I felt a pair of hands wrapped around my waist, I was being forced to stand on my own two feet no longer spawned on the cold concrete ground hovering over the decease body. In that moment I thought that any normal person would have instantly looked away from a dead body that was this battered, but not me, I'm not normal and niether is everyone in this room.

“Crying won’t fix the situation Hyejin, get yourself together.” I sniffled my snot and whipped my tears away with my sleeve. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, especially who it was coming from, I realised how distant Kento has been and how he chose to stand opposite me instead of next to me. I wanted, no needed his touch at this moment like a hug or just anything to comfort me. “Get the car ready, we don’t know if the killer is still around and if there are eyes on us. Take Hyejin first.” Kento spoke to his mens as the scrambled to follow his orders, I watched as the men start to pick up the lifeless body preparing to clean up while others jogged to the entrace and headed outside. I notcied two of Kento's men moving towards me, but I backed up instictively only to bump into someone behide me. I started yelling as I was being grabbed with force  “No! No! No!” I protested, putting up a fight with all my might, viciously thrasing and kicking. “Hyejin listen to me, you’re not okay right now. Please let me handle this I need you to be safe.” I started to bawl my eyes out agian deciding not to fight against Kento’s men not that I couldn’t, but the remaining energy has drained from my body, I have surprisingly lost all strength and will. I stood between the two men still gripping tightly onto me, I continued to whimper and watched Kento stride over to me. I was such a wreck, I tried to compose myself to no avail. A small reassuring smile appeared on his handsome face, which was contoured by the dim lights in the warehouse enhancing his defined jaw line and eluminating his dark brown eyes into a hazel honey colour. “I promise I’ll deal with this situation, I'll bring him back for you.” He creasesed my chin annd lowered his voice in the process “Trust me, I love you.” Kento whispered to me softly, his gazed directed into my eyes not blinking once. His pupils moved erratically like he was searching for something... like an answer to his affirmation.

I didn’t reply and I heard him sighed in dissapointment, I adverted my gaze down towards my feet with more tears brusting from my eyes, my heart and body ached…everything was numb. My vision became blurry all I knew was I was being dragged by Kento's mento the entrance with their grip loosening up seeing as I was no longer resisting. The door of the warehouse flew open with the sun beaming down on us, the warmth hitting my face. I squinted from the brightness making sure my eyes would adjust to the new surroundings, but not for lingering second because we reached the car and was pushed onto the leather seats. At this moment I wasn’t sure what was going on, is my brain glitching? Am acting up from shock? I was thinking of him. I know I shouldn’t and I know it wasn’t the right time to be wondering about him, but I needed to know one thing. I fished my phone out previously sitting in the right pocket of my jacket swiping my thumb across the screen in a zig zag formation to unlock. I dial his number and waited impatinetly as the phone rang once, twice the line became quite for a split second. Then I hear the other end picking up the call. A sigh of relief escaped from me, I smiled slightly to myself when “Hello? Hyejin...” the voice on the other line is comforting somehow… but the feeling didn’t last long as the sound of glass shattering ruptured my ear drums. I instinctively dropped the phone and covered my ears, hunching forward eyes shut tightly. I could feel tiny pieces of glasses shower over me entirely, with a few managing to fall through my sweater. I opend my eyes noticed the window scattred beneath my feet covering the floor, but a slight reflection, a quick sparkle caught my eyes. I blink to adjust to the sight as the object glared underneath the rays of sun. A bullet...